When one goes to invite someone to BBM, you type in a contact and it finds whoever you typed in. However, it won't let you choose which method to send the invite. I believe it defaults to email. BUT the problem with that is if the person has multiple email addresses or multiple phone numbers, how do you choose which one to send it to? BBM won't let me choose which method to use. There are many people I'd like to send the invite to via text message, not email!
    In addition to this, why won't it let me choose which account I'm sending the BBM invite from? For example if I have multiple email addresses, why doesn't it let me choose which one the invite will be coming from?
    03-12-14 03:59 PM
    I believe BB10 uses the default email to send stuff like that.

As for invitation delivery methods... Say you wanna SMS. Type the phone number. Hit Phone.

How to choose specific contact method to send invite in BBM?-img_20140312_171453.png

How to choose specific contact method to send invite in BBM?-img_20140312_171510.png
    As you can see, it will generate an SMS with the BBM invitation.

If you type an email, it will send to the email you selected. Does it matter which email? No, not as long as your contact recieves the message.

Now, if you hit the + and select the contact from there, it will default to email.
    03-12-14 04:17 PM
    I see what you're saying. Yes, that would work..BUT the issue is when you want to invite someone, it goes to your list of contacts. You choose one of them but it defaults to email. I'd like to know if there's a way for you to choose from your contacts which method you'd like to send the invite. Sometimes I don't know their phone numbers off the top of my head and would like to just click on their name and have the various options show up for me to choose from. That would make life a whole lot easier.
    03-12-14 04:49 PM
    Well I implied all answers but here goes blunt version: No and no.

Check their number on the contacts app and make sure your default email is the one you want to send your invitations from.

If you hit the "+", then it's email and your default account. No changin that.
    03-13-14 11:35 AM
    Your answer wasn't blunt at all. I guess we'll just have to wish that BlackBerry improves their inviting system and gives us more choices.

Channel for Asian eye candy
    03-13-14 12:20 PM