I (along with many others) have signed up, and I haven't received anything from BlackBerry on if I got picked as a beta tester or how to download. Does anyone know when BlackBerry will get around to doing so?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 09:17 AM
    07-15-14 09:18 AM
    I think we're seeing the classic definition of a paper launch to meet the July deadline.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-15-14 09:00 PM
    I think we're seeing the classic definition of a paper launch to meet the July deadline.

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    That's a very good point, and it wouldn't surprise me at all given BlackBerry's history
    07-15-14 11:37 PM
    Im still dont have it yet either, doesnt mean no one has but so far this is a BS launch like mention and hope someone writes up a nasty article calling them out on it.
    07-15-14 11:56 PM
    Im still dont have it yet either, doesnt mean no one has but so far this is a BS launch like mention and hope someone writes up a nasty article calling them out on it.

I'm am surprised though that there's been less "uproar" because BlackBerry announced that the beta has arrived and all the tech sites announced things like "BBM beta now available for Windows Phone". It all has been pretty misleading
    07-16-14 12:05 AM
    If you signed up via beta zone, your email should be arriving pretty soon with information on how to get it.
    Is my understanding that testing won't be that long before general release.
    07-16-14 12:06 AM
    I'm am surprised though that there's been less "uproar" because BlackBerry announced that the beta has arrived and all the tech sites announced things like "BBM beta now available for Windows Phone". It all has been pretty misleading
    Actually there's people already testing the beta version, don't forget is by invite only for now

And to ad to that, some tech sites that get access to it are under embargo, meaning they can't post a review of it until authorized by BlackBerry.
    07-16-14 12:07 AM
    If you signed up via beta zone, your email should be arriving pretty soon with information on how to get it.
    Is my understanding that testing won't be that long before general release.

I signed up within minutes of it opening up, so my email better be arriving pretty d@mn soon
    07-16-14 12:14 AM
    Actually there's people already testing the beta version, don't forget is by invite only for now

And to ad to that, some tech sites that get access to it are under embargo, meaning they can't post a review of it until authorized by BlackBerry.

Well that wasn't my point when I said it was misleading. The way the media was putting it made it seem like you could just go and download the app
    07-16-14 12:15 AM
    Well that wasn't my point when I said it was misleading. The way the media was putting it made it seem like you could just go and download the app
    oh i thought you meant, misleading by BlackBerry.
    in that case that might be true
    07-16-14 01:30 AM
    Has anyone been able to download BBM for Windows Phone?-img_20140717_021144.png

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 07:12 PM