Hi, I had a little bug this week as I transferred my borrowed Z10 full backup to my own Z10 back from repair (broken glass) : everything things just transfered right except all my BBM Chats !
    And yes, the "Save Chat History " was "on" before I did the backup.
    So anyone know how to solve this ?
    Thanks
    Alain

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 10:27 AM
    Hi and welcome. I didn't think BBM chats save anymore on BB10.
    You would have to mail yourself a copy of each chat to keep but i don't know of anyway of keeping the chat open and running on your phone after restoring to another phone.
    11-08-13 10:42 AM
    I have the same issue and I wish that some is got the answer
    11-13-13 04:35 AM
    I don't think it's implemented yet for BB10, sadly. I suspect that they're going to tie it in with BlackBerry Protect, whenever that's upgraded to support data backup/restore like on BBOS.

Oddly enough, if you're in a BBM Group, and set your chat history to save for whatever set amount of time, those chats will restore automatically on their own (i.e. without the need to restore a device backup through Link). So I definitely think it's possible and likely handled server-side, but just not available right now.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 01:35 AM
    I don't think it's implemented yet for BB10, sadly. I suspect that they're going to tie it in with BlackBerry Protect, whenever that's upgraded to support data backup/restore like on BBOS.

Oddly enough, if you're in a BBM Group, and set your chat history to save for whatever set amount of time, those chats will restore automatically on their own (i.e. without the need to restore a device backup through Link). So I definitely think it's possible and likely handled server-side, but just not available right now.

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 07:46 AM