Hello,

I want to start using BBM and I have even convinced a few friends to try it out on their non-Blackberry devices as well.

But I am really not sure on how to proceed and I have several questions:

1) I added my friends by scanning their bar code, but how do I find friends in my contact list that already have BBM? On other platforms, you can simply click on a button "Find Friends on BBM" or something like that.

2) I know that Android and iOS is now able to Video Call. But I can't find this option, only Voice Call. How can I make Video Calls?

3) I created a new notification profile: No sounds on texts, only phone calls. I went into "Customize App Notifications" -> "BBM" -> Turned on Sound, increased the volume and turned on "Override Profile Volume". This doesn't work, although I have tried this with other apps with no problems. Any ideas on how to let BBM phone calls have sound? Maybe it is being overwritten somewhere else?
    06-20-16 09:38 AM
    1) If you have find friends enabled, then if you go to your contact list, those friends that have emails associated with a BlackBerry ID will appear under the category "Contacts" - you can talk with them directly, and then send them invites.

Friends that are not associated with BBM, will have their contact appear under Invites so you can send them an email to download BBM

2) If you're using a BB10 device, and your contact that is on Android/iOS, only voice calling will show since BB10 to Android / iOS is not active right now

And for 3, what device are you on?
    Rex001 likes this.
    06-20-16 10:25 AM
    1) If you have find friends enabled, then if you go to your contact list, those friends that have emails associated with a BlackBerry ID will appear under the category "Contacts" - you can talk with them directly, and then send them invites.

Friends that are not associated with BBM, will have their contact appear under Invites so you can send them an email to download BBM

2) If you're using a BB10 device, and your contact that is on Android/iOS, only voice calling will show since BB10 to Android / iOS is not active right now

And for 3, what device are you on?
    1) How do I enable "Find Friends"? Also, does that mean that any contact I have in my regular contact list that has BBM will show up under "Contacts" in BBM? Why would I need to Invite them, if they are already showing under "Contact"?

2) Are they planning on activating it anytime soon? Maybe alongside with 10.3.3?

I am using a Passport.
    06-20-16 10:58 AM
    1) How do I enable "Find Friends"? Also, does that mean that any contact I have in my regular contact list that has BBM will show up under "Contacts" in BBM? Why would I need to Invite them, if they are already showing under "Contact"?
    On BB10 it is automatically enabled.
    Any contact in your regular contact list (from the Contacts app) that has an email associated with them, and that email associated with a BBID on it, will appear under Contacts. You can talk with them, but you won't see any status updates, any display pictures, and cannot make video/voice calls to them if they remain under "Contacts".

2) Are they planning on activating it anytime soon? Maybe alongside with 10.3.3?

I am using a Passport.
    No idea when it will be enabled.
    06-20-16 12:20 PM
    Is there are way to refresh the list of contacts with associated BBID? My friends didn't show up, I had to manually scan their barcode.
    06-20-16 12:24 PM
    I think it does it by itself, I don't think you can force a refresh. Keep in mind the emails you have associated with friends may not be what they use for their BBID.
    06-20-16 12:40 PM
    I will keep that in mind.

Appreciate the help, thanks!
    06-20-16 01:01 PM