In my opinion the lack of this option is the main reason I'm not using bbm (and skype) on iphone except when there is no alternative.

This feature is available for most other messaging apps and is much needed for bbm, not being there on first launch was ok to overlook but now it's been too long and still nothing.

Posted via Q10
    05-23-14 03:47 PM
    If you're referring to the banner/alert that appears on the home screen of an iPhone, you can disable that. Go to Settings > Notification Center. Scroll down and select BBM. For "Alert Style", choose "None". There you can also choose whether or not to have BBM's show in the pull-down notification center.

Hope this helps.
    Laz730 and AngryPerson like this.
    05-23-14 05:01 PM
    If you're referring to the banner/alert that appears on the home screen of an iPhone, you can disable that. Go to Settings > Notification Center. Scroll down and select BBM. For "Alert Style", choose "None". There you can also choose whether or not to have BBM's show in the pull-down notification center.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks but I meant disabling the preview of the content in the notification. The method you mention I will not know that I've received a bbm message unless I set it to only badges which means I have to be looking at the homescreen not even in another app let alone locked.

Posted via Q10
    05-23-14 05:04 PM
    Thanks but I meant disabling the preview of the content in the notification. The method you mention I will not know that I've received a bbm message unless I set it to only badges which means I have to be looking at the homescreen not even in another app let alone locked.

Posted via Q10
    Sorry, I'm not following you. You can have the sound alert, the banner which shows in every app I've tested, and on the lock screen. Then there's the red spark that appears on the BBM icon. The only thing you can't do is to control what appears in the badge/alert. These are essentially the same options as available with BBM in BB10.
    05-23-14 05:27 PM
    Yes it's the only thing you can't do is what I'm referring to. On q10 at least it's not lighting up and displaying the content on your lockscreen like it does on the iPhone. iMessage, whatsapp, viber... etc have a specific setting for content display which is not available for bbm or skype. The q10 is not a device you watch something on or view photos with others, and def no one takes turns gaming on it lol

Posted via Q10
    05-23-14 05:50 PM
    Well, you can disable the lock screen preview if you don't want it to display content.
    05-23-14 06:08 PM
    U can't that's the point, u can disable lock screen entirely so u wouldn't know u got a message but u can't be notified that you got a message from someone but must unlock for the content like others

Posted via Q10
    05-23-14 07:27 PM