Firstly, mom and dad are BB users.

Daughter's 4th gen ipod has alway had BBM on it for ease of communication between her and us. She recently upgraded, now little brother has it so we did a complete factory reset which wiped all her settings, apps, games, etc.

Before loading apps back to it, I went and updated the BBM app in itunes - as it said "update".

But now when trying to load to the 4th gen ipod, it says the device doesn't have the latest required os for the app, yet the device is totally updated.

So.......... How do I get the BBM app back to the pre-update version?

Or.......... where can I get the old app that functioned just fine on the 4th gen ipod?

Thanks
    12-12-14 09:42 AM
    Got it reverted. But what a serious pain in the ***. Then found the option after all on the device itself - but only AFTER trying to load the app you already know is the wrong one. Not intuitive whatsoever. And no clear help instructions from Apple anyplace. Leave it to Apple to let you think your device is obsolete over an update.

.......... God I love my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 04:46 PM
    Firstly, mom and dad are BB users.

Daughter's 4th gen ipod has alway had BBM on it for ease of communication between her and us. She recently upgraded, now little brother has it so we did a complete factory reset which wiped all her settings, apps, games, etc.

Before loading apps back to it, I went and updated the BBM app in itunes - as it said "update".

But now when trying to load to the 4th gen ipod, it says the device doesn't have the latest required os for the app, yet the device is totally updated.

So.......... How do I get the BBM app back to the pre-update version?

Or.......... where can I get the old app that functioned just fine on the 4th gen ipod?

Thanks
    no can't be iPod Touch 4 can't install IOS 7 and 8 so that's why it says you need to update.

You can get the app if you Jailbreak the iPod. You can install apps from other sources then.
    If you need any help with this just PM me
    12-15-14 09:37 AM