And that is why whatsapp will continue to beat BBM by a wide margin even though it is far superior interface...All my contacts are my Whatsapp contact by default while BBM PIN is making it impossible to find them...what's the plan here Blackberry ?

Posted via CB10
    Keep on trolling OP.
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-20-13 06:26 PM
    My bbm is for those I want as contacts. Whatsapp adds all via my phone book. If I want the contact, I invite. Also, there are times when I don't want said contact to have my phone number so the pin is far more private and convenient. As for whatsapps number of downloads, like you mentioned earlier, well it's been out for years, not a month. Nice to see the folks over at whatsapp see this as a threat and are willing to drop by the crackberry forums to voice their opinions

Posted via CB10
    geoffsdad, bungaboy and gfondeur like this.
    11-20-13 06:39 PM
    Man some of ya'll are harsh. If the OP is truly just asking for an easier way to find BBM contacts then I see nothing wrong with that. It's been stated many times by many people that BlackBerry needs to implement something to help people find contacts. I think allowing people to send a email, or text is a great start but it's definitely a area where they can improve but people have to understand that BBM had never worked from phone numbers so Whatsapp will always have that advantage if that's how u want to look at it

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 06:41 PM
    The OP should have known people on Crackberry are extremely biased and will paint a grey sky blue. BBM is certainly a great messaging platform just like Whatsapp, etc etc. Non of my 149 friends I have sent invites too installed BBM nor did anybody sent me a request.

As for security. Again, people on here are extremely narrow minded. Before Blackberries, iPhone's or Androids nobody was concerned about giving out phones numbers. Whatsapp took advantage of this and it shows in the install base.

I like competition. I like that BBM is cross-platform and hope it will do well but I don't understand why a lot of crackberry users are constantly negative and have hatred towards other platforms.
    11-20-13 07:08 PM
    Thank GOD!

I specifically don't want people to be able to reach out to me that way. I use my what app for specific friends overseas. If prefer selectivity.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-20-13 07:11 PM
    Man some of ya'll are harsh. If the OP is truly just asking for an easier way to find BBM contacts then I see nothing wrong with that. It's been stated many times by many people that BlackBerry needs to implement something to help people find contacts. I think allowing people to send a email, or text is a great start but it's definitely a area where they can improve but people have to understand that BBM had never worked from phone numbers so Whatsapp will always have that advantage if that's how u want to look at it

Posted via CB10
    That's my point...I want BBM to succeed and overtake Whatsapp but I see this approach of having PIN as a big disadvantage to them.
    I want to put it out there so that at least people are thinking or talking
    about it.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:24 PM
    When you get older (wiser) you will appreciate the intent behind "invite only" contacts.

BBM is hardly difficult to use, or connect to someone you want to communicate with.

BB until it is not CDN
    bungaboy and gfondeur like this.
    11-20-13 07:35 PM
    Who goes around asking for pins???

If you think no one does
    You probably don't use twitter, or fb..or ig...

Which probably means your phone # is the only means of contact for you, in which Sense yes whatsapl is perfect for you..since you give your phone # out like crazy???

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:41 PM
    When you get older (wiser) you will appreciate the intent behind "invite only" contacts.

BBM is hardly difficult to use, or connect to someone you want to communicate with.

BB until it is not CDN
    So BBM is for only for older people
    Give people options...wiser people can choose PIN and rest can choose auto connect by phone number.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:53 PM
    The OP raises an excellent and completely valid argument. As usual, people in here will trash the idea that there is any need to address the masses as successfully as possible, but that sort of thinking is the reason that BlackBerry are in trouble. I don't want BBM to be like WhatsApp, but it does need to be much easier to add contacts, and for usage to spread virally. It really is rather difficult now, and I hope BlackBerry are thinking of ways to make this a bit easier.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 05:02 AM
    My bbm are for elite people that are important in my life and my social style, WhatsApp in the other hand u have 800 + contact( my case) that u never talk to, that's why I deleted it.

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    This is such a great example of the foolish thinking that BlackBerry people shown for a while now, despite all the evidence that this sort of thinking in a disaster. 'for elite people'. Give me a break. Your own post, admits that you have far more WhatsApp contacts, which is not quite the picture of success BlackBerry are looking for with BBM.

BlackBerry, and it's real supporters need to stop chopping society up into those 'elite' people who love BlackBerry, and those masses and masses or idiots, or little girls, or whoever else who have left for other things.

I hope BlackBerry figure this out.

Posted via CB10
    Bsbudd likes this.
    11-21-13 05:06 AM
    BB until it is not CDN
    ^ this it's the word, "wiser" too bad we don't have too many around,

The OP raises an excellent and completely valid argument. As usual, people in here will trash the idea that there is any need to address the masses as successfully as possible, but that sort of thinking is the reason that BlackBerry are in trouble. I don't want BBM to be like WhatsApp, but it does need to be much easier to add contacts, and for usage to spread virally. It really is rather difficult now, and I hope BlackBerry are thinking of ways to make this a bit easier.
    Posted via CB10
    when you get more of 20 post you can talk, before that keep playing candy crush,

edit: like me and many said before, BB and everything around BB it's not for the masses,
    nico2004 likes this.
    11-21-13 11:33 AM
    I don't get it, before you add someone to your phonebook contacts don't you still have to ask them for their #?? And its much more work to go to contacts and add a contact than it is to ask someone for their pin go to invite and send them an invite

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-21-13 12:16 PM
    ^ this it's the word, "wiser" too bad we don't have too many around,

when you get more of 20 post you can talk, before that keep playing candy crush,

edit: like me and many said before, BB and everything around BB it's not for the masses,
    What happens when I get more than 20 posts? I've got hundreds or so; I just happen to have opened a new account, but what a silly comment. I suppose you believe that the more stupid ideas and comments you post the more valid they are?

I've never played Candy Crush in my life, mainly because I wouldn't be interested, but also because you've chosen one of the many popular apps that aren't available for my Z10 lol.

Does BBM4ALL actually mean BBM for the super cool and elite with more than 20 posts?

Can you even explain yourself? Exactly why do you say that BlackBerry is not for the masses? What do you mean by that? BlackBerry used to be the fastest growing company in the world lol

Are you looking to be part of a cult, or are you interested in seeing BlackBerry around in year's time?

This forum is full of absolute dreamers lol

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:20 PM
    What is the purpose here to be a worldwide No 1 platform or again become a niche player in messaging platform...BlackBerry is on path to later with exclusive PIN thing.

Other than teenagers in campuses no one goes around asking for PIN'S...You just cannot successed with this narrow approach other than in few countries and with some privacy crazy people.

Posted via CB10
    Actually posting a PIN on a profile is kind of trendy now. No one post their phone number on Instagram but do a search for #bbm on Instagram and look at how many results you get

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 223054
    11-21-13 12:28 PM
    Actually posting a PIN on a profile is kind of trendy now. No one post their phone number on Instagram but do a search for #bbm on Instagram and look at how many results you get

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 223054
    That's a great point. I suppose BBM can benefit from Instagram and Facebook in that way, even if things could still be easier. I still think that in order for BBM to really take off, we need to see audio and video and screenshare go cross platform asap, and we need to see a damn wallpaper setting already so that it is the best looking app as well as the most efficient.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:42 PM
    Kind of left field...I think it would be cool if you could comment on articles via bbm...

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    Rello likes this.
    11-21-13 01:45 PM
    Kind of left field...I think it would be cool if you could comment on articles via bbm...

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    I think a feature like that could really set it apart from other messaging services. Almost like a disqus alternative

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 05:32 PM
    I think a feature like that could really set it apart from other messaging services. Almost like a disqus alternative

Posted via CB10
    Yezzir...

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Rello likes this.
    11-21-13 05:42 PM
    I don't know if this can be implimented on iOS and Android, but on BB10 if you have the other persons email address (their BBID), and they have the app on their phone, the other person will appear in "Suggested" section if BBM invites.
    Totally agree. Wonder if it could be implemented in ios and android just like we have on blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by diogoteixeira87; 11-22-13 at 06:28 AM.
    11-21-13 07:12 PM
    Ya, load of crap. A huge advantage of BBM is the PIN system... you can give a PIN to someone safely, as opposed to your phone number as in Whatsapp. Ever meet a girl in a bar? Oh.. wait... you're posting on Crackberry... of course you've never met a girl in a bar..

Nyuk nyuk

Posted with my shiny new Z30
    gfondeur likes this.
    11-21-13 07:17 PM
    Can't agree with your opinion. I really like the pin stuff. More possibilities just like ipad and Ipod now. I'm sure BlackBerry is coming even stronger with bbm in the next weeks...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 07:21 PM
    I'm not sure that the OP has suggested that BBM get rid of its pin system - have I missed something? I think he is simply saying that there should have an easier way for the average person to quickly share and find the pins of others. The pin system is definitely better, but he is clearly right in stating that it's easier to exponentially extend your contact list with WhatsApp. Because BBM requires one to sign up for a BlackBerry ID, it is always going to be a little bit slower to catch on with the masses, but so long as the quality is there in every area, it will eefinitely catch on. Again, I agree with the OP in saying that perhaps BlackBerry could find a way to make pin sharing a tiny bit better.

Perhaps BBM could also link to phone contacts in a mobile and offer a quick, one-push option for sending that person a text invite or something similar?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 01:14 AM
    That's what people said when iPhone was taking over the world that BlackBerry is for elite.
    This a winner takes all game like Facebook, Twitter or Linked in...No place for second
    Exactly , no place for second ,that's why a deleted whatsapp, because blackberry is a winner like, facebook, twitter or linkedIn.
    Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 06:23 AM
    I can't see the way you find or add people to your list as the main reason of this or that app being successful. The point here is that, talking about cross platform, WhatsApp was the first bringing it to the game. So here is their point and the reason why they're leaders. Believe me: if BBM was the first bringing cross platform to the game, pins would be the most used way to add people and everybody would love it. Think: why is os hard to add pins anyway? Don't you had to share your phone number once so today you could have the WhatsApp friend? But, of course, making the work easier is always good, like the suggested feature that we have in bbm on BlackBerry. In my opinion, they should bring that to ios and android too. So, the crucial point here is add value to the app in a long run to bring old people back and new people to BBM too.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 06:36 AM
57 123