I checked out Samsung's ChatOn app the other night. It is now so much like BBM with channels, group chats, stickers and even Glympse integration. So who has copied who and which is best? I thought BB owned Glympse and it seems an odd move to let a rival system have the same features which should be exclusive.
    06-07-14 05:04 AM
    I checked out Samsung's ChatOn app the other night. It is now so much like BBM with channels, group chats, stickers and even Glympse integration. So who has copied who and which is best? I thought BB owned Glympse and it seems an odd move to let a rival system have the same features which should be exclusive.
    Most messaging apps are bbm clones since they came out after the same. Also, Glympse isn't owned by BlackBerry... it is an independent entity and has an app of its own

MATVD - Movies, Advertisements, Tv Shows and Documentaries! The Largest Entertainment Channel out there! Join now!
    06-07-14 05:15 AM
    BlackBerry first. Even Fb messenger for android is becoming more like BBM lol
    06-07-14 08:27 PM
    I'm glad you posted this. I was about to ask a similar question. My curiosity was piqued when I saw channels within ChatOn. Frankly it is an identical implementation. So what is channels then, if it's not unique to BlackBerry and why has BlackBerry been trying to spin this as their own?
    06-22-14 08:12 PM
    I'm glad you posted this. I was about to ask a similar question. My curiosity was piqued when I saw channels within ChatOn. Frankly it is an identical implementation. So what is channels then, if it's not unique to BlackBerry and why has BlackBerry been trying to spin this as their own?
    Maybe because they were the first to come up with the idea and Samsung just copied them?

Why would BlackBerry not spin it as their own if another company copies them? Do you think BlackBerry would just close up shop and allow a clone to claim it as their own?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 08:28 PM
    Maybe because they were the first to come up with the idea and Samsung just copied them?
    But it's the other way around, that's why I asked the question.
    06-24-14 06:33 AM
    Check an app called Threema too! Another clone

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 06:35 AM