I personally prefer BBM for BBOS and BBM for BB10 is unable to give me the same great experience I have lived with BBM for BBOS...

Posted via CB10
    phylez likes this.
    03-05-15 02:55 PM
    Haven't used for bbos in a while, but I remember at least a few things I preferred from bbos
    IIRC the ability to set chat bubble colors for individual contacts
    Save chats to file
    Auto save favorite/liked pics from groups
    Add yourself on bbm
    Open app and start typing the users name or pin, then press enter to open their chat
    Non square display pictures

There's probably more, but I haven't used bbos in a while

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 | any questions? Feel free to shoot me a msg @ http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003EA0BE
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    03-05-15 02:59 PM
    BBOS? It's 2015... :-)
    03-05-15 03:51 PM
    And yet somehow BBOS is still more efficient at the core thing it was built for: communication. Go figure.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh, phylez and NickMcBride like this.
    03-08-15 09:28 AM
    Both work great. Now I'm using BBM for BB10 but BBM for BBOS worked great!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:18 PM
    And you would think a 2015 version of BBM, could have all the same great functionality the BBM BBOS version had plus more right?! SMH!

OP, the feature I miss the most from BBOS BBM is the ability to add text messaging contacts to BBM. Having BBM manage your text messaging contacts was great. I really miss that feature.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    nah.uhh, Alvin Loh and NickMcBride like this.
    03-08-15 08:22 PM
    Enable history, delete unopened message, access history to read what was said without sending a read receipt. Was a good feature
    03-17-15 03:57 PM
    I don't remember... I've had no contacts until BBM went cross platform

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:53 PM
    Comparing side-by-side now (Q10 and 9790). The one thing I see better is that BBM on OS10 takes a few (3-5) seconds to load completely (display images and and conversation population) once tapped to open app.... but the BBOS version opens up and all is populated instantly.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2582 CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    03-19-15 09:46 AM
    I miss the ability to add SMS contacts to BlackBerry Messenger�.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 09:55 AM
    I think that BBM for BBOS was and is still more reliable, but yea no contest, hands down BBM for BB10 is a much nicer interactive UI. BlackBerry just needs to get on it and make it more stable for cross-platform users as well as add some key features it has really lagged on.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 06:51 AM
    I recently went back to my Bold for a week and, with the exception of Channels, I would definitely say the performance and responsiveness of BBM was better on my Bold than on my Q10.

Ironically, it's even better on an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jope28 likes this.
    03-26-15 08:11 AM
    The only thing I miss is the ability to play IM games like Wordosaur , Chess and other turn based games in real time. That was a great time killer and had a ton of potential. I would love to see this kind of functionality come back.

My berry keeps getting better...Z10 since Feb 2013
    03-26-15 08:19 AM
    Something I have wondered about BBM on BB10 is why have the option to set categories in the contact list when there isn't any functionality for it? BBOS allowed you to set categories for your contacts, and that allowed users to, for instance, send a broadcast message to specific categories.
    Since BB10 launched, I have been wondering whether BlackBerry would add functionality to that feature, but so far nothing happened. Instead, we get custom pins and advertisement in our feeds. *shrugged*

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 11:43 AM
    All in all, I preferred BBM under BBOS. More compact format, simpler emoji system, better auto-replace.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 02:29 PM
    BBOS still beats BB10 in BBM just for the sheer simplicity (and for the awesome physical keyboards)

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 09:51 PM
    BBOS still beats BB10 in BBM just for the sheer simplicity (and for the awesome physical keyboards)

Posted via CB10
    I haven't used a Classic yet but the Passport is the best physical keyboard I've ever used.

BBM on the legacy devices was nice. But so was WhatsApp. What's the point of this thread?

Old BBM was simple and cleaner but the new BBM has way more features and some of them are extremely useful. Glimpse rocks! Also, I don't care what all of the haters say, I enjoy the occasional sticker. It is, in the end, a messaging platform and should have a bit of fun. Professional messages get sent in emails. Channels are also a great addition.

Change is good people. Adapt or get left behind...

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-29-15 10:04 PM
    I recently fired up my old 9380 and 9860 and quickly realised that BBM on BBOS is a horrible place to be compared to the rich lushness of it on BB10.

There's just no comparison.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    03-30-15 05:02 PM
    Timed Messages
    Retract
    The occasional odd sticker

BB10

Posted via CB on my Z30 -5
    04-05-15 09:35 PM
    Timed Messages
    Retract
    The occasional odd sticker

BB10

Posted via CB on my Z30 -5
    I could be wrong, but weren't all of these things available on bbos?
    Bbos even allows you to uninstall sticker packs!!
    And soon to be time and retract aren't "features" anymore.. they are 3 use trials towards the purchase of a "service" lolz, smh @bb for that on.

I haven't used bbm on bbos is a while, but isn't bbm calls the only drawback? (WiFi only, no video)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-08-15 09:11 AM
    BB10!

Join "Mustard seed faith" at C003C216D!
    04-09-15 07:08 AM
    I could be wrong, but weren't all of these things available on bbos?
    Bbos even allows you to uninstall sticker packs!!
    And soon to be time and retract aren't "features" anymore.. they are 3 use trials towards the purchase of a "service" lolz, smh @bb for that on.

I haven't used bbm on bbos is a while, but isn't bbm calls the only drawback? (WiFi only, no video)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    Timed and Retract aren't available on BBOS' BBM, and as there's no longer any updates being pushed to the BBOS client (despite the beta zone program still being alive and well), it more than likely won't be coming.

I completely agree, Timed and Retract are standard features in a lot of chat clients now and it's a shame to see them remain simply as trial use features. I certainly won't be paying $1.99 for each (or whatever it is). Why do that when WhatsApp is free and stable on other platforms? (Decided a few nights ago to switch platforms. I'll still have BBM and the BlackBerry Suite installed and will be keeping my BB10 devices to check out leaks, but I need a daily driver that better suits my usage scenario and daily needs)
    04-09-15 07:19 PM

OP, the feature I miss the most from BBOS BBM is the ability to add text messaging contacts to BBM. Having BBM manage your text messaging contacts was great. I really miss that feature.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Thank god it is not in BBM any more it's so confusing. I hate it so much I stopped using BBM for a while.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 12:29 PM