I just had to suffer the deserved backlash of "Blackberry sucks" with a co-worker after BBM was killing his iPH5 for the last couple of days. His CPU was running at 75% and once the app was deleted it went to 10%.

I was the one that requested he use BBM as that is the method I want to use for workplace communication, now I find it hard to tell him to put it back on.

There was no issue since it was installed back when first released, it did happen however when entering a LTE area which from other accounts I believe is the root cause to the problem. Recently we acquired 20 Z30's for staff who for the most part are in low coverage areas but in some proximity to LTE. A couple of these phones started the whole battery drain and stopped when I had them set the network to manual and one level below any LTE setting then hard reset.

I have read many threads about this issue across all platforms but not one confirmed resolution?

Has there been any discussion from BBM development on this?
    10-03-14 12:52 PM
    I'm not sure. I do agree that BBM does use a fair amount of battery. Why not tweet them about it? They seem to be quick to respond...
    10-15-14 07:57 AM