Hi

How long do you realistically think this problem will take to resolve.
    With the lack of info coming from BB while there were issues, and the fairly vague update giving no idea of timescale i really don't think it will be anytime soon.

I hope i'm wrong but it's been an advertising nightmare for them.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    09-22-13 01:54 AM
    Soon. =^]

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-22-13 01:55 AM
    2 possibilities

1 : this Sunday if they know how to fix it or

2 : it's a bigger problem and we might see it by the end of this week or beginning of the week after

I personally wouldn't be surprised if the second possibility turns out to be true.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 05:54 AM
    Sounds to me like they can't handle the load. Maybe they'll throw more servers at it and that will be that.

Although it could be an ongoing problem for them, even after they start allowing people to download the app. Disconcerting because a company like BlackBerry they should be able to scale without a ton of effort.
    09-22-13 06:02 AM
    It was a security hole..

Send from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio and BlackBerry OS 10.2.0.1725
    09-22-13 06:05 AM
    Hmm im thinking 3 week maybe amonth due to whats happend :/ sure hope bb knows what there doing

Sent from my GT-I8190 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-22-13 06:11 AM
    My money is on 2 weeks, dont think its a load issue 1.1 million users is nothing, whatsapp handles a couple hundred million so they knew the type of scale they could expect. Something wrong in the server code.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_995 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-22-13 06:26 AM
    Using BlackBerry timing it will be at the end of the fall, or by the end of the winter.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and zuba_123 like this.
    09-22-13 06:29 AM
    Sounds to me like they can't handle the load. Maybe they'll throw more servers at it and that will be that.

Although it could be an ongoing problem for them, even after they start allowing people to download the app. Disconcerting because a company like BlackBerry they should be able to scale without a ton of effort.
    It has nothing to do with the load, this is the same company that already has 60 million active users on their own platform. 1.1 million users is a drop in the bucket.

As they stated, the problem was an issue with the leaked Android version that was being pass around.

To the OPs question, I think it's going to be down for a few days.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    yvpan1 likes this.
    09-22-13 06:34 AM
    And why should the leaked android version cause damage to the ios version - to me it all sounds like they were just searching for a good excuse.

And remember the leaked version was also made by BlackBerry so it is not that it contains malicious code or so

Posted via CB10
    anon(5828343) and Danny Ocean like this.
    09-22-13 07:28 AM
    We can keep asking questions and complaining but all we will hear is some bullsh*t about how GREAT blackberry is every time. Sickening. There are no REAL answers. I am very surprised how Crackberry is a) hyping up how ONE million people downloaded the app (that doesnt work), and b) how, with all their great insight, they cannot give us a reasonable explanation as to why blackberry messed this one up. Seriously. Is there a silver lining here too?

BBM4ALL coming soon JUNE 2014.
    09-22-13 07:37 AM
    Crackberry never had insight in anything

It's a fan site and rumors are posted as read news

Send from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio and BlackBerry OS 10.2.0.1725
    09-22-13 07:42 AM
    All I have to say is this is just another black eye for confidence in the company.
    09-22-13 07:57 AM
    We should start to call it #failberry

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:17 AM
    This company refuses to change. This is the nail in the coffin unfortunately.

Whatsapp and Kik never had this issue.. weird?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:38 AM
    I think the more important question is how long until Heins steps down.

This is an epic failure for a company that didn't need this. Why they didn't run a public beta on this is beyond me. A false start beta is one thing, but this happening when you're going prime time is unacceptable.

I'm upset because I love my BlackBerry and want to be able to replace it in a few years with another one. At this pace I'll be storing my Q10 in a drawer when it's gone as a relic of the past with no replacement BlackBerry available.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    09-22-13 08:58 AM
    If past performance is any indication, it could take months and it will be radio silence from BBRY until then. Another major BBRY failure.
    09-22-13 09:02 AM
    And why should the leaked android version cause damage to the ios version - to me it all sounds like they were just searching for a good excuse.

And remember the leaked version was also made by BlackBerry so it is not that it contains malicious code or so

Posted via CB10
    My theory is, the way PINs are assigned is affect, maybe it doesn't register the PIN properly and the folks on iOS end up with the same PIN.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:05 AM
    It is indeed true that the Canadians are very different from their American cousins, although they tend to look the same. Different attitude and different efficiency.
    09-22-13 09:22 AM
    Hopefully they have it resolved by the earnings report on Friday.
    09-22-13 09:40 AM
    I think the more important question is how long until Heins steps down.

This is an epic failure for a company that didn't need this. Why they didn't run a public beta on this is beyond me. A false start beta is one thing, but this happening when you're going prime time is unacceptable.

I'm upset because I love my BlackBerry and want to be able to replace it in a few years with another one. At this pace I'll be storing my Q10 in a drawer when it's gone as a relic of the past with no replacement BlackBerry available.

Posted via CB10
    Step down? I don't think so. With a $55m incentive for facilitating the acquisition of BBRY, I don't think he will be bowing out anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 10:13 AM
    He should be fired for incompetence.

Fine, pay him the $55 million. It's just a fraction of what his failure of leadership is costing the company, it's shareholders and those 4600 additional people now out of work.

Posted via CB10
    jsilvey2351 likes this.
    09-22-13 10:45 AM
    And time proves I've been right with my prediction 1 week +

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:57 PM