What's app works fine for me. I just wanted to try BBM and see what's so amazing about it but for all the waiting ill just stick with what's app or just try BBM again next year. But can someone please tell me what's sooo amazing about BBM ? First week or two on Google play and
    5 000 000 + downloads. There must be something amazing about it.
    10-25-13 01:42 AM
    To put this a little in perspective, and I know a lot of people around here are amazed at the numbers, but Android activates over a million devices a day. These numbers are chicken feed on Android and iOS. There are over 350m active monthly users of WhatsApp. But yes, to Blackberry, they are amaaazing. In a couple of weeks, once the dust settles lets see how many are still using BBM. Otherwise the figures will be like other Blackberry stats (like shipped and not sold) - a little rubbery.
    10-25-13 01:50 AM
    in addition to BBM being permanently free vs whatsapp's $1/year charge? try this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...others-865260/

theres always that one friend who is not willing to pay that $1 and so you have to text/fb him/her individually. or you are just stubborn like my idiotic friends with iphones and think that you dont want it because everyone is getting it. well news flash for them, they are holding an iphone!
    10-25-13 02:04 AM
    BBM has loads of features. D for delivered to device R for read by recipient. PIN is used to link up and not phone numbers. Lots of other cool stuff like group chats, BBM Channels, BBM Voice, BBM Video (all on BB10 and coming to other platforms).

Plus there is the pedigree of it being the first app of its kind. Nostalgia. Etc.

Throw in the fact that your data in BBM is being handled by a company that puts security first.

Lots to like.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-25-13 02:10 AM
    And this is why I'd rather do without than to use Whatsapp

WhatsApp Unsafe! World’s Most Popular Un-secure Messaging App | Gryphn
    10-25-13 02:30 AM
    What's app works fine for me. I just wanted to try BBM and see what's so amazing about it but for all the waiting ill just stick with what's app or just try BBM again next year. But can someone please tell me what's sooo amazing about BBM ? First week or two on Google play and
    The waiting list is not that huge.. my friends waited max 24 hours.
    By the way, it's not 5mil downloads first week or two, it's more than 10 million downloads first two days..

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    10-25-13 05:28 AM
    The waiting list is not that huge.. my friends waited max 24 hours.
    By the way, it's not 5mil downloads first week or two, it's more than 10 million downloads first two days..

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    Actually...it was 10 million in the first 24 hours!

Some people will find any excuse to come here and bash BlackBerry. Smh @ the OP

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    curvezzz likes this.
    10-25-13 05:34 AM
    And this is why I'd rather do without than to use Whatsapp

WhatsApp Unsafe! World’s Most Popular Un-secure Messaging App | Gryphn
    Not everyone uses their phone to organize riots or airplay hijacks.

Some people couldn't give two craps about security, I don't.

BBM isn't all that much more secure, anyways, seeing as how the Public Key to decrypt it has been widely known by anyone who cares about that stuff for years now...
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-25-13 10:58 AM
    Whatsapp steals all your contact info

BlackBerry since 2006. Z10 Rogers 10.2. Halifax, NS.
    Sarguna Seelan likes this.
    10-25-13 11:10 AM

BBM isn't all that much more secure, anyways, seeing as how the Public Key to decrypt it has been widely known by anyone who cares about that stuff for years now...
    Really where at?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using CB Forums mobile app
    10-25-13 11:44 AM
    Actually...it was 10 million in the first 24 hours!

Some people will find any excuse to come here and bash BlackBerry. Smh @ the OP

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    Actually it's reportedly over 21 million now...
    10-25-13 11:48 AM
    Really where at?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using CB Forums mobile app
    If you're on this forum you should know how to use a search engine. Keep rolling them eyes, though. Might see the light somewhere in the space at the back of your head.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-25-13 12:00 PM
    I think basically what's the best way to describe BBM to someone finding it lackluster is this: It's faster, smoother and more reliable than a text message. That's it's most basic beauty.

The downsides are the waiting list and being willing to add pins. Some people really don't like having to add pins. Me, I prefer it. Some people I just don't want to communicate with easily. They can just text me. I might reply to those one day. Or just lie about never receiving the message.

Posted via CB10
    Keith Atkinson1 likes this.
    10-25-13 12:32 PM
    Forget it, massive waiting list...ill stick with what's app thanks-9e631cb4-3cc0-11e3-8801-22000a1df68e-large.png

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 05:09 PM
    PINs are a must. They apart of the intimate feel of Bbm.

I don't want everyone on my Bbm contacts list. They are already on fb. I would like it to stay that way.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    10-25-13 09:03 PM
    There is no comparison. BBM is way better. I say that after 3 years of using what's app and talk/Google hangouts. BBM will be my main communication app in the foreseeable future. Miss the heck out of it honestly.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    10-25-13 09:40 PM
    You don't have to wait if you don't want to. It is really just there to control the amount of users signing up. So instead of strictly regional roll outs they added in the wait so that their servers didn't burn to the ground. 10 million is a lot in 24 hours. Those are different servers and were never made to take that kind of abuse. The initial (failed) rollout of BBM some people had server issues when signing into their BBID, myself included. That was the clue that the BBID servers that handled the new BBID and PIN generation were being overloaded. Well it's still speculation but it makes sense. So to take control of the situation people needed to wait until it was their turn to sign up. Wasn't it 50,000 every hour or something like that? Anyway, instead of waiting for next year. Wait for next week and give it a try. Or download it again whenever you get your email. Try it if you know people who use it. If not then stick with what works for you.
    10-25-13 09:51 PM
    I have always loved BBM. I can't think of any other IM app I rather use
    10-25-13 09:52 PM
    I bought my mom a new Android phone yesterday. From download to active use of BBM was less than 2 hours!

This is a lot quicker than the first Android BBM users I know of. I take my hat off to the BBM team, they seem to be really making things happen for BBM.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    10-25-13 11:21 PM

Keep drinking the haterade.

Posted from my RIM 850 wireless handheld
    grover5 likes this.
    10-26-13 03:04 AM
    I have to disagree. One only understands the true value of privacy and security after one has lost them.

In public key cryptography, public keys are used for encryption, and private keys are used for decryption. So, "Public Key to decrypt it" does not make mathematical sense to me. Could you explain what you meant?

BBQ10
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 10-26-13 at 08:27 PM.
    10-26-13 03:18 AM
    Cool, enjoy...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 03:18 AM
    You don't have to wait if you don't want to. It is really just there to control the amount of users signing up. So instead of strictly regional roll outs they added in the wait so that their servers didn't burn to the ground. 10 million is a lot in 24 hours. Those are different servers and were never made to take that kind of abuse. The initial (failed) rollout of BBM some people had server issues when signing into their BBID, myself included. That was the clue that the BBID servers that handled the new BBID and PIN generation were being overloaded. Well it's still speculation but it makes sense. So to take control of the situation people needed to wait until it was their turn to sign up. Wasn't it 50,000 every hour or something like that? Anyway, instead of waiting for next year. Wait for next week and give it a try. Or download it again whenever you get your email. Try it if you know people who use it. If not then stick with what works for you.
    Not 50,000 an hour, 500,000
    You missed a 0

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-26-13 04:56 AM
    Waiting list is only a couple of hours now. My boyfriend finally downloaded it and only had to wait for 2 hours.
    10-26-13 05:27 AM
    That's where I was going, but I was going to give this link:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=what...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Apart from their own site, everything is negative.
    10-26-13 06:48 AM
66 123