I'm sure there will probably be a FAQ at some point, but I'm not quite finding my answers after reading through a bunch of threads.

As a BBM user, looking to try out the first year free with BBMe, I have a few questions.

Can you use your BBID from BB10 or Android? I have both.
    BBID under BB10 was Blackberry Ltd.
    BBID under Android was Emtek. Right?

If you can, does it disable your previous account? In the past, when you transferred from BB10 to BB10, or even BB10 to Android, your old BBM on the old phone automatically logged you out. I'm worried about setting up a BBMe account, and it logging out the BBM consumer account I'm currently using (I need this until I move all members of my group chats to a new service).

Can you create a BBMe account without a phone number? I always liked this about BBIDs under Blackberry Ltd.

If I want to BBMe with my wife, we obviously both need BBMe accounts. Does this meant we both need to pay at the end of the free year? Are there any group rates? I'm just wondering if there's a way to pay for everyone, if multiple family members move over.

I've read in another thread that BBMe on iOS does not have individual accounts yet. But people have made BBMe accounts on Android, and are using that same account on an iOS device. Treating this like "another device" rather than the primary account. Is this correct? But should be resolved soon?
    04-25-19 02:34 PM
    I'm sure there will probably be a FAQ at some point, but I'm not quite finding my answers after reading through a bunch of threads.

As a BBM user, looking to try out the first year free with BBMe, I have a few questions.

If you can, does it disable your previous account? In the past, when you transferred from BB10 to BB10, or even BB10 to Android, your old BBM on the old phone automatically logged you out. I'm worried about setting up a BBMe account, and it logging out the BBM consumer account I'm currently using (I need this until I move all members of my group chats to a new service).

Can you create a BBMe account without a phone number? I always liked this about BBIDs under Blackberry Ltd.

If I want to BBMe with my wife, we obviously both need BBMe accounts. Does this meant we both need to pay at the end of the free year? Are there any group rates? I'm just wondering if there's a way to pay for everyone, if multiple family members move over.

I've read in another thread that BBMe on iOS does not have individual accounts yet. But people have made BBMe accounts on Android, and are using that same account on an iOS device. Treating this like "another device" rather than the primary account. Is this correct? But should be resolved soon?
    1) You can use any BBID.

2) It will log you out of the BBM Consumer account.

3) No, you don't need to give your phone number.

4) I don't believe there is anything like that unless you buy an expensive business subscription.

5) The individual subscription version for IOS is now available.

Posted via CB10
    skilas and Stasjuk like this.
    04-25-19 02:52 PM
    1) You can use any BBID.

2) It will log you out of the BBM Consumer account.

3) No, you don't need to give your phone number.

4) I don't believe there is anything like that unless you buy an expensive business subscription.

5) The individual subscription version for IOS is now available.

Posted via CB10
    Great, thanks!

Has everyone else been making new IDs? Or using their old ones?
    As you can imagine, I want to keep my family group chat going until I can get us all sorted out. But I also when to get on BBMe and start trying things out. Obviously I can make a new BBID, but whenever possible, I would prefer to use the same account, just to keep things simple.

And there's no point in making multiple accounts since after a year, I would have to pay for multiple accounts...
    04-25-19 02:59 PM

BlackBerry ID is not the same as BBM PIN ! Be sure, that you don't change it. Use the BB ID you registered at BlackBerry Ltd.
    04-25-19 03:05 PM
    Great, thanks!

Has everyone else been making new IDs? Or using their old ones?
    As you can imagine, I want to keep my family group chat going until I can get us all sorted out. But I also when to get on BBMe and start trying things out. Obviously I can make a new BBID, but whenever possible, I would prefer to use the same account, just to keep things simple.

And there's no point in making multiple accounts since after a year, I would have to pay for multiple accounts...
    You said you have two accounts already, if one's not in use I'd just use that one. If you don't have a spare one I'd make a new one to play with for now, then switch to the new one once you're ready.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-19 03:08 PM
    BlackBerry ID is not the same as BBM PIN !
    I don't quite get this...what do you mean?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-19 03:12 PM
    BlackBerry ID is not the same as BBM PIN ! Be sure, that you don't change it. Use the BB ID you registered at BlackBerry Ltd.
    So my original one I created for my 9900, then moved to my Z30, then moved to my BB Motion?

This is the BBID that is currently registered with my BBM consumer edition on my BB Motion. So based on Ben xfg's reply saying that it will log me out of my current BBM consumer edition account, I should wait until I get things organized there first?
    04-25-19 03:13 PM
    I don't quite get this...what do you mean?

Posted via CB10
    I see that a lot of people are confused about it. These are different things. Some take their BBM PIN and try to log in with it. That's impossible. A BlackBerry ID with a verified working email-adress plus password must be used.
    04-25-19 03:16 PM
    You said you have two accounts already, if one's not in use I'd just use that one. If you don't have a spare one I'd make a new one to play with for now, then switch to the new one once you're ready.

Posted via CB10
    I do. I made an extra one for my spare Android device, back when I could make a BBM consumer account without needing a phone number associated with it. (I'm not counting the extra dormant account I have for my extra Blackberry 10 devices ie: Leap).

So it sounds like I can just use one of those to play around with BBMe for a bit. And at the end of May, move my main BBID over to BBMe.
    04-25-19 03:17 PM
    I see that a lot of people are confused about it. These are different things. Some take their BBM PIN and try to log in with it. That's impossible. A BlackBerry ID with a verified working email-adress plus password must be used.
    Honestly, I don't ever think of my pin. I use it for adding new people (usually use the QR code when in person), and that's it. Otherwise I never think about it... I never made a custom pin. So it's just a bunch of random numbers and letters. I could see if you made a custom pin, that you could start confusing that with a login or BBID.
    04-25-19 03:20 PM
    So my original one I created for my 9900, then moved to my Z30, then moved to my BB Motion?

This is the BBID that is currently registered with my BBM consumer edition on my BB Motion. So based on Ben xfg's reply saying that it will log me out of my current BBM consumer edition account, I should wait until I get things organized there first?
    Yes, use it and wait some minutes until the process had sucsess.
    04-25-19 03:21 PM
    Some take their BBM PIN and try to log in with it.
    Really? Sounds strange to me - but I've heard stranger things.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-19 03:22 PM
    Really? Sounds strange to me - but I've heard stranger things.

Posted via CB10
    Yes and much don't read manuals or instructions...
    anon(10398624) likes this.
    04-25-19 03:25 PM
    So it sounds like I can just use one of those to play around with BBMe for a bit. And at the end of May, move my main BBID over to BBMe.
    Yes, but note you'll have to subscribe - but if you cancel before a year is up you won't get charged any money. Then when you move your main one over you'll have to subscribe again.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    04-25-19 03:31 PM
    I am using the same BBID that I had on BB10 and then migrated to BBM consumer two years ago.

I am currently on both BBM consumer and BBMe, under the same BBID but different PINs and they are both working.
    fkl_118 likes this.
    04-25-19 03:33 PM
    I am using the same BBID that I had on BB10 and then migrated to BBM consumer two years ago.

I am currently on both BBM consumer and BBMe, under the same BBID but different PINs and they are both working.
    This is actually super important, and the crux of one of my questions.

If I take the BBID I've been using on my Motion (that I originally brought over from BB10), and use it to subscribe to BBMe, does it log me out of my BBM consumer on my Motion. This is literally what is holding me back from setting up a BBMe right now using my main account. The BBM consumer edition is my main way of contacting family via groups right now. So I don't want to lose it, and have to re-add everyone on BBMe, while losing the history of our conversations.
    EDIT: I know it will shut down in a month anyways. But I'm just talking about right now.
    04-25-19 03:39 PM
    See below.
    04-25-19 03:51 PM

If I take the BBID I've been using on my Motion (that I originally brought over from BB10), and use it to subscribe to BBMe, does it log me out of my BBM consumer on my Motion. This is literally what is holding me back from setting up a BBMe right now using my main account. The BBM consumer edition is my main way of contacting family via groups right now. So I don't want to lose it, and have to re-add everyone on BBMe, while losing the history of our conversations.
    EDIT: I know it will shut down in a month anyways. But I'm just talking about right now.
    I was not forced out of either of the applications. it seems that the two entities, Emtek and BlackBerry are completely separated and not exchanging account information.

As a test, I just exchanged messages with both without an issue.

I didn't have any fear of trying to change over, because I have alternate ways to connect with all of them and knew I would just have to invite if I was logged out. It was a pleasant surprise that I could still connect with both iterations.

My only caveat is that I haven't performed a reboot on my device. But I am fairly certain it wouldn't change anything.
    skilas likes this.
    04-25-19 03:54 PM
    I was not forced out of either of the applications. it seems that the two entities, Emtek and BlackBerry are completely separated and not exchanging account information.
    So you are signed into BBMc with your phone number and BBMe with your BBID? I think this is the only way this can be possible. I don't believe there is such a thing as two pins with one BBID, although I'm open to learn something here.

Posted via CB10
    skilas likes this.
    04-25-19 04:11 PM
    So you are signed into BBMc with your phone number and BBMe with your BBID? I think this is the only way this can be possible. I don't believe there is such a thing as two pins with one BBID, although I'm open to learn something here.

Posted via CB10
    I never signed up with any version of BBM via telephone number. I have always used the same email as my BBID.

When I input my BBID for BBM enterprise it did not shoot back any error dialog, it just accepted it. It did create a new PIN which began with EF.

My enterprise and consumer BBM's are both using the same email as ID but individual PIN's.
    skilas likes this.
    04-25-19 04:28 PM
    My enterprise and consumer BBM's are both using the same email as ID but individual PIN's.
    Might it be because the Android BBID was on Emteks' server and now you signed in on the BB server and now both servers think there is only on device signed in? This could be the case since the two don't communicate with each other.

So are we safe to say OP can sign into BBMe with the Android BBID but not the BB10 BBID? I can confirm it will sign out of the BB10 device as I have tried it.

Posted via CB10
    skilas and Stasjuk like this.
    04-25-19 05:18 PM

Let me get back to you please before you do any actions.
    04-25-19 05:35 PM
    Might it be because the Android BBID was on Emteks' server and now you signed in on the BB server and now both servers think there is only on device signed in? This could be the case since the two don't communicate with each other.

So are we safe to say OP can sign into BBMe with the Android BBID but not the BB10 BBID? I can confirm it will sign out of the BB10 device as I have tried it.

Posted via CB10
    The logic makes sense that the two servers don't communicate.

But the only hiccup to that theory I can think of is the time when I transferred my BBID from my Z30 to my Motion. When I did it, it was a one way street. When I tried to login back into my Z30 BBM using the same BBID, it would not allow me because it was being used on my Motion. And you could not transfer from Android to BB10. So there must have been some sort of communication... I wonder if it simply does not apply to BBMe.
    04-25-19 07:51 PM

The previous answer is correct. Using BB10 bbid to subscribe and sign into Android BBMe will cause a log out in BB10 BBMc as the app does not support multi device usage.

You better off organizing things first before deciding to move to BBMe.
    04-25-19 08:02 PM
    The previous answer is correct. Using BB10 bbid to subscribe and sign into Android BBMe will cause a log out in BB10 BBMc as the app does not support multi device usage.

You better off organizing things first before deciding to move to BBMe.
    Tonight I logged into BBMe using my BBID that I currently had on a spare Android device (Moto G3). I THINK I had originally made this BBID on a BB10 device before transferring it to the G3. But don't remember. We'll see tomorrow if it auto logged me out of the G3. I use that phone as my Spotify wifi-only device at work. Will report back tomorrow.
    04-25-19 11:35 PM
63 123