I'm temporarily going to switch to a Moto X from my dying 9900 until I can pick up a classic or Passport. I've signed into my BBM app on the Moto using my BBID that is also being used on the 9900. But it has a new PIN and each phone can BBM to each other. Once I turn off the 9900, how do I get my BBM to follow me to the new phone? Will it just reassign to my new PIN at that point?
    11-19-14 10:27 AM
    Make "Security Wipe" on your BB 9900...it delete all your data from the phone. After that your BBM will close on your 9900 and you can enter same Blackberry ID on your Android device.
    11-19-14 10:37 AM
    It'll reasign based off of your bbid. The pin doesn't really matter. I've done this plenty of times. No need to do a wipe on your 9900 either. It'll pretty much deactivate the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:40 AM
    Make "Security Wipe" on your BB 9900...it delete all your data from the phone. After that your BBM will close on your 9900 and you can enter same Blackberry ID on your Android device.
    I'm not sure this will work, because android and IOS does not login using BBID. That's why stickers and contacts don't sync cross platform
    I would NOT wipe, and manually copy over the pin numbers
    11-19-14 10:41 AM
    Thanks. I've already entered the BBID on the Moto X. Will it simply become my account at the point of a wipe of the 9900? Because right now it appears to be it's own account that can BBM between other phones, including my 9900, even though it has the SAME BBID as the 9900 phone.
    11-19-14 10:44 AM
    I'm not sure this will work, because android and IOS does not login using BBID. That's why stickers and contacts don't sync cross platform
    I would NOT wipe, and manually copy over the pin numbers
    Hmm....yea, that's what I though. I just want to make sure that when people BBM me on the new phone that it goes to there. Because right now, the Moto with BBM appears to be a completely separate account even though I'm signed in with the same BBID that the 9900 has.
    11-19-14 10:46 AM
    Hmm....yea, that's what I though. I just want to make sure that when people BBM me on the new phone that it goes to there. Because right now, the Moto with BBM appears to be a completely separate account even though I'm signed in with the same BBID that the 9900 has.
    The cross platform BBM will assign a new PIN to your BBM. It is different from the hardware coded pin on BB
    Because of that, I don't think the cross platform account will link with your 9900 BBID
    If after a while it doesn't sync the contacts, you may have to do it manually
    11-19-14 10:53 AM
    The cross platform BBM will assign a new PIN to your BBM. It is different from the hardware coded pin on BB
    Because of that, I don't think the cross platform account will link with your 9900 BBID
    If after a while it doesn't sync the contacts, you may have to do it manually
    OK, so you're saying that once I get the Moto up and running, I must initiate a request to each of my BBM Contacts and wait for them to connect again? Then when I go back to BlackBerry (classic, etc) I have to do that again?
    11-19-14 10:57 AM
    OK, so you're saying that once I get the Moto up and running, I must initiate a request to each of my BBM Contacts and wait for them to connect again? Then when I go back to BlackBerry (classic, etc) I have to do that again?
    From what I understand, BBM on cross platform and BBM on BB are independent
    Therefore, you will have to do it for the Moto
    For your BB classic, you would use your BBID, and it will sync from your 9900 (your 9900 will become inactivated though)
    11-19-14 11:02 AM
    From what I understand, BBM on cross platform and BBM on BB are independent
    Therefore, you will have to do it for the Moto
    For your BB classic, you would use your BBID, and it will sync from your 9900 (your 9900 will become inactivated though)
    OK, thanks. Sounds like when I go back to classic, etc, I will see contacts from my earlier 9900 account, but those people will see me twice, once from the Moto and once from the BB. I guess I'll just see how it goes.
    11-19-14 11:27 AM
    To be able to use a BlackBerry device Hard coded pin number (first time use) you must create a new email account and add contacts manually.

If you will login using bbid which you had on ios/android previously, it will not let you use BlackBerry device hard coded pin. Rather it will keep the same pin number you had on ios/android starting with "7*****".

This is my personal experience coming from ios and android to Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 03:31 PM