Sorry I don't add much more about the article but I'm not expert, hope is not a novelty thing and the stream stays steady.

BlackBerry Gets Surprisingly Hot Early Sales With BBM Stickers - Forbes
    AnimalPak200, jope28 and bluetroll like this.
    04-03-14 03:06 PM
    Sound very positive for some markets....
    04-03-14 03:13 PM
    They have to keep releasing stickers! If they put out a pack a week and license some big names they will kick ***!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:15 PM
    As expected, it's taking off in markets known to love using stickers.
    I don't think this will be a big money maker but it is a fun thing. Nice way of attracting people to the platform. It has also been done in a very unintrusive way.
    They need to add more packs, sports themed, car-brand themed, food-themed, that type of thing.
    04-03-14 03:17 PM
    I don't think this will be a big money maker but it is a fun thing. Nice way of attracting people to the platform. It has also been done in a very unintrusive way.
    Doesn't need to be a big money maker, it just needs to be interesting. However, stickers in some regions are a billion dollar business yearly.
    dietertong and eldricho like this.
    04-03-14 03:21 PM
    In my opinion, two dollars is pretty steep for such a small pack of stickers. I would pay 1.50 usd tops. I can't explain why that fifty cents is keeping me from purchasing them.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:37 PM
    Tight sphincter, my guess.

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    04-03-14 03:38 PM
    It also worth noting that this is also leading to increased downloads of BBM. It has shot back up to the top 50 app downloads in the
    UK, Canada and India good news keep the momentum going!
    04-03-14 03:40 PM
    Let's get make your own stickers, brand stickers like Starbucks if they approve, professional stickers for your business BBM

Z30 : posted via CB10 app
    04-03-14 09:56 PM
    As expected, it's taking off in markets known to love using stickers.
    But no one uses stickers...

Lol, people just hate with no information at all

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 10:55 PM
    I actually think that it has lots of potentials. Compagnies can pay BlackBerry to have featured stickers to promote a movie or an event. Sort of like what they do on Facebook

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:04 PM
    Personally? Trix are for kids and so are stickers! I can't imagine any CEO using stickers! Is this all Chen can come up with? I really don't think this is what BlackBerry users need but then again, who knows? I just know that BlackBerry could spend their creative juices on something more valuable to save the BlackBerry like finishing bb10 or putting out bb12 or getting the latest leak to become official or getting the latest official in the hands of US customers or well I could go on and on

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    04-03-14 11:33 PM
    Wow, that's amazing, Bla1ze. When I first heard about stickers a few weeks ago, I couldn't even imagine what they were for. Maybe it's because on a Q10, there isn't much real estate in a BBM chat for slapping cartoons all over it. It seems like the novelty would wear off really fast, but hey, if this is what it takes to sell phones, ok, bring on the stickers. (This from someone who has exactly 3 BBM contacts, haha.)
    However, stickers in some regions are a billion dollar business yearly.
    jope28 likes this.
    04-03-14 11:35 PM
    Personally? Trix are for kids and so are stickers! I can't imagine any CEO using stickers! Is this all Chen can come up with? I really don't think this is what BlackBerry users need but then again, who knows? I just know that BlackBerry could spend their creative juices on something more valuable to save the BlackBerry like finishing bb10 or putting out bb12 or getting the latest leak to become official or getting the latest official in the hands of US customers or well I could go on and on

Remember that BBM is supposed to compete in the regular IM market for consumers too, they need stuff to pull in users (and the same time also try to make some money). I agree, I'm no big fan of stickers either, but it's something they need now that they are competing cross platform against the bigger guys.
    Stickers aren't there for CEO's, they're going to be used by teens in particulary the Asian market, where stickers are mostly used. Several of the most used IM's that the Asian market uses have put out stickers for their users and seeing as BBM is also pretty big-ish in that market, it would've been foolish if they ignored it and again started shedding market share, for their cross platform app this time. For the first time after a long period of lateness, they have finally been 'on time' for something again.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:47 PM

No cr�ation required, users make their own stickers, corporation can make their own stickers for promotion, I can make a personal professional stickers if I use them or accept them who cares and I pay BBM BlackBerry ! JC and BlackBerry count the cash !

04-04-14 03:21 AM
    No cr�ation required by BlackBerry. Designers create the stickers, corporation can create a brand sticker, you can create your own personal sticker. I f use them my choice and BlackBerry counts the cash

04-04-14 03:26 AM
    I bought stickers. I love them and it's a big cool for BBM.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 05:46 AM
    I am a business owner. I need this sticker to be sent to my staff from time to time.

Forbes article about BBM Stickers-kiss_1377586082.png

? BBM channeling at C003910CB (Tiger Daddy)
    04-04-14 07:00 AM

We all have a kid inside us LOL.

Seriously, I also think this is something apart from the Business Image of BBRY but in the status that the company is right now any thing that makes money is good, even if is not quite "prosumer" kind of thing. I guess BBRY is working the consumer market like an app in the background, without noise, without publicity, pouring little seeds to see if someone grows somewhere, been this a thing asian and african markets like and growing not mature markets where they can seed this seems like a nice attempt to grow in those markets, this plus the Z3 could make a good thing in the mid term for BBRY.
    Ragbert likes this.
    04-04-14 07:38 PM
    Anyone notice that BBM has made it to the top of the top grosing apps just passing MLB? What that means in $ is to be determined

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:34 AM
    Anyone notice that BBM has made it to the top of the top grosing apps just passing MLB? What that means in $ is to be determined

Posted via CB10

Do you have the link

04-06-14 06:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Considering that the MLB app is $16 that is really big.
    8 people would need to buy a sticker set to equal one download of MLB... and we all know how crazy some MLB fans are

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 07:29 PM