I'm still having the same problems as the original poster. I have convinced 5 friends and 2 family members all with IPhones to download BBM. Unfortunately it is so incredibly unreliable compared to texting that none of them are very ecstatic about it and there use has significantly tapered off. Mostly because they have to open the app to get messages or they will never know that they have any. If this is any indication of what everyone with an iPhone is experiencing BBM is toast. I really hope that this is fixed before I'm the last one in the group I created for all my iPhone friends.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 11:59 AM
    With the BBM update 1.0.5.134 for iOS, the "D" delivery issue seems to have been solved. As long as BBM is either active, or in the background, and you're using iOS7 with background app refresh selected - the sender will be properly notified that the message was delivered.

Well Done.
    12-09-13 01:29 PM
    ... As long as BBM is either active, or in the background, and you're using iOS7 with background app refresh selected ...
    Since a number of us aren't familiar with iPhone (or maybe just me), can you outline how to select background app refresh? If I need to do this on friends' iPhones, I will need help getting to those settings.

Thanks.
    12-10-13 08:00 AM
    Since a number of us aren't familiar with iPhone (or maybe just me), can you outline how to select background app refresh? If I need to do this on friends' iPhones, I will need help getting to those settings.

Thanks.
    Settings, General, Background App Refresh.

Make sure that this is enabled and that BBM is allowed.

Download Noted, a 5-star rated, native BB10 memo pad app.
    12-10-13 08:14 AM
    I've also confirmed this with Android BBM. It has to be opened after every reboot or else you'll never get the messages.
    Whoa I just proved myself wrong. You do NOT have to have the app open to get BBM msgs in Android!!! It will push msgs even on a clean boot without BBM being opened first! Just tested it. Unfortunately iOS 6 will not deliver the msg until BBM is opened first.
    12-30-13 04:41 AM
    Have any rooted Android users considered making BBM a system app? Would that solve the multitasking problem re: auto shutdown from not being used?
    01-06-14 11:11 AM
    Have any rooted Android users considered making BBM a system app? Would that solve the multitasking problem re: auto shutdown from not being used?
    No. You'd have to fool around with priorities etc. and that wouldn't fix anything for 99.5% of the Android user base.

Android will even kill the launcher process if RAM is that desperately needed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    01-09-14 01:31 AM
    Does BBM need to be opened to receive messages on iPhone?-img_20135283.png

^this!!!

People don't know how the tick system works in whatsapp, a looooot of people think 1 tick means delivery and the 2nd tick means read, because in IOS of your whatsapp isn't open and someone send you a message, you only get one tick (which mean it's not delivered ) untill they open whatsapp, IOS treats whatsapp the same way they treat BBM, but it's noticed in BBM because of the D and R system
    Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 03:41 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20135283.png 
Views:	787 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	237612

^this!!!

People don't know how the tick system works in whatsapp, a looooot of people think 1 tick means delivery and the 2nd tick means read, because in IOS of your whatsapp isn't open and someone send you a message, you only get one tick (which mean it's not delivered ) untill they open whatsapp, IOS treats whatsapp the same way they treat BBM, but it's noticed in BBM because of the D and R system
    Posted via CB10
    I have noticed the same service unreliability sometimes using WhatsApp on Android, so its not just ignorance. It simply didn't happen nearly as often as when I had BBM installed so i never really thought to check. However since most people I use IM with are on Android (most iOS stick TobIN Messenger), delivery was notified like any other IM app for them.

It had nothing to do with the OS.

The difference is the severity and frequency of the issue. When I had BBM installed it was failing as if failing was normal operation. Too many times messages sent out of order or took ages to get delivered (up to 9+ hours). It has been a while since I've used WhatsApp at this point, so I'm unsure how long those issues persist when they happen or the current frequency. These issues are unforgivable in any messaging service.

01-11-14 12:40 AM
    I have noticed the same service unreliability sometimes using WhatsApp on Android, so its not just ignorance. It simply didn't happen nearly as often as when I had BBM installed so i never really thought to check. However since most people I use IM with are on Android (most iOS stick TobIN Messenger), delivery was notified like any other IM app for them.

It had nothing to do with the OS.

The difference is the severity and frequency of the issue. When I had BBM installed it was failing as if failing was normal operation. Too many times messages sent out of order or took ages to get delivered (up to 9+ hours). It has been a while since I've used WhatsApp at this point, so I'm unsure how long those issues persist when they happen or the current frequency. These issues are unforgivable in any messaging service.

I have never seen whatsapp do this in Android unless the person receiving the message is either out of coverage or his phone is closed, but on IOS it's constant, as a matter of fact I have never contact someone using whatsapp for IOS and got two ticks from them, always 1 tick until they open the app, same happens with BBM on IOS, it's a limitation on IOS side.

I agree with you BBMX was really unreliable at first but it has improved a lot noe and still has room to improve more and it will, they just need time.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 03:16 AM
    I have never seen whatsapp do this in Android unless the person receiving the message is either out of coverage or his phone is closed, but on IOS it's constant, as a matter of fact I have never contact someone using whatsapp for IOS and got two ticks from them, always 1 tick until they open the app, same happens with BBM on IOS, it's a limitation on IOS side.

I agree with you BBMX was really unreliable at first but it has improved a lot noe and still has room to improve more and it will, they just need time.

Posted via CB10
    I've seen it. I've seen Facebook Messenger and Hangouts have similar issues. But in all cases they were rare and not readily reproducible.

01-11-14 03:18 AM
    I've seen it. I've seen Facebook Messenger and Hangouts have similar issues. But in all cases they were rare and not readily reproducible.

You said it yourself, rare, I rarely see this happen on BBM on Android too but the question here is that did you try to whatsapp a person using IOS?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 03:27 AM
    You said it yourself, rare, I rarely see this happen on BBM on Android too but the question here is that did you try to whatsapp a person using IOS?

Posted via CB10
    I'm talking about the ones mentioned. Not BBM.

This is why BBM got uninstalled yet I still use the others (minus WA).

It wasn't rare on BBM. It failed as if that was how it was designed to function, so we ditched it.

01-11-14 03:46 AM
    I'm talking about the ones mentioned. Not BBM.

This is why BBM got uninstalled yet I still use the others (minus WA).

It wasn't rare on BBM. It failed as if that was how it was designed to function, so we ditched it.

"It WASN'T rare on BBM", so you're talking about the past, did you try BBM now? No, well I'm talking about now.

Btw the main point here is IOS, BBM now works well on Android but never on IOS and I explained why.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 07:37 AM
    "It WASN'T rare on BBM", so you're talking about the past, did you try BBM now? No, well I'm talking about now.

Btw the main point here is IOS, BBM now works well on Android but never on IOS and I explained why.

Posted via CB10
    People are Still reporting issues with Android BBM.

I'm not reinstalling and asking people to reinstall it and creating new blackberry ids just to check integer lying cause I don't see a reason why anyone would do that. I'm no conspiracy theorist.

I also explained some things you clearly ignored.

01-11-14 01:35 PM
    People are Still reporting issues with Android BBM.

I'm not reinstalling and asking people to reinstall it and creating new blackberry ids just to check integer lying cause I don't see a reason why anyone would do that. I'm no conspiracy theorist.

I also explained some things you clearly ignored.

The fact that you are lazy to try it again just to check if it has improved or not and just go on the forums and say it's still not reliable makes you an unreliable source of information, clearly you just wanna tell people to stay away from BBM whether it's reliable or not so this conversation will lead to no benefits!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 06:13 PM
    The fact that you are lazy to try it again just to check if it has improved or not and just go on the forums and say it's still not reliable makes you an unreliable source of information, clearly you just wanna tell people to stay away from BBM whether it's reliable or not so this conversation will lead to no benefits!

Posted via CB10
    No it makes me s person who values their time. What I use works. That's that.

01-11-14 06:32 PM
    I just encounter the same problem as the enquirer, anyone can help me?
    01-12-14 09:24 PM
    Make sure Your BBM notification on IOS is turned On, that should do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:43 PM
    Try the instructions on the attached?

Does BBM need to be opened to receive messages on iPhone?-img_20140108_113509.png

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-12-14 10:50 PM
    No. It works fine even if you swipe if closed. But you have to tweak the notifications.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 11:18 PM
    Settings, General, Background App Refresh.

Make sure that this is enabled and that BBM is allowed.

Download Noted, a 5-star rated, native BB10 memo pad app.
    I was hoping this would work but it doesn't. My settings were already configured correctly.
    05-07-14 12:14 PM
    Does BBM need to be opened to receive messages on iPhone? I closed it and I'm not getting any messages through. Does Whatsapp work like this too?

Is this by design?
    I think you have to keep BBM open to receive BBM Voice Calls.

Sent via CB10
    06-20-14 08:47 AM
73 123