Okay, basically I just made a switch from BB10 to an iPhone, and I sign-in using my current Blackberry ID, and it gave me a PIN number (call it PIN #1). But I screwed up this morning because I forgot my iPhone unlock code and forced to remotely erase my iPhone, start with a fresh device. Did a general restore from iCloud and re-download my apps including BBM. I did a signing in again but this time, instead of reassigning my PIN to the device it generated a new one!! (PIN #2)

Now, I have all my contacts in touch and nicely listed, but as I cross-checked with few of my colleagues, on their list, BBM still "thinks" I am using PIN #1, while in the meantime I am listed as having PIN #2 on my iPhone. This caused major confusion; every time I send messages to my colleague, BBM will tell me that they don't have me on their list. This is preposterous! I am enraged . This sort of thing shouldn't happen!

I am hoping that this problem will fade after the server settles down knowing and registering my new PIN. Just sharing with you all. Anybody else experience similar problem?

EDIT: By the way, I have wiped my Z10 last night, which is the moment after I get my 1st PIN.
    Last edited by tea1990; 02-18-14 at 03:35 AM.
    02-18-14 03:04 AM
    In a nutshell, to fix your problem I THINK you could just put your bbm back on the z10 and that should re update the pin for your contacts, wait an hour, send some test messages to the contacts that weren't working and if all is well, switch your bbm back to the iPhone again

The reason you got a new pin is because wiping the iPhone gives it a new device id.. I'd also imagine the reason it didn't update your contacts lists properly is because the Bbm for iPhone app probably went to sleep while in the process lol
    02-18-14 11:47 AM
    Hello nah.uhh, thank you for your response.

Yesterday I tried broadcasting my message to all contacts to do a test, curious how many contacts will bounce the message back. Not surprising, the message did bounce and I got like 40ish "re-invite" notifications out of total 92 contacts. It was a little tedious but from that bounce message I just re-invite everyone involved and tadaa my contacts seems to be in perfect condition now. Post the fix I also learned that while half of my contacts bounce the message, the rest seem to be doing fine recognizing my new PIN.

"The reason you got a new pin is because wiping the iPhone gives it a new device id.. I'd also imagine the reason it didn't update your contacts lists properly is because the Bbm for iPhone app probably went to sleep while in the process lol"

Yeah I thought of the same thing as well; it was because of the wipe BBM server thinks it's a totally different device. It's such a pity that BBM let this happen, among other bugs in their BBM for other platforms (random crashes, very noticeable in-app graphic lag, etc.). My situation could've been worse if I have hundreds of contacts on my list. I surely hope nobody will got stuck in my situation.
    02-18-14 06:46 PM