I'm pretty new here (but not to BlackBerry products) so maybe this is a common question and I don't know it. But, how do I sell the current version of BBM iOS to my iOS loving friends? They don't have channels, or video, or voice yet, right? So what do they get for downloading it? I have no close friends who use BB, except my wife, but a ton who use Android and iOS. From the looks of it, Android is about to get a pile of stuff. What's the apple lover get besides another way to chat with me (almost a strike against it really ) ?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 06:50 PM
    Wecome to the forums!

GREAT questions. Myself, I am not really bothering pesting people untill 2.0 is out - that's when Channels and BBM Voice hit Android/iOS.

But right now you can pitch reliability of the service, the fact they actually know when people have read (Rs) the message and that it was delivered (Ds) instead of being in transit or stuck in a server. Group support in BBM also beats most everything out there (one could say pictures support is better on Whatsapp but that's debatable). Shared list, tasks, calendars, images - that's groups on BBM.

And although it does not look as fancy as on Whatsapp, you can send voice notes (that people started calling Push to Talk, even though push to talk is a radically different thing).

And don't be fooled: BBM 2.0 and all the stuff it has (which will make it equivalent to BB on Legacy devices - with a BB10 UI) will hit BOTH Android AND iOS.

EDIT: OH, yeah! Groups (again)! There are both hobbie and professional groups all over BBM, so your friends get a chance to interact with more people that share their interests.
    01-06-14 07:23 PM
    Thanks! I've guilted a couple people in to see how it works on this end, but was thinking I should wait until later before pestering about it for days on Facebook. Looks like 2.0 is when I should start.

Think I'll go search some groups myself right now.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 07:48 PM
    Thanks! I've guilted a couple people in to see how it works on this end, but was thinking I should wait until later before pestering about it for days on Facebook. Looks like 2.0 is when I should start.

Think I'll go search some groups myself right now.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    It's hard to dismiss free calls to anyone over WiFi/LTE...

Have fun with groups, here is a good (and bad lol) source: BBM Central - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    01-07-14 05:47 PM
    Yeah, I've been checking and, as a happily married geek, I'm having trouble finding ones for me. I can't be the only BlackBerry owning 30something who plays Atari 2600 and 7800 homebrews? Wait. On second thought, probably I am.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    01-07-14 07:01 PM
    Yeah, I've been checking and, as a happily married geek, I'm having trouble finding ones for me. I can't be the only BlackBerry owning 30something who plays Atari 2600 and 7800 homebrews? Wait. On second thought, probably I am.

Posted via CB10
    Can't find a group? Try a channel! lol

Or even better, start one (but maintain it - groups don't work by themselves).
    01-07-14 07:27 PM