Hi all.
    Anyone care to explain what's the benefit of connecting app to bbm?
    I don't see any benefit so far, so I disable all.
    "Connect to BBM" benefit?-img_00000153.png
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 03:23 AM
    For social integration. Things like Foursquare, should you tell it to - will update your status with your recent checkin/location.

Nobex can inform your contacts of your current radio station, should you tell it to.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 03:35 AM
    Hi. Thanks for replying.
    Seems like this permission only used to update status then?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 04:09 AM
    If you have Games connected to BBM, you can send invitations via the Games application to others. I have noticed that option as well, apart from what has been already said here.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 09:47 AM
    It is simply an annoyance.

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    09-25-13 12:40 PM
    Hi. Thanks for replying.
    Seems like this permission only used to update status then?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    You can also invite friends to download apps through bbm if the developer has enabled it. Other than that, it's pointless.
    09-25-13 02:23 PM
    Also it is an easy way for a developer to integrate a BlackBerry service for a "Built for BlackBerry" certification.
    09-25-13 03:28 PM
    That last point: the only real point.

Otherwise, a useless way to irritate yourself (with a reminder to "Connect to Games!" or some such garbage everytime I open a game) or your friends by "inviting" them to download the app you're using.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 10:23 PM
    Also it is an easy way for a developer to integrate a BlackBerry service for a "Built for BlackBerry" certification.
    LOL.
    So aside from built for bb certification, it's for:
    - updating status i.e. listening, playing, etc. (bragging purposes only)
    - send invitation to download the app
    - If Games app (BB10) connected to BBM, share progress, achievement etc. Within the Games app itself.
    - I see some games that can be played with BBM friends like tic tac toe, though not available for BB10.
    - showing up list of apps that connected to BBM on BBM profile/details so other can click and directly open the app page on app world. (a simple search, simplified )

For non-game app, it has no real use then? Since you can invite to download using share feature from app world.

Why isn't there productivity app like sync-ing shopping list, or planning a project things, (to-do lists) without using an Internet server, so only using local storage (so can still be use without Internet connection) , but sync-ed between invited bbm contacts, like list feature on BBM Group.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 12:51 AM
    Why isn't there productivity app like sync-ing shopping list, or planning a project things, (to-do lists) without using an Internet server, so only using local storage (so can still be use without Internet connection) , but sync-ed between invited bbm contacts, like list feature on BBM Group.
    Because it's a toy not a tool.
    09-26-13 10:16 AM
    Because it's a toy not a tool.
    You saying you use your phone as a toy? Not a tool?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 01:29 AM
    I'm saying it's not as much of a fully functioning work tool as an iPhone is anymore. BB07 was pure communication. Pure work horse. Not so much BB10.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 11:54 PM
    Don't know about iPhone, maybe.
    But OS7 is definitely not better than BB10, I do more work with Z10 than 9860.

Anyway thanks for all the answers..

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 03:27 AM
    I always disable the connection to BBM. I don't need people to know what I am doing all the time. But I guess some people do want that.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 07:41 AM