My wife has Android mobile with BBMe. I use BB Passport with normal BBM. Are a messages from her Android mobile to my BB10 mobile protected e2e ? And are my messages from Passport to her mobile with BBMe protected e2e too?

Posted via CB10
    Stasjuk likes this.
    04-26-19 04:04 AM
    My wife has Android mobile with BBMe. I use BB Passport with normal BBM. Are a messages from her Android mobile to my BB10 mobile protected e2e ? And are my messages from Passport to her mobile with BBMe protected e2e too?

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-19 06:00 AM
    Tonight I logged into BBMe using my BBID that I currently had on a spare Android device (Moto G3). I THINK I had originally made this BBID on a BB10 device before transferring it to the G3. But don't remember. We'll see tomorrow if it auto logged me out of the G3. I use that phone as my Spotify wifi-only device at work. Will report back tomorrow.
    Ok, so I can confirm that when I logged into BBMe using my BBID that is currently associated with my BBMc on Android, it did NOT log me out of my BBMc on Android.

Example:
    I have an Android Moto G3 that I use as a wifi-ONLY device. This is my secondary BBID, which I made to use on this device. I'm assuming I made it on the Blackberry Ltd. Website, and transferred it to Android a while ago (because I have no phone number associated with it, and new BBMc Android accounts needed a phone number, but I'm not positive).
    Last night I registered for BBMe using that login. Today when I turned on my Moto G3, no issues. BBMc still works as normal. I even added my BBMe account as a contact. And now am sending messages from my BBMe account on my BB Motion to my BBMc account on my Moto G3, and vice versa. Using the SAME BBID on both. Obviously different PIN numbers.
    Stasjuk likes this.
    04-26-19 08:25 AM
    I am using the same BBID that I had on BB10 and then migrated to BBM consumer two years ago.

I am currently on both BBM consumer and BBMe, under the same BBID but different PINs and they are both working.
    Yes, until the end of May 2019
    04-26-19 09:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes they are. Get the *pdf from this site: https://docs.blackberry.com/en/id-co...i1410183785242
    04-26-19 09:41 AM
    Yes, until the end of May 2019
    Thanks. But isn't this the opposite of what I was trying to confirm in this message:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13381178

In that question, I was asking about the BBID that I had moved from my Z30 to my Motion. And that if I logged into BBMe using that BBID, would it log me out of my current Android BBM. And that based on that, I should I should get all those ducks in a row first. Your answer was yes.

But it does not seem to be the case. Did I miss something? It shouldn't be any different with my previous example of using my secondary BBID I was using on my Moto G3.
    04-26-19 09:53 AM
    Thanks. But isn't this the opposite of what I was trying to confirm in this message:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13381178

In that question, I was asking about the BBID that I had moved from my Z30 to my Motion. And that if I logged into BBMe using that BBID, would it log me out of my current Android BBM. And that based on that, I should I should get all those ducks in a row first. Your answer was yes.

But it does not seem to be the case. Did I miss something? It shouldn't be any different with my previous example of using my secondary BBID I was using on my Moto G3.
    Both will work until the end of May.
    04-26-19 09:59 AM
    Thanks boys.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-19 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm the same.

When you are using BBMe, and you start a chat with someone using a regular BBM (at least Android BBMc), it starts the chat saying something like "This chat will be protected, blah, blah".
    Then after the chat has started, in the typing line whenever it's blank, it says "Protected. Enter a message."

Also will not allow me to take screenshots from the BBMc account. So that's good from the security aspect.
    Stasjuk likes this.
    04-26-19 01:49 PM
    The previous answer is correct. Using BB10 bbid to subscribe and sign into Android BBMe will cause a log out in BB10 BBMc as the app does not support multi device usage.

You better off organizing things first before deciding to move to BBMe.
    I will give this a try this weekend.

Per my previous messages, I can run BBMc and BBMe both on Android devices, with the same BBID. I've tested this out myself.

I'll take one of my spare BB10 devices, and try making a BBMe account with it. See if it logs me out as you described.

Question: BBMe can be logged into multiple devices at once. Is BB10 on this list?
    04-26-19 02:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    The user of a regular BBMc should see a "Protected" text inside the chat message entry box. If yes then the chat is e2e encrypted.
    BBHermes likes this.
    04-26-19 03:58 PM
    Thanks for answers.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-19 04:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    chat are protected, but not with voice call. you will see red unlocked padlock when you make a call from BBMe android to bb10 or bb10 to BBMe android
    04-27-19 10:47 PM
    I read about corporate BBMe(40€) and individual BBMe(5€). Has it relevance, significance to buy corporate BBME, if individual BBMe ich cheaper? What is a diference between them?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-19 12:16 AM
    chat are protected, but not with voice call. you will see red unlocked padlock when you make a call from BBMe android to bb10 or bb10 to BBMe android
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-19 12:16 AM
    It depends on wether you are in WiFi or in a mobile network.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-19 06:38 AM
    It depends on wether you are in WiFi or in a mobile network.

Posted via CB10
    I am try use wifi
    04-28-19 06:39 AM
    I am try use wifi
    Look here and download the *.pdf file. You will find graphics with all options of encryption in every kind of networks and between all kind of devices:
    https://docs.blackberry.com/en/id-co...i1410183785242
    04-28-19 06:48 AM
    Look here and download the *.pdf file. You will find graphics with all options of encryption in every kind of networks and between all kind of devices:
    https://docs.blackberry.com/en/id-co...i1410183785242
    BBMe android to BBM android/ios have locked padlock, BBMe and BBM bb10 have unlocked padlock
    04-28-19 06:58 AM
    I will give this a try this weekend.

Per my previous messages, I can run BBMc and BBMe both on Android devices, with the same BBID. I've tested this out myself.

I'll take one of my spare BB10 devices, and try making a BBMe account with it. See if it logs me out as you described.

Question: BBMe can be logged into multiple devices at once. Is BB10 on this list?
    BBMe version on BB10 does support MPoP (multiple points of presense u.e. ability to sign from multiple devices).
    HOWEVER, BBMe on BB10 does not support BBMe prosumer sign in at the moment.
    04-28-19 12:15 PM
    Great, thanks!

Has everyone else been making new IDs? Or using their old ones?
    As you can imagine, I want to keep my family group chat going until I can get us all sorted out. But I also when to get on BBMe and start trying things out. Obviously I can make a new BBID, but whenever possible, I would prefer to use the same account, just to keep things simple.

And there's no point in making multiple accounts since after a year, I would have to pay for multiple accounts...
    Regarding number 2: I did not get logged out of my BBM consumer account when I created a BBMe account. This is on Android. Maybe this was said already but it is important for anyone moving friends/family to the new platform. I did my move on my PRIV. Now I have both apps. I can't speak for BB10 users or iOS users as to how it has gone for them.
    As a side note, I couldn't get it to work on my KEYone. Thereafter I did succeed with my PRIV. (Which I still use). It was right after the announcement so things may function better now.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 04-28-19 at 12:43 PM.
    04-28-19 12:26 PM
    HOWEVER, BBMe on BB10 does not support BBMe prosumer sign in at the moment.
    Thanks, that would explain the errors we have been getting.

Posted via CB10
    iled likes this.
    04-28-19 04:54 PM
    I read about corporate BBMe(40€) and individual BBMe(5€). Has it relevance, significance to buy corporate BBME, if individual BBMe ich cheaper? What is a diference between them?

Posted via CB10
    Corporate BBMe gives you access to the IDP Blackberry site which is a web portal for Enterprise Admins to manage BBMe. This includes a number of additional features which are not present in the individual BBMe.

https://docs.blackberry.com/en/id-co...c1438785062620
    04-28-19 05:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    BBMe for Enterprises offers additional IT admin facing functionality, which is best described in BBMe UEM Admin guide here https://docs.blackberry.com/en/id-co...erprise/latest. It enables organizations to deploy and manage BBMe at scale and with efficiency.

The admin facing features include such things as granular IT policy controls (per user, per group, per organization), integration with AD, Directory and Cross organizational look-up to name a few.

It is easy to obtain a free trial of UEM-based BBMe via the free trial link on the above page.

The videos on the help page above provide an overview of BBMe activation process.
    04-28-19 09:43 PM
    Corporate BBMe gives you access to the IDP Blackberry site which is a web portal for Enterprise Admins to manage BBMe. This includes a number of additional features which are not present in the individual BBMe.

https://docs.blackberry.com/en/id-co...c1438785062620
    EID-based BBMe management utilizing BBID-based sign in has been offered for quite some time.

However, the latest UEM-based BBMe management console offers a lot more power and flexibility to IT admins, building on top of BlackBerry UEM.
    chetmanley likes this.
    04-28-19 09:49 PM
63 123