I recently got back into BB10 with the acquisition of a BB Classic. I still have the Z10 and a PlayBook though.

Anyway, I'm trying to set up BBM. I can't launch it, giving me the ol' "Temporary Server Error" message. Remembering in the past this usually related to a BBID SNAFU, I searched the forums here for a fix to this, because I couldn't remember what it was. Found what I thought was the fix, but it didn't make a difference. Tried some other things; here's what I've done so far:

So at this point this may be more of a BB10 issue, because when I try to change my BBID, no matter what I do, I am getting an error that the BBID is in use elsewhere, EVEN IF I JUST CREATED THE ID. This is where I'm stuck. But I was hoping this may perhaps be BBM related, but I don't know. Anyway, here I am and hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-29-20 01:30 PM
    I recently got back into BB10 with the acquisition of a BB Classic. I still have the Z10 and a PlayBook though.

Anyway, I'm trying to set up BBM. I can't launch it, giving me the ol' "Temporary Server Error" message. Remembering in the past this usually related to a BBID SNAFU, I searched the forums here for a fix to this, because I couldn't remember what it was. Found what I thought was the fix, but it didn't make a difference. Tried some other things; here's what I've done so far:

So at this point this may be more of a BB10 issue, because when I try to change my BBID, no matter what I do, I am getting an error that the BBID is in use elsewhere, EVEN IF I JUST CREATED THE ID. This is where I'm stuck. But I was hoping this may perhaps be BBM related, but I don't know. Anyway, here I am and hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!
    Disable BlackBerry Protect, wipe the phone, and create a new BBID on the device during the initial setup.
    OpelBlitz and Virginwid0w like this.
    01-29-20 01:42 PM
    I will say, one thing I just discovered -- in the BBID settings of BB10, the "Change username" is actually to create a new ID, not login with an existing one, so that's one area where I goofed. I'll try to create a new ID during the initial setup to see if that helps.
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-29-20 01:49 PM
    Wow I didn't know I inadvertently created three posts.

Anyway, posting here to say that I got in by creating a new ID during the initial setup. long live my old PIN, whatever it was.
    Virginwid0w likes this.
    01-29-20 03:09 PM