I my girlfriend has a Samsung S4 and if she has out chat open then you hear no sound. The has to close the chat with me if she wants to get another alert when I BBM her.

Is this an issue with her or is it a common issue.

Sux not to hear alert when chat is open.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 05:52 PM
    I my girlfriend has a Samsung S4 and if she has out chat open then you hear no sound. The has to close the chat with me if she wants to get another alert when I BBM her.

Is this an issue with her or is it a common issue.

Sux not to hear alert when chat is open.

Posted via CB10
    You might have more luck in the android forums.
    03-24-14 06:34 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry 10 user. I just want to report that the S4 has issues with BBM. Not only do messages take minutes to send at times but if a person leaves the chat open you don't get any alert. Can u imagine have to close the chat to be able to hear the alert. I tried two Android S4's. Now I understand why my Android friends don't hear their messages.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 06:24 AM
    I will have to tell them to close the chat if they want to hear my alert the next message. Kinda foolish.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 06:25 AM
    Actually, I think that was supposed to be one of the features because when I have a chat open I don't get the notifications either. Sound or LED.
    03-25-14 08:14 AM
    That is suppose to be a feature, people were annoyed that they get sound notifications when the chat is open, still do in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 05:41 PM
    That is suppose to be a feature, people were annoyed that they get sound notifications when the chat is open, still do in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds a little crazy. How about set the alert to a quick lower volume one? My friends on Android leave the chat open lots if times and set phone down so I'm screwed. I'm probably gonna just text my Android friends and not use BBM because I run into this issue all the time. I work hard to get people to download BBM. I'm gonna have to text them now and have them just leave BBM unused. Anyone know if this is fixed on the new version?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 06:59 AM
    I have another friend who got a couple friends to try BBM. As soon as they found out they can't set separate alerts for BBM users they were done.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 07:57 AM
    Common issue (if that wasn't already clear.)

I think (and I can't say with complete certainty because I haven't paid a lot of attention to this,) but if the screen dims out within 30 seconds or whatever, the notification still rings. Or maybe it's upon the screen locking...
    03-26-14 08:46 AM