Let me first say that I understand the need to make money off of BBM. However, may I request that you pick a method? Are we running on a Freemium model, or an advertising model? If I pay for these new premium features, then I better never get sponsored invites to play games ever again!

A super concerned BBM user who fears you're losing your way.

P.S. If BBMX Video gets bundled into these paid premium features, I'll lose my shot! (yeah, we all know that's a typo...)

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-31-14 11:59 AM
    It seems like they keep adding new features then immediately trying to monetize them. That's not the way to make money! You need to build up a huge userbase first then think of clever ways to get money out of them. Not just try to squeeze more money out of your stagnant userbase.

To that end I propose 2 changes:
    - give us more free stickers. That'll actually get people using stickers and paying for other packs.
    - let us keep today's new features for free. That will win over users, which will do things like buy stickers and click on channel advertisements.

Their plan right now does not seem very streamlined or logical.

Posted via CB10
    bryan newell and Thesmartmale like this.
    10-31-14 12:18 PM
    BBM is kind of like that one kid you had, out of the 2 or 3 that you loved and adored at one point but now, you wish it would just grow up and move out. He's that kid in your college class that everyone gave a crap about at one point but as life moved on, his never did.

BBM is trying so hard to be the jock, or be the loved kid again when really, it should move on and accept itself for what it is. Its the Chevy of IMs now, you used to get laid with it(literally) but now its like meh why do you have it when the dodge ram looks so much cooler! Man, its making me download ANOTHER app?

I feel for BBM, and I truly know its the best IM out there, but its out of its league right now, and the freemium model is the only thing keeping it standing.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-31-14 12:43 PM
    I'd like to think the core BBM app will stay free, or I can see a lot of people moving away from it. More free sticker packs would be excellent, but I think you could have premier League football stickers or themes that people really like hockey teams, brand names, and such like. Maybe the original batman, pow! .... I don't know an idea in process here. but seriously the core BBM needs to stay free, as people use it they will try the optional extras, maybe like what's app free for a year, then they find it harder to lose them again just a thought

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 01:57 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 10:23 AM
    BBM is no where near WhatsApp, even on BB10. WhatsApp is fantastic and the most reliable cross-platform IM, next comes Viber. Seriously BBM needs a lot of improvements, particular in the way you add friends. The market has proven they don't care about PIN invites nor security. I don't even remember my PIN. I am not pro whatsapp neither a BBM hater. I sincerely hope BBM will evolve into a great cross-platform IM but its not just there yet.
    11-01-14 10:36 AM
    BBM is no where near WhatsApp, even on BB10. WhatsApp is fantastic and the most reliable cross-platform IM, next comes Viber. Seriously BBM needs a lot of improvements, particular in the way you add friends. The market has proven they don't care about PIN invites nor security. I don't even remember my PIN. I am not pro whatsapp neither a BBM hater. I sincerely hope BBM will evolve into a great cross-platform IM but its not just there yet.
    What are you talking about? What's app is bare bones and offers nothing. Viber is way better than Whatsapp. You?re all mixed up, brother. And BBM is better than whatsapp by a stretch too

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    11-01-14 08:09 PM
    BBM is kind of like that one kid you had, out of the 2 or 3 that you loved and adored at one point but now, you wish it would just grow up and move out. He's that kid in your college class that everyone gave a crap about at one point but as life moved on, his never did.

BBM is trying so hard to be the jock, or be the loved kid again when really, it should move on and accept itself for what it is. Its the Chevy of IMs now, you used to get laid with it(literally) but now its like meh why do you have it when the dodge ram looks so much cooler! Man, its making me download ANOTHER app?

I feel for BBM, and I truly know its the best IM out there, but its out of its league right now, and the freemium model is the only thing keeping it standing.

First, GM over Dodge.. there's no question.

Second, BBM is the best best IM app you can get on any platform.
    Djlatino likes this.
    11-01-14 08:17 PM
    What are you talking about? What's app is bare bones and offers nothing. Viber is way better than Whatsapp. You?re all mixed up, brother. And BBM is better than whatsapp by a stretch too

I wish that we're true... but it's not. I use all three platforms routinely with contacts all over the world.

Whatsapp is by far the most reliable. BBM has gotten better with recent updates, but it took a year of XBBM failure before they got it right. Now BBM is a close second. Problem is, most folks gave it up during that year. Viber, I agree, is third.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 08:34 PM