Do you think that if BBM is not connected to its server then a sound and Led notification should notify user that BBM is down? wouldn't that be a reasonable feature at the consumer end who rely on BBM?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 02:42 PM
    One major problem with that. If the NOC is down, how will they get out the notification?
    11-09-14 03:08 PM
    Also, won't BBM show the red X if the data is down or a signal cannot be achieved to send a message to someone?

Anyway, it's not a BlackBerry solution, but I use BerryBuzz (BeBuzz) and have it set to NOT blink the LED if my data is down or a data signal cannot be achieved. So, if I don't see anything I know there is an issue.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-09-14 04:04 PM
    One major problem with that. If the NOC is down, how will they get out the notification?
    Can't it be pinged from consumer mobile to get yes or no response?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 06:31 PM
    As Brad said, it's pretty bloody obvious when a message doesn't get out, isn't delivered, or isn't read. Unless you're on BIS, your carrier is completely out of the loop. NOC server issues are quite rare, and there are alternative means of communication, should you send an "emergency" BBM, and not have any indication it's been received in short order.

I think a carrier network (data and cellular) being down a much bigger crisis, and the only way you'll find out it is would be the hard way.
    11-09-14 07:52 PM