Please share your thoughts, corrections, suggestions

Just an idea to get BBM spreading faster.. That's how I imagine it could be done..

I suggest as following:

1- BlackBerry to roll an update of BBM, once updated, a user is met with introduction to the new system with assurance of keeping the numbers secured and out of reach of any third parties.
    2- User has to put his number, get a confirmation message. Done. PIN is paired with a phone number
    3- There has to be some API to detect SIM card change to invoke a "Did you change your SIM card/phone number? please update your BlackBerry ID" message.
    4- User has the option to chose: let others find me with phone numbers [YES/NO] << default is Yes
    5- Messages are delivered to PIN in the databases not to numbers

scenario number 1: Adam and John has each other's phone numbers, John installs BBM, BBM searches phone book and finds Adam is using BBM >> solved

scenario number 2: Adam has John's number, but John doesn't has Adam's number. Adam installs BBM and BBM searches phone book and finds John is there. Adam sends add request to John. John could reject or accept (same case with BBM PIN) >> solved

scenario number 3: Adam has a BBM then he changes his number. BBM detects a change or SIM card/phone number, Adam is asked if he changed SIM card/phone number and is asked to put the new number and confirm it. Old number gets deleted from the system. >> solved

scenario number 4: Adam stopped using his BlackBerry, Michael is a new user owns now Adam's old phone. Michael will create a new BlackBerry ID with a new phone number. BlackBerry removes the old pairing of Adam's phone and the PIN of the BlackBerry and creates new pairing between Michael's phone and the device PIN. >> solved

easy enough. no? :-D
    Last edited by menshawy; 04-19-14 at 08:31 AM.
    04-18-14 02:42 AM
    my problem with using numbers, and I'll be honest I'm tired and I didn't read you full post, so forgive me if you covered this, is that there are people who I don't want to give my number to. With the PIN, I can delete and block and that would be the end of it.

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    04-18-14 03:24 AM
    No! Pin provide better security. Op, do you want anyone type the phone number and know where you live on poynt?spare me please.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 09:09 AM
    my problem with using numbers, and I'll be honest I'm tired and I didn't read you full post, so forgive me if you covered this, is that there are people who I don't want to give my number to. With the PIN, I can delete and block and that would be the end of it.

Posted via CB10
    @Peevish, only people who have your phone number will discover if you are a BBM user (IF you have the option to be discovered by phone number enabled)
    Last edited by menshawy; 03-11-15 at 07:13 AM.
    04-18-14 12:53 PM
    No! Pin provide better security. Op, do you want anyone type the phone number and know where you live on poynt?spare me please.

Posted via CB10
    I suggested having both the number and PIN paired in the databases. In my imagination, if someone typed my number he would only see my display name on BBM. If he/she adds me, it's totally up to me to accept or ignore.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 12:56 PM
    Why not let them accept your bbm and one your reply, send your phone number. I would never, ever do that unless is close member of my group. Who ever I can trust. Just imaging your phone number got leaked to the group or broadcast by a quick finger. You can forget to get it back. Are you trust your typing after few drinks? :-).

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 03:10 PM
    Apparently you don't trust your understanding after a couple of drinks because I don't drink my friend :-)

If you comprehend what you 'doubtfully' has just read in my post you should understand that no one gets to see your number, only the PIN is visible to the audience. The phone number and PIN pairing is all processed in the databases.

People of course will be throwing your PIN in PIN Trains and Broadcasts... as if they are not doing it now already!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 06:58 PM