I'm probably being a bit dim here, but I thought there was a facility that showed which people in your existing contacts list had BBM, and who you could then invite them.

I'm not sure if this was a feature of BBM itself or the contacts app - but I can't find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
    02-13-15 04:52 AM
    little more info would help ......
    02-13-15 05:23 AM
    I'm not really sure what more I can add, TBH.

On several occasions in the past, I swiped right and found a list of two or three existing contacts who I'd connected to via email, but who were listed as being potential BBM contacts, too.

But I can't remember if this was a feature within BBM, within Contacts, or somewhere else (although I can't think why it would be anywhere else).

And now I can't find it.

If this doesn't make any more sense to you, you probably never came across this feature. I'm fairly sure that anyone who's seen it will recognise what I'm talking about.

Thanks.
    02-13-15 05:33 AM
    I can't find it either. Used to have it in the past. Has made connecting with people that have BBM much more difficult
    02-20-15 12:15 PM
    I guess the main feature for most people here is to make it very very difficult to find your friends who are on BBM.

The reason I'm saying this is because we only want to use the email addresses that you have stored in your phone to see if your contact has used that particular email to register a BBM ID. I have 4 email accounts & only my contacts who knows & keep that email address in their phone will be informed that I also have BBM. The rest of my friends & family needs to be informed personally or face to face.

Don't bother about inviting friends via SMS it doesn't work. Coz it only ask them to download BBM & you are not automatically added to their contact list. By the time you meet up with them to explain it to them they would have already deleted BBM & refuse to ever look at it again so that they will insist you use WhatsApp, Line, WeChat or Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:47 AM
    I know exactly what you mean Snake. I'm looking for the same exact answer. I swear, I've seen that feature before. Not sure if it was when I first set up BBM but I would love to be able to see who of my contacts are using BBM already.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 09:10 PM
    Open BBM, tap the bottom-left corner to bring out the other screens within BBM, then tap on Invites.
    03-02-15 10:16 PM
    Open BBM, tap the bottom-left corner to bring out the other screens within BBM, then tap on Invites.
    That simply enables you to invite other people to install BBM.

The feature I'm talking about was one that showed you which of your contacts already had BBM installed.
    03-03-15 03:16 AM
    Sorry, I thought that's what it was showing you.
    03-03-15 09:53 AM
    No, don't think that's the same thing. But thanks.

From the other comments here, it looks like something that BlackBerry have disabled.
    03-03-15 10:09 AM
    It was a neat feature but I could see people not wanting everyone who knows them to know they have BBM. I'm sure some people don't want everyone they know on their BBM.
    03-03-15 11:07 AM
    It was a neat feature but I could see people not wanting everyone who knows them to know they have BBM. I'm sure some people don't want everyone they know on their BBM.
    That's a fair point.
    03-03-15 11:20 AM