I was really excited when I saw bbm meetings is coming to the new update. Then I found out its not free! -_- that's not cool! BlackBerry should make it available for all platforms and make it free so more and more people download and use it. Aghh!

Posted via CB10
    RonZed10 likes this.
    04-02-15 05:19 AM
    i don't even load it with my installs....
    04-02-15 05:23 AM
    I know they need to make money but I agree, it should be free with paid extras.

There are other free alternatives so it's a little hard to justify the price tag.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-02-15 06:51 AM
    I know they need to make money but I agree, it should be free with paid extras.

There are other free alternatives so it's a little hard to justify the price tag.

Posted via CB10
    Same here I aslo cant justify the price.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-02-15 02:32 PM
    I use it and believe it or not I pay for it. Worth every cent.

It's free for my family members as well as long as I set up the meeting.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 03:28 PM
    It's not meant to be a replacement for free one on one video chatting. It's meant to be a replacement for things like WebEx.

What they really need to do is roll out cross platform bbm video.

Posted via CB10
    Rello, jmr1015, miker476 and 1 others like this.
    04-02-15 03:31 PM
    Yeah, OP is missing the point that this BBM Meetings is a replacement for AnyMeeting, WebEx etc, which cost the same or more, and don't necessarily have the same mobile cross platform features as BBM Meetings.

For about $14.00 per month, I could host a meeting of up to 25 people, who could be on iPhone, BlackBerry, or Android, or PC or Mac. There's video and screen share presenting, and a Mac or PC can record the entire audio of the meeting. That's actually a great deal. It's not really geared towards the average CrackBerrian.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by timboalogo; 04-06-15 at 06:16 PM.
    miker476 likes this.
    04-02-15 07:32 PM
    I just recently purchased it as well for myself to conference with my colleagues. However I haven't had the chance to set it up yet...I tried doing it from my phone to activate my administrative permissions but couldn't unless I was doing wrong. Do I have to do it from my laptop? Any help on how do it would be greatly appreciated...as I am excited to give it a spin...thanks guys.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 10:20 AM
    I just recently purchased it as well for myself to conference with my colleagues. However I haven't had the chance to set it up yet...I tried doing it from my phone to activate my administrative permissions but couldn't unless I was doing wrong. Do I have to do it from my laptop? Any help on how do it would be greatly appreciated...as I am excited to give it a spin...thanks guys.

Posted via CB10
    It is easier to do from a computer, yes.

1. Login to the Identity Management Console @ https://idp.blackberry.com
    2. Go to Services and add BBM Meetings
    3. Go to Entitlements and send an invite to your e-mail address (the email you want to use when loggin into BBM Meetings as a host)

Then you're good to go!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 10:04 PM

3. Go to Entitlements and send an invite to your e-mail address (the email you want to use when loggin into BBM Meetings as a host)

Then you're good to go!

Posted via CB10
    I've finally got my trial subscription started but can't seem to log into the Identity Management Console. I guess it takes a bit of time for BlackBerry to activate my account? Waiting patiently... Though it's been a long tedious setup and wait process already.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    RonZed10 likes this.
    04-22-15 12:59 PM
    Finally got it working... and also noticed it has over 10,000 reviews in the Google Play Store!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-22-15 06:13 PM
    Never use it. Should be free.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:59 AM
    I think there are a lot of consumers upset about BBM meetings and its cost but again BlackBerry has been upfront saying they are focusing on enterprise and this cost per month is nothing for businesses to use so that everyone, regardless of phone or platform, can communicate via meetings.

Makes sense. I knew when BlackBerry changed their focus there would be consumers upset with the efforts of BlackBerry to monotize the platform.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    04-25-15 10:03 AM
    I use it and believe it or not I pay for it. Worth every cent.

It's free for my family members as well as long as I set up the meeting.

Posted via CB10
    Can you explain how do you do it? The other ones don't pay for it and still can video chat? Your answer will be very helpful to me. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 02:05 PM
    Can you explain how do you do it? The other ones don't pay for it and still can video chat? Your answer will be very helpful to me. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Purchasing BBM meetings allows you to host or initiate meetings. That means I as a host can initiate a meeting with you or any one of my other contacts. But if you do not pay for a license, you can participate in but not start meetings with others. Hope that helps.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! 
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-27-15 06:24 PM

Then you're good to go!

Posted via CB10
    BrizzadMan...you're the man. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 11:51 PM
    Purchasing BBM meetings allows you to host or initiate meetings. That means I as a host can initiate a meeting with you or any one of my other contacts. But if you do not pay for a license, you can participate in but not start meetings with others. Hope that helps.

Wow that was really helpful!! I'm a heavy BlackBerry user and I didn't know this, basically I can "video chat" with anybody, and they don't have to pay. I'm going to use this heavily in my company.
    Makes me wonder how many BBM user actually know this...

Thanks for the information my friend.

Have a a nice day.

Posted via CB10
    3_M4N likes this.
    04-28-15 07:44 AM
    Wow that was really helpful!! I'm a heavy BlackBerry user and I didn't know this, basically I can "video chat" with anybody, and they don't have to pay. I'm going to use this heavily in my company.
    Makes me wonder how many BBM user actually know this...

Thanks for the information my friend.

Have a a nice day.

Posted via CB10
    No problemo amigo. I also wonder how many people realize this is something that's available to them.
    I've only used it a few times, but I've been really pleased with the cross platform experience.
    I think you'll love it.
    Let us know how it goes!

04-28-15 10:14 PM
    I paid for it (for biz use) but still use it to talk with multiple fam members at once.. surprisingly good.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 01:22 PM
    I don't use it, but testing it gave me a very good impression of the advanced technology running in the background.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:24 AM
    Never use it. Should be free.

Posted via CB10
    Why "should" it be free?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 10:38 AM
    It is an awesome program. Used it the other day with my BlackBerry Passport, a BlackBerry Classic, and iPhone user, and a Samsung 5S user. Worked awesome on all platforms. I am currently in a "Trial" program but will be happy to pay for this feature.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 07:55 PM
    Upgraded to 10.3 and the first thing I did was get rid of meetings!

Posted from Nederland!
    06-18-15 10:12 PM
    Upgraded to 10.3 and the first thing I did was get rid of meetings!

Posted from Nederland!
    Any particular reason you got rid of it? I've been really happy with my experience with it so far. I'd be interested in hearing what didn't work out for you.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible Classic! 
    06-19-15 09:07 PM
    Any particular reason you got rid of it? I've been really happy with my experience with it so far. I'd be interested in hearing what didn't work out for you.
    Never had a reason to use it. Although reading this thread might spark an interest!

Posted from Nederland!
    06-27-15 12:02 PM