I have a Passport and a PRIV, and currently switch between devices weekly or every two weeks or so. I'm not yet sold on Android, so sometimes I feel the need to use BB10 again. In doing so, I have to switch BBM and WhatsApp.

Anyway, I remember reading somewhere you had a limit of times you could switch BBM between devices during a year. Is this restriction still in place? Does it also apply to the PRIV or other Android devices?

BTW, what about WhatsApp, is there a limit to how many times you can switch?

Any insight would be helpful, thanks.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    05-09-16 11:51 AM
    There is no restriction on how many times you switch BBM. Regarding WhatsApp I don't know 100% but don't think there is either.
    05-09-16 12:53 PM
    There is no restriction on how many times you switch BBM. Regarding WhatsApp I don't know 100% but don't think there is either.
    According to some users there is and it was even noted on Crackberry: http://m.crackberry.com/dear-berry-h...ices-regularly

As mentioned in this 2014 article, there seems to be 15 slots. User's comments, however, suggest varied experiences. For instance, someone mentions being able to have up to 5 BB10 devices associated with the same BBID, although BBM can only be used on one at a time.

I wonder if: 1) the restriction to switch between devices is still in place?; and 2) If it applies to switching between the BB10 and Android versions?

Last edited by JG_Agustin; 05-10-16 at 08:45 AM.
    05-10-16 08:32 AM
    According to some users there is and it was even noted on Crackberry: Dear Berry: How do I seamlessly switch devices regularly? | CrackBerry.com

As mentioned in this 2014 article, there seems to be 15 slots. User's comments, however, suggest varied experiences. For instance, someone mentions being able to have up to 5 BB10 devices associated with the same BBID, although BBM can only be used on one at a time.

I wonder if: 1) the restriction to switch between devices is still in place?; and 2) If it applies to switching between the BB10 and Android versions?

The 15 slots refers to how many devices (BB10 / PlayBook/ Priv) you can have associated with a BBID, not how many times you can switch. If you're continuously switching between 2 devices, it won't lock you out. And yes, there is only Single Point of Presence right now on BBM.
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    05-10-16 09:05 AM
    The 15 slots refers to how many devices (BB10 / PlayBook/ Priv) you can have associated with a BBID, not how many times you can switch. If you're continuously switching between 2 devices, it won't lock you out. And yes, there is only Single Point of Presence right now on BBM.
    By reading further user's post, I can confirm what you mention, thanks for the input.

I wonder if BlackBerry will ever allow for simultaneous use of BBM among several devices. I'm sure a lot of users who have recently switched to the PRIV and still use a BB10 would find it quite useful.

05-10-16 09:10 AM
    By reading further user's post, I can confirm what you mention, thanks for the input.

I wonder if BlackBerry will ever allow for simultaneous use of BBM among several devices. I'm sure a lot of users who have recently switched to the PRIV and still use a BB10 would find it quite useful.

I would. Big time.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-10-16 09:32 AM
    Can someone please tell me where to sign out of BBM on the Priv?

I went into Accounts and deleted the BBM account, but it's still logged into the wrong ID.

I'm looking and looking, but not finding it yet.

I understand that on other Android phones, you can delete the app, but not on the Priv.
    05-21-16 07:10 PM
    Can someone please tell me where to sign out of BBM on the Priv?

I went into Accounts and deleted the BBM account, but it's still logged into the wrong ID.

I'm looking and looking, but not finding it yet.

I understand that on other Android phones, you can delete the app, but not on the Priv.
    Clear the App Data. From the App drawer, long press and hold on BBM, drag it to App info then clear data. It'll sign you out

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-22-16 05:47 PM