If blackberry can figure out how to integrate snap chat features into bbm everyone would want it.
    Senders should have the option for a time limit on pictures,texts,voicenotes and videos.
    What are your thoughts?
    sosof and mnc76 like this.
    11-19-13 10:38 AM
    That would be kickass! A partnership with Snapchat
    Think BlackBerry would like their app in BlackBerry World first tho :P

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:53 AM
    If they can't get a partnership they should do it on their own!
    11-19-13 02:48 PM
    If blackberry can figure out how to integrate snap chat features into bbm everyone would want it.
    Senders should have the option for a time limit on pictures,texts,voicenotes and videos.
    What are your thoughts?
    I think this would make me like BBM less. I think snapchat is silly. "Everyone would want it"...not so sure that's how it would be.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:04 PM
    Snapchat is for paranoid teenagers or cheating adults lol. Don't see it any other way

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:25 PM
    Snapchat is for paranoid teenagers or cheating adults lol. Don't see it any other way

Posted via CB10
    Your comment has nothing to do with the topic.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-19-13 10:30 PM
    What are your thoughts?
    Honestly I don't see how this would benefit blackberry.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    11-19-13 10:31 PM
    Snapchat is extremely popular, If it was added or its features replicated within BBM it would help add many new users. There is currently no full messaging app that has the features of snapchat. I understand not everyone would find these features useful, Different features appeal to different people. But if you have them you enlarge your user base, which would benefit blackberry.
    mnc76 likes this.
    11-19-13 10:54 PM
    Snap chat is stupid, you can just take a screen shot.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:56 PM
    What's snapchat for?

Fired from my Z10
    11-20-13 01:58 AM
    Snapchat lets you send pictures with a time limit set from 1-10 seconds. It also notifies you if the receiver takes a screenshot.
    11-20-13 08:33 AM
    That would be sick! God damn the amount of fun

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 08:40 AM
    Perhaps it will let you know if someone takes a screenshot.

However, someone could take a picture using another device and you would never know.
    11-20-13 08:42 AM
    If you set it for a second or 2, it would be not be that easy to take another device and take a picture or even take a screenshot.
    11-20-13 08:53 AM
    I know BBM is cross platofrm and this won't help that much, but there is a BB10 app called Secret Pictures which is very similar to snapchat and works with BBM. It's a similar concept where the pictures you send will expire after a set amount of time and you can only send them to your BBM contacts. Also, I don't know if I just thought of this, or if they are real features, but you may even be able to recall pictures and there is an option to prevent screen shots of them, which would be a one up on snapchat.

Now, all of that being said, I don't know if developers can build BBM integrated apps for other platforms yet. I don't know if there is the ability for an iOS app to connect to BBM. If so, Secret Pictures may be somethign to work cross platform as well.
    11-20-13 09:06 AM
    I completely agree with the OP. I don't understand why so many people in here are sometime so quick to say that such and such is only for this type of person or that type of person. BBM and BlackBerry are not in a position to be arrogant or complacent. I think they should try to make BBM everything it can possibly be. At present, Snapchat is vulnerable to screen shots from what I've heard. I see no reason why BBM couldn't offer that feature, and also disable screen shots. I think the most important thing is for BBM to release an update with a wallpaper setting along with the additional emoticons that seem to be coming. It's a very competitive world out there, and BBM needs to be best in every category in order to pull people away from what they are already comfortable with. A Snapchat feature? Why not.

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    11-20-13 09:13 AM
    I completely agree with the OP. I don't understand why so many people in here are sometime so quick to say that such and such is only for this type of person or that type of person. BBM and BlackBerry are not in a position to be arrogant or complacent. I think they should try to make BBM everything it can possibly be. At present, Snapchat is vulnerable to screen shots from what I've heard. I see no reason why BBM couldn't offer that feature, and also disable screen shots. I think the most important thing is for BBM to release an update with a wallpaper setting along with the additional emoticons that seem to be coming. It's a very competitive world out there, and BBM needs to be best in every category in order to pull people away from what they are already comfortable with. A Snapchat feature? Why not.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I would like to add that Snapchat is a very popular app and it's fun to use. I'm 23 and in college and all of my classmates use it, even my friends outside of school. It would be awesome to integrate it into BlackBerry some way or another

8330--8530--9670--palm pre--palm pixi--HTC evo shift--9850--9930--iphone 4--iphone 5--Z10--HTC One--Galaxy s3--Galaxy s4--Q10
    mnc76 likes this.
    11-20-13 09:17 AM
    Its very easy with BB10.... snap.... oops I was a second late... rewind... oh there it is, got it.

If you set it for a second or 2, it would be not be that easy to take another device and take a picture or even take a screenshot.
    11-20-13 09:18 AM
    Snapchat lets you send pictures with a time limit set from 1-10 seconds. It also notifies you if the receiver takes a screenshot.
    So it's for selfies and dicpics? Nice guys.

Fired from my Z10
    11-20-13 10:53 AM
    Not awesome at all.
    11-20-13 02:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is a much better idea

Fired from my Z10
    Disparishun likes this.
    11-20-13 07:59 PM
    Given BlackBerry has complete control over the OS, they probably could make it such that photos could expire AND keep people from taking snapshots of it. Then it would actually be better than Snapchat.

But, they probably can only do that on actual bb10 devices, not the cross platform apps.

I would do it. Why not.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:33 PM
    What are your thoughts?
    What's so great about time limits on that stuff? How do I benefit from having that option? Sounds manipulative and controlling to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:41 PM
    What are your thoughts?
    I sure hope BlackBerry is patrolling these sites looking for ideas!

Fired from my Z10
    11-26-13 04:19 AM