I haven't owned a BlackBerry phone in some time. I returned with BlackBerry Q10 and see BBM. I want to use it but have no clue whatsoever how it works. How do I add people? All it gives me is an option to rub phones or scan code. Can't add by user names? How do I join groups. Again it only says add by code. That is confusing for me. Where do I find this magical code?

How do I make people add me? How do I really do anything that doesn't require that stupid *** "scan code" feature. Like my pin. I don't even know it and if I did would it even matter since I don't see add by pin option or anything. I want to use it but the limited options makes me not even bother trying.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 02:31 PM
    How do I use BBM?!-img_00000932.png

Sometimes obvious isn't enough.
    Write the PIN where it says "To"

To see your pin, look at your profile, write mypin on the keyboard or go to "about" in settings

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    07-30-13 02:37 PM
    -Tap the "invite to BBM" tab
    -You should see "To field, enter your contact's PIN or email address.
    -Tap Send'

Update: poster above shows the exact screen I was trying to describe!
    07-30-13 02:47 PM
    I can't seem to add bbm contacts on my z10. Help please.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 10:36 AM
    I can't seem to add bbm contacts on my z10. Help please.

Posted via CB10
    Are you unable to find the option, or are your invites just not going through? To add contacts, you need to be in the BBM app itself, not the Hub. Click on the three dots and then you'll get the option 'Invite to BBM'. If your invites aren't going through try rebooting your phone or re-seating the SIM card (had that happen to a customer of mine just this week).
    08-02-13 11:47 AM
    I don't know my pin how I get my pin

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 12:12 PM
    @anishmali Can't tell what phone you have but in the body of a email type mypin and your pin should pop up.
    Also check in settings under hardware.
    Also if you type mypin in the response window while on theQ10 it'll show your pin at the bottom in the app predictive text pane.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 01:06 PM
    I don't know my pin how I get my pin

Posted via CB10
    Go to SETTINGS.
    Then ABOUT.
    Choose HARDWARE category.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 01:07 PM
    Thank you, similar situation here:

I have hooked up my beloved Z10 to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Exchange (eg. only the latter already with 800+ contacts). Is there any way the Z10 can leverage this huge amount of social data to pre-populate my BBM contacts or at least provide me with some indication which of these contacts are using BBM as well (i.e. that it's worthwhile sending a BBM invitation to them)?
    08-07-13 09:15 AM
    Guys, this is it: BBM on BlackBerry 10 *does* allow for auto-suggesting those of one's contacts that use BBM as well!

Thanks goes to Akainzo who guided me to this slightly hidden gem of the contacts app. Simply open the contacts app (not BBM!), switch to BBM contacts and then to the Recommended pane at the top. If you wait for a second you should see how the list slowly populates with those of your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and personal contacts also having registered with BBM.

The one thing I'm not sure about is whether all these contacts are really active BBM users or simply users that have maybe once used BBM with an earlier device and are therefore still registered with BBM. Time will tell.

Happy BBM'ing!
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-08-13 11:18 AM
    Go to SETTINGS.
    Then ABOUT.
    Choose HARDWARE category.

Posted via CB10
    What?
    Click on the bar next to you picture and show bar code // bb10

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:25 AM