So I have BBM installed on my folks' iPhones and Android phones. Today I decide to redownload those long deleted apps to their phones to test BBM and hopefully BBM video.

Well, BBM video didn't work between my brother's Z5 and my Classic.

But here's my real trouble. Texts weren't making it through to either phone at all. I had to delete my contacts and re-add them on both phones in order to get messaging to work again between the phones. What is going on? This was on both fresh iOS and fresh Android installs of BBM, and my BBM on BB10 is fully updated as well.

This is a bad enough bug to kill BBM permanently in my mind. What's the point? The back end must me a mess for this to happen.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 08:00 PM
    Contact Issues-img_20160501_203249.png

This Android notification cannot be dismissed. Says that you're connected to BBM. So weird.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 08:35 PM
    So I have BBM installed on my folks' iPhones and Android phones. Today I decide to redownload those long deleted apps to their phones to test BBM and hopefully BBM video.

Well, BBM video didn't work between my brother's Z5 and my Classic.

But here's my real trouble. Texts weren't making it through to either phone at all. I had to delete my contacts and re-add them on both phones in order to get messaging to work again between the phones. What is going on? This was on both fresh iOS and fresh Android installs of BBM, and my BBM on BB10 is fully updated as well.

This is a bad enough bug to kill BBM permanently in my mind. What's the point? The back end must me a mess for this to happen.

Posted via CB10
    Depending on how long ago you had these installed, the accounts you used could have had different pins at the time then when you installed them now. If both of your parents phones had each others old pins, and then both signed in and were assigned new pins, then it's possible the pins in their respective contact lists were never updated with the new ones, so messages wouldn't be going through.
    05-02-16 08:12 AM
    Gary classic klassen architecture is what's BBM wrong. Once a month outage is normal.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 09:26 AM
    Depending on how long ago you had these installed, the accounts you used could have had different pins at the time then when you installed them now. If both of your parents phones had each others old pins, and then both signed in and were assigned new pins, then it's possible the pins in their respective contact lists were never updated with the new ones, so messages wouldn't be going through.
    Why would pins change? Phones haven't changed. And even if they had, why would pins change? It would destroy an entire contacts list.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 03:17 PM
    I agree; you're on the same device with the same BBID, it shouldn't happen. But it does in some rare circumstances which is unfortunate; checkout Indonesian forums. But BBM doesn't have universal pins right now - if you were to switch devices the pins swap - and contact lists follow and are updated on the server side.
    05-02-16 03:23 PM
    Why would pins change? Phones haven't changed. And even if they had, why would pins change? It would destroy an entire contacts list.

Posted via CB10
    iOS and Android BBM pins are specific to the installation. If you uninstall BBM, then reinstall, you'll end up with a different pin. However, as long as you sign in with the same BB ID, your contacts should repopulate. Your contacts will see your new pin for your BBM contact in their lists.

I first noticed this when my daughter deleted then reinstalled BBM. I've since done this on both iOS and Android devices, and my contacts did repopulate properly.
    05-02-16 03:34 PM
    iOS and Android BBM pins are specific to the installation. If you uninstall BBM, then reinstall, you'll end up with a different pin. However, as long as you sign in with the same BB ID, your contacts should repopulate. Your contacts will see your new pin for your BBM contact in their lists.

I first noticed this when my daughter deleted then reinstalled BBM. I've since done this on both iOS and Android devices, and my contacts did repopulate properly.
    I had to reinstall on the family phones, but the contacts lists did repopulate. Problem was that messages would not go through either way until I deleted the contact on both phones and re-added.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 03:50 PM