Attachment 214275

Posted via CB10
    Mulity Party Chat = Yes
    Permanent Groups = No

Both wrong for Whatsapp
    10-26-13 07:13 AM
    Not everyone uses their phone to organize riots or airplay hijacks.

Some people couldn't give two craps about security, I don't.

BBM isn't all that much more secure, anyways, seeing as how the Public Key to decrypt it has been widely known by anyone who cares about that stuff for years now...
    Could you emphasize, with your obviously impressive crypto skills, how to do that. Because last I checked it is still secure. When you have a few governments in the middle east who threatened to shutdown Blackberry because they couldn't spy on the people they were hoping to crackdown they should have had a guy like you with the key.

Slightly mytomaniac about technical expertise aren't we?
    BBPandy likes this.
    10-26-13 07:15 AM
    Attachment 214275

Posted via CB10
    So all the BBM features are available on Android version?
    10-26-13 07:20 AM
    All the ones in that pic

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 07:25 AM
    I really don't understand the complaints about the waiting list. If something's good, it won't matter that you had to wait. If something's terrible, it won't matter than you got it instantaneously.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 07:27 AM
    Try BBM next year instead of waiting a day or two for the invite....hmm.

Also, every one can tell you what's so amazing about it, but you'd have to experience it for yourself. It's just good.

Add people you talk to A LOT and see what it's like having a conversation on BBM vs any other chat app. Then make your decision to keep using it or not.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 07:41 AM
    Try BBM next year instead of waiting a day or two for the invite....hmm.

Also, every one can tell you what's so amazing about it, but you'd have to experience it for yourself. It's just good.

Add people you talk to A LOT and see what it's like having a conversation on BBM vs any other chat app. Then make your decision to keep using it or not.

Posted via CB10
    I'll be honest here but one on one conversations i doubt are much better than any other platform, infact they are probably easier as the likes of whatsapp and viber search your phone book and show you who is using it so no need for a pin entry.

The reason im using and enjoying it is the groups, im only in two groups so far with randoms and it has turned my phone into a mini forum which i think is brilliant! That alone is a stand out feature worth keeping it on the phone.
    10-26-13 08:22 PM
    Could you emphasize, with your obviously impressive crypto skills, how to do that. Because last I checked it is still secure. When you have a few governments in the middle east who threatened to shutdown Blackberry because they couldn't spy on the people they were hoping to crackdown they should have had a guy like you with the key.

Slightly mytomaniac about technical expertise aren't we?
    I thought that was for BES?
    10-26-13 10:45 PM
    Btw, numbers released showed that most people waited so long because they never got an email. "Spam blockers" on high alert. When millions of emails are coming through to a single email server they start blocking everything from that sender. That's why there was supposedly a trick to "force close the app and log back in and it bypasses the line". You never really bypassed the line, you just were at the front already without getting your email.

Sent from my iPhone 5s, Z10, or Q10 on Verizon from Philly.
    10-26-13 10:59 PM
    Btw, numbers released showed that most people waited so long because they never got an email. "Spam blockers" on high alert. When millions of emails are coming through to a single email server they start blocking everything from that sender. That's why there was supposedly a trick to "force close the app and log back in and it bypasses the line". You never really bypassed the line, you just were at the front already without getting your email.

That makes sense.
    10-26-13 11:03 PM
    Nobody forced you to switch, OP. Use what you want, thank you.
    10-26-13 11:16 PM
    Attachment 214275

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I'll repost this to my Facebook. Might persuade my friends into downloading BBM to try it. Even though the Android version might not have all these functions yet, at least they'll have it on their phone and hopefully get hooked ^^
    southlander likes this.
    10-27-13 05:08 AM
    There's no line anymore

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 05:45 AM
    Thanks, I'll repost this to my Facebook. Might persuade my friends into downloading BBM to try it. Even though the Android version might not have all these functions yet, at least they'll have it on their phone and hopefully get hooked ^^
    Too bad a lot of that information is wrong.
    10-27-13 08:33 AM
    I'll be honest here but one on one conversations i doubt are much better than any other platform, infact they are probably easier as the likes of whatsapp and viber search your phone book and show you who is using it so no need for a pin entry.

The reason im using and enjoying it is the groups, im only in two groups so far with randoms and it has turned my phone into a mini forum which i think is brilliant! That alone is a stand out feature worth keeping it on the phone.
    actually, one on one conversations are actually better on BBM, because of the 'R' and 'D'.
    10-27-13 10:19 AM
    Too bad a lot of that information is wrong.
    I don't use Viber so I can't judge that. I've noticed only two mistakes, which ones are also wrong?
    10-27-13 10:29 AM
    I don't use Viber so I can't judge that. I've noticed only two mistakes, which ones are also wrong?
    A lot of features not available cross platform and there are other errors. The chart is also built to omit features from other apps which are not in BBM. It's basically a worthless comparison.

Share other files, but no mention of the 6MB limit which makes it useless for a lot of file types is one obvious example. Skype has no such limit by comparison.

Skype has Address book integration on Androids. It integrates with the people app...

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-27-13 10:32 AM
    A lot of features not available cross platform and there are other errors. The chart is also built to omit features from other apps which are not in BBM. It's basically a worthless comparison.

Share other files, but no mention of the 6MB limit which makes it useless for a lot of file types is one obvious example. Skype has no such limit by comparison.

Skype has Address book integration on Androids. It integrates with the people app...

I must have never had any files over 6 mb because I didn't know this.

And yes, I know that the cross platform BBM app doesn't have all these futures yet, but we all know they're coming. And channels isn't even included in this comparison, when that's officially out and cross platform, BBM might get huge.
    10-27-13 10:36 AM
    I must have never had any files over 6 mb because I didn't know this.

And yes, I know that the cross platform BBM app doesn't have all these futures yet, but we all know they're coming. And channels isn't even included in this comparison, when that's officially out and cross platform, BBM might get huge.
    Coming and supported are two different things.

5 seconds of a 720p video is > 6MB. One PDF or PPTX can overrun that. One MP3 can easily overrun that. A high quality/resolution Tiff or Bitmap file can overrun that.

That chart is garbage. You can do what you want with it.

10-27-13 10:49 AM
    My friends all seem to like it. They are all on Android. No complaints thus far. Other than my brother telling me the "R" notification is a violation of his privacy. Heh.
    10-27-13 11:02 AM

Yep. I was telling everyone just keep trying to use it and eventually it will allow you in. I think some folks were under the wrong impression there was a "click to activate" link in the email.
    10-27-13 11:07 AM
    If you're on this forum you should know how to use a search engine. Keep rolling them eyes, though. Might see the light somewhere in the space at the back of your head.

Your a mouthy one aren't ya. There's no need to insult him.Every post is negative and a insult to people's intelligence. Post your proof then. Show us those keys you know how to hack.

OK excuse as to why you can't in three.....two...one....

You wouldn't know good if it bit you in the...!
    10-27-13 11:10 AM
    I'm less mouthy than BB users are bitter ;-)

10-27-13 11:13 AM

To each their own. I've always thought the PIN sharing is cool. Everyone I've ever invited to BBM linked up fine, techies and non-techies alike. But yeah the whatsapp method is certainly easier.

You know, groups is something I have yet to ever use. I know a lot of folks have fun with it. I think the cross platform release makes it a much much bigger deal. Obviously.
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    10-27-13 11:14 AM
    What's app works fine for me. I just wanted to try BBM and see what's so amazing about it but for all the waiting ill just stick with what's app or just try BBM again next year. But can someone please tell me what's sooo amazing about BBM ? First week or two on Google play and
    5 000 000 + downloads. There must be something amazing about it.
    Part of it is just the brand familiarity. It's something people remember. I was at dinner yesterday with a friend who uses an Android phone. He saw BBM (by BlackBerry) at the top of the Play store and knowing I like BB asked about it. He said what's BBM? Then unexpectedly another person at the table with us, an iPhone user, piped up and said "BlackBerry Messenger...". This fellow had had a BB at one time and still remembered BBM. Fondly.

So I think the name resonates. People are trying it out on their devices.

To me there's nothing "amazing" about it or any other messaging app, or social app for that matter. I just like the utility of it and I am used to it.
    10-27-13 11:22 AM
66 123