Having worked with the IT department and been through more than a few small issues... I feel for the folks that must be working frantically right now.

Hang in there!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:50 PM
    Having worked with the IT department and been through more than a few small issues... I feel for the folks that must be working frantically right now.

Hang in there!

Posted via CB10
    This is so true. Those guys are under heart attack pressure right now.
    09-22-13 03:57 PM
    I doubt they're frantically working at this point. They blew it so no rush now. Slap a soon again.
    09-22-13 04:00 PM
    If only everyone would understand how hard they are working to get it back for all of us Worldwide and for all that blame and for all that wait etc.

Quote: Strive for progress, Not perfection

They are trying there best
    09-22-13 04:01 PM

Hang in there!

Posted via CB10
    I know the environment. Very tough and lot of pressure. Similar environment, this week my team was in a 36 hours emergency, almost no sleep...

Hopefully, the management is supportive and not destructive. One of the worst things, is all f### TELCO's for updates, while everything is burning.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 04:08 PM
    How do you know it has anything to do with them?
    09-22-13 04:10 PM

Hang in there!

Posted via CB10
    Amen to that.
    09-22-13 04:11 PM
    I doubt they're frantically working at this point. They blew it so no rush now. Slap a soon again.
    You should just leave these forums and switch from BlackBerry. Your negative sediment in every post does nothing to contribute to the discussion and is just pointless.
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    09-22-13 04:12 PM
    Who cares what you think. I'm no fan boy, I'm a realist. Having a blackberry for years and as a shareholder I can ***** as much as I like.

What have they done for us besides lose money? Till you actually have a few pennies to invest your point is mute.

Everyone that has invested in them have had it. Why say they're doing a good job and think of rainbows and unicorns. They're an epic failure of a so called turn around, that has headed for the hills with their tails between their legs!

Blackberry has failed at every launch this year. Now you can add BBM to the list. iOS had no reason to be pulled as well, so the blame leaked android app or server issues are total BS. But you can believe the Horse crap they feed the masses..
    09-22-13 04:19 PM
    Who cares what you think. I'm no fan boy, I'm a realist. Having a blackberry for years and as a shareholder I can ***** as much as I like.

What have they done for us besides lose money? Till you actually have a few pennies to invest your point is mute.

Everyone that has invested in them have had it. Why say they're doing a good job and think of rainbows and unicorns. They're an epic failure of a so called turn around, that has headed for the hills with their tails between their legs!

Blackberry has failed at every launch this year. Now you can add BBM to the list. iOS had no reason to be pulled as well, so the blame leaked android app or server issues are total BS. But you can believe the Horse crap they feed the masses..
    I am also a shareholder so I can understand your frustration but your constant complaining and pessimistic attitude is just plain depressing and unconstructive.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    09-22-13 04:32 PM
    This is just an ignorant statement. If the problem is in the BBM NOC, they are most definitely working like hell to get things back up and running. Even if you think they're a bunch of screwups, if you have any knowledge of IT and networking, you know they are in a pressure cooker right now of high expectations mixed with a network failure. So glad I'm not in their shoes right now. I'm enjoying my nice peaceful Sunday with family.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 04:32 PM
    No need to hijack a thread about trying to empathize with the poor saps in the NOC and turning it in to pointing out all of the spots on the horse. We know there's big problems, and this is perhaps yet another symptom of them. Doesn't mean we can't empathize with those who I'm sure are in full on panic mode.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 04:34 PM

Why? Just why!

This thread came in peace and solidarity with the technical staff.

Even though I currently hold a management position on a multinational Telecom provider company, I still support network emergency services as backup engineer.

After more than a decade supporting emergency, every time my phone rings in middle of the night, my heart almost stops. Independent how screw up BlackBerry is , I truly feel their pain.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 04:43 PM
    And on top of it you have people going around saying "Just change your store to New Zealand". Not dumping on Apple folks, everyone's anxious to try the "new toy", but circumventing things isn't helping matters, "those ropes are there for a reason". Having said that, maybe it was a bad idea to to a full worldwide launch over one weekend with two different client OSes. Being an IT pro myself, I realize we can all be armchair QBs.

The tech people are unfairly under the microscope because of all the bad press the execs have generated lately, coupled with the Damocles sword of job loss hanging over their heads. At 40%, that's pretty much every other person, must be like Hunger Games in Waterloo.
    09-22-13 09:07 PM
    You should just leave these forums and switch from BlackBerry. Your negative sediment in every post does nothing to contribute to the discussion and is just pointless.

I think I'll use that one in the future: "negative sediment". Like the muck that collects at the bottom of the swamp.
    09-23-13 09:45 AM