Just wanted to share a little story with you guys. So was going to friends house for the first time. They had just moved, He gave me the address. but I am very unfamiliar with that part of town. So anyway it's about a 2 hour drive from my house to his new house. He just got a q10, I thought I would share my location so he knew when I would arrive. With being unfamiliar with area I turned down wrong street. He called me and was like you are heading the wrong way. Lol he gave me turn by turn instructions till I reached his house!!!! Brilliant idea blackberry

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 10:16 AM
    Yep it's a pretty amazing feature. Like BB10 itself, I don't think most people have ever tried it...
    silversmith75 likes this.
    04-25-14 10:18 AM
    I love it! It's my favourite BBM feature. It's so easy to wow people with it. They don't even have to own a BlackBerry to see how awesome BlackBerry is.. they just need BBM.
    chuckwalla and silversmith75 like this.
    04-25-14 10:22 AM
    I agree, great feature. When I pick up someone at their house, I just send a message that I'm on my way, with a glympse link attached. So they can always check when I'm arriving and I don't have to send status messages.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SunshineStateFlyer; 04-25-14 at 01:14 PM.
    04-25-14 10:27 AM
    I hope glympse could also show my own location, not only the one who send it. So I can directly get the direction to go to the one who send it.

Posted via CB10
    TioPepe78 likes this.
    04-25-14 10:40 AM
    Where's this glympse feature and how do you use it?
    04-25-14 10:55 AM
    Where's this glympse feature and how do you use it?
    When in a bbm chat hit the paperclip icon, then the "G" looking icon and voila.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    blueyestm and Rafael Angeles like this.
    04-25-14 12:21 PM
    I use it whenever I'm going out with my friends so that they'll know when I'll be at there house and can be ready to go. I've used it a few times with my fiancée as well to let her know when I'll be home after a night out with the boys lol
    04-25-14 12:26 PM
    I really like Glympse. On Wednesday my niece had car trouble on the way back from college, I had to go rescue her. Her mother is a worrywart. So I shared Glympse with both of them. My sister knew I was not dead in a ditch and my niece knew how long till I got to her. So very handy.

Only trouble I had was that my sister said the map froze on my way home. I've had this happen a couple of times. They need to sort out its reliability. But aside from that, it's a fantastic app and I like it very much.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 12:34 PM
    I hope glympse could also show my own location, not only the one who send it. So I can directly get the direction to go to the one who send it.

Posted via CB10
    It does, when you get close enough to the person who you sent it to, you show up as a grey icon (they are blue I believe) Not sure what happens with more than two people on the map.. I will test for fun

Just remember to have the right level of zoom (pinch or stretch). When you are far away you can zoom out, close zoom in.
    04-25-14 12:51 PM
    I love it. For people who are late to everything (me lol) being able to send a Glympse is wonderful. Take the guesswork out of k owing when I'll arrive or if I'm even on the way haha

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 12:59 PM
    Just wanted to share a little story with you guys. So was going to friends house for the first time. They had just moved, He gave me the address. but I am very unfamiliar with that part of town. So anyway it's about a 2 hour drive from my house to his new house. He just got a q10, I thought I would share my location so he knew when I would arrive. With being unfamiliar with area I turned down wrong street. He called me and was like you are heading the wrong way. Lol he gave me turn by turn instructions till I reached his house!!!! Brilliant idea blackberry

Posted via CB10
    Surely you mean good idea Glympse Inc not BlackBerry

#believeinfilm
    04-25-14 01:03 PM
    BlackBerry maps, not supported in India!!... Neither does Glympse work!!... Sad!!... one of the largest loyal fan base and still no initiative!!... Just Sad!!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 01:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can they can reply to glimpse. And it will show map with both locations. And mph. Really cool

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 04-26-14 at 12:44 AM.
    04-25-14 02:15 PM
    Surely you mean good idea Glympse Inc not BlackBerry

#believeinfilm
    Glympse itself is useful but bbm gives it the platform to boom

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    04-25-14 09:53 PM
    It does, when you get close enough to the person who you sent it to, you show up as a grey icon (they are blue I believe) Not sure what happens with more than two people on the map.. I will test for fun

Just remember to have the right level of zoom (pinch or stretch). When you are far away you can zoom out, close zoom in.
    You can they can reply to glimpse. And it will show map with both locations. And mph. Really cool

Posted via CB10
    Owh.. I didn't know that.. I'll try next time.. thx crackberry nation...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 03:05 AM
    I just learned something new! Can't wait to try it!!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 06:04 PM
    I just tried glimpse for the first time, yesterday & continued to play with it today.... wow!!
    My friend was coming over to pick me up & I saw she stopped at Timmies so I just sent her a
    msg 'small with milk pls'. That totally knocked her socks off because she was about to ask me what I wanted, lol. I could actually view the marker making its way around the building at the drive thru. Incredible! WHEN BlackBerry goes full throttle on the consumer marketing (which will happen eventually) this feature should be front & center!

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    05-30-14 05:36 PM