Hi,

if I'm chatting someone one on one and then select "Attach" I'm able to select from a variety of document types, i.e. voice notes, pictures ect, however the moment that I bring someone else into the conversation or start a ,multi person chat which I guess is the same and then select "Attach" I'm then only able select a voice note to attach, all the other attachment types disappear, i.e. pictures, ect. I'm hoping this is an oversight or that I'm doing something wrong.

Please say that it is so..

Thanks,
    10-31-13 08:18 AM
    I would imagine that if you want to share a picture with a number of people that is what a group is for. I wouldn't think you'd be able to attach a pic to multiple people in a chat.
    10-31-13 08:35 AM
    Nope. Unfortunately once you add someone to a chat the ability to share pics goes away.
    It's a BBM thing not you.

You could create an actual group and then you will be able to add pics.
    10-31-13 08:36 AM
    k, thanks, but I think that's ridiculous, you can add a voice note as an attachment to a multi-person chat but not the other attachment types, i.e. pictures, this is very bad of BBM and is going to make moving over from whatsapp and other apps a more difficult decision for many whom love in-stream pictures, the groups are kool in the way that they work, but BBM desperately needs to EXPAND on the allowable attachment types in multi person chat, doing so would make definitely help further BBM's success and without doing it will make people not move over to BBM, this should be on the TOP of BBM's list..
    10-31-13 10:16 AM
    these are features BBM has to include ASAP
    robdob123 likes this.
    10-31-13 10:22 AM
    This is the functionality I need most from BBM.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 04:56 AM
    I would imagine that if you want to share a picture with a number of people that is what a group is for. I wouldn't think you'd be able to attach a pic to multiple people in a chat.
    While it doesn't bother me, why do you say, "I wouldn't think you'd be able to attach a pic to multiple people in a chat?"

Why do you think this isn't basic functionality that's missing. It is basic functionality that's missing. End of story.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:20 AM
    The Broadcast system or add another person to form a temporary group makes it a normal chat mode. All you need to do is to form a permanent group for "once". And then proceed to chat. It isn't that difficult. This issue I understand came about due to legacy devices and Telcos having a "non-understanding" (pl excuse my use of words)!

Posted using my Q10
    11-02-13 08:31 AM
    The Broadcast system or add another person to form a temporary group makes it a normal chat mode. All you need to do is to form a permanent group for "once". And then proceed to chat. It isn't that difficult. This issue I understand came about due to legacy devices and Telcos having a "non-understanding" (pl excuse my use of words)!

Posted using my Q10
    Unacceptable excuse. Just stop. It's missing functionality. End of discussion.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 09:45 AM
    I don't understand, your teaching us how to set up a group. The question is why is there no file sharing in group chats? We would like to share files, pictures, location, voice notes in group chats like we can in WhatsApp and in person to person chats on BBM.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 10:52 AM
    Hi,

you can share voice notes within a multi-person chat inline and works great on my end. the problem is that you are unable to share anything else attachment wise other then a voice note. I am dumbfounded as to why this would be...
    11-03-13 06:59 AM
    Missing functionality. There is no other reason to search for.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 08:33 AM
    I am floored I can send a picture to multiple people using MMS but not BBM. What the heck!?!?!?

I guess I will use a group as a work around but that's all it is a work around for missing functionality.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 04:46 PM