Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue when using Glympse.

Yesterday, my wife was able to watch me drive in real-time as I drove home.

Today, she was out and, though I did a full 4-hour Glympse session, it wouldn't update her location unless she physically tapped 'Update'. Even after that, she had to hit 'Update' each time she wanted to relay her location.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

On a side note, I'm not sure why Glympse needs to expire after a 4-hour maximum. I would love to see it on indefinitely (with permission of course) and only turned off if requested by the user.
    05-04-14 02:23 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and the forums!
    I haven't used Glympse for much longer than 30 minutes so I can't say. Hopefully someone with some Glympse experience can tell you what they have found.
    05-05-14 07:39 AM
    Sadly my experience with Glympse is better on Android BBM on a Samsung Galaxy S4 than that on a Q10. on the Q10, it doesn't update location unless you force update or view your location on the map within Glympse.
    05-05-14 08:15 PM
    I've posted about this before. In the end I contacted BlackBerry directly and they said it was highlighted as a bug.

I assume they mean to fix it in later updates.

Z10 until Z30
    05-07-14 05:48 PM
    Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue when using Glympse.
    Yesterday, my wife was able to watch me drive in real-time as I drove home.
    Today, she was out and, though I did a full 4-hour Glympse session, it wouldn't update her location unless she physically tapped 'Update'. Even after that, she had to hit 'Update' each time she wanted to relay her location.
    Is there a setting I'm missing?
    I've had this issue too. Glympse not updating for minutes. It shows "last updated ..7 minutes ago" when it should be updating in real-time or atleast every few seconds.

I've posted about this before. In the end I contacted BlackBerry directly and they said it was highlighted as a bug.
    I assume they mean to fix it in later updates.

Z10 until Z30
    Good! If it's highlighted as a bug, they'll push out a fix sooner or later. For me it's a nice-to-have feature, not a must-have so I am not getting frustrated or anything yet. I can wait for a bug fix.
    05-09-14 12:16 AM
    This happens when I use Glympse also. It happens every time, I wonder how Glympse every passed testing.

For me Glympse don't work at all, I can't use it.
    05-10-14 12:25 PM
    So strange though; my wife and I have the same phone (Q10) and the same software, and yet mine updates regularly and hers doesn't.

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall BBM and see if it does the trick.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 01:05 PM
    Fwiw, the beta adds some text when you glympse that says

"keep bbm open while sharing"

Since doing this on both ends, no freezing.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    05-13-14 07:09 PM
    Both ends need to keep BBM open. Not even in active frame. But in foreground. I'm sure that future updates will allow it to be headless. I use it almost every day on my way home from work. I keep it open and my wife can 'watch' me drive home. Funny thing is I usually get a phone call about 60 seconds from passing up the grocery store.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10.
    05-14-14 10:50 AM
    Both ends need to keep BBM open. Not even in active frame. But in foreground. I'm sure that future updates will allow it to be headless. I use it almost every day on my way home from work. I keep it open and my wife can 'watch' me drive home. Funny thing is I usually get a phone call about 60 seconds from passing up the grocery store.

That's the sad thing... Why does it not update in the background on blackberrys when it does on Android & iOS?! Sloppy implementation on blackberry's part!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    05-15-14 05:47 PM
    That's the sad thing... Why does it not update in the background on blackberrys when it does on Android & iOS?! Sloppy implementation on blackberry's part!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    Good question. It's just the only way I have found that Glympse can be accurate within seconds. I have good vibes about 10.3.1. I'm concerned about AT&T taking forever again. I don't like using leaks. But might have to this time.

05-15-14 11:35 PM