Can't believe XL recommend a restart / battery pull to restore BBM-screen_20141020_154221_zpsb86a705b.jpg

Just received this SMS from my local carrier: XL Axiata, screenshot embedded above, it says:

"Want your BBM works smoothly? Do a routine turn on/off the BB by pressing Alt-Shift-Del at the same time or pull out the battery."
    Really? Even the wireless carrier is recommending this, it's frustrating for the past three weeks because the BlackBerry service has been spotty and I had to re-register the Host Routing Table (in the BlackBerry Advanced Settings) every time it happened. I'm still using my Bold 9900 as of today, and it runs the latest official BB OS 7.1.0.1098 (Bundle 2930).

I was just wondering if any of you BB 10 owners have this kind of problem with your BlackBerry service?
    10-22-14 12:17 AM
    Well, not BBM in particular. But I have a Z10 and I have to do a restart once in a while to keep things smooth.
    10-22-14 03:31 AM
    Well wasn't a battery pull on Legacy devices the best fix for most problems? Never had that issue with a Q10. I've only had Curves beforehand so it could just be that Curves were not very good

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    10-22-14 03:50 AM
    I'm not sure why you can't believe it? Very simply, your carrier is only following basic protocols provided by BlackBerry themselves. Since BBM is a native application, when issues arrive (specifically including the bold series) that would be pretty much what BlackBerry would recommend first if having issues with your device...

"It is a useful step if the BlackBerry smartphone is experiencing hardware, software, or wireless network related issues."

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 04:31 AM
    I can't add anyone on bbm anymore just doesn't respond this is real bad, they better fix this!

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 11:50 AM
    Not able to send or receive bbm messages at the moment myself. Been like this for 2 hours

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:19 PM
    4 dot bb is there beside signal. If not u can send & receive messages from bbm

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 10:19 AM
    Well, not BBM in particular. But I have a Z10 and I have to do a restart once in a while to keep things smooth.
    Even the Z10 had to be restarted once in a while? Man, BlackBerry got a homework to iron out the kinks...
    10-24-14 11:25 PM
    Well wasn't a battery pull on Legacy devices the best fix for most problems? Never had that issue with a Q10. I've only had Curves beforehand so it could just be that Curves were not very good

Posted via CB10
    Yup, Curves was just on par of average. But then again that's what the Curves was for: middle range smartphone.
    10-24-14 11:27 PM
    I'm not sure why you can't believe it? Very simply, your carrier is only following basic protocols provided by BlackBerry themselves. Since BBM is a native application, when issues arrive (specifically including the bold series) that would be pretty much what BlackBerry would recommend first if having issues with your device...

"It is a useful step if the BlackBerry smartphone is experiencing hardware, software, or wireless network related issues."

KB02141-Reset a BlackBerry smartphone
    Can't believe you actually gave a me link to BlackBerry's Knowledge Base page.
    How about you direct me to another technical page as well.
    I'm complaining how bad the BlackBerry service from the wireless carrier, how unstable it is for the past three weeks, pulling-off the battery is the ultimate remedy for such problem, although not elegant. But even sometimes pulling-off the battery doesn't bring back the BlackBerry service as well, there are time where I had to pull-off the battery more than once. How about that?
    Thus came the "I can't believe" expression, got it?
    10-24-14 11:37 PM
    Can't believe you actually gave a me link to BlackBerry's Knowledge Base page.
    How about you direct me to another technical page as well.

"I'm complaining how bad the BlackBerry service from the wireless carrier, how unstable it is for the past three weeks, pulling-off the battery is the ultimate remedy for such problem, although not elegant."

But even sometimes pulling-off the battery doesn't bring back the BlackBerry service as well, there are time where I had to pull-off the battery more than once. How about that?
    Thus came the "I can't believe" expression, got it?
    OK. See the quoted text within the quoted text above? That is the gist of your original post. Stated again in just a different fashion. You answered your own question just as I did. It is the service recommendation of a battery pull from the carrier. They are instructed to follow protocols provided by the BlackBerry knowledge base. That would be the first step for the "carrier" to assist you with your issue. As you stated... "pulling-off the battery is the ultimate remedy for such problem, although not elegant". So what is your issue with my reply? And why can't you believe my reply as well? You sure can't believe a lot of the reality of the situation around you...

Just because you may not like the solution of a battery pull does not mean that the solution does not work for most issues. Yes, battery pulls are still recommend. Like it or not.

Get it? Got it? Good.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 12:21 AM
    OK. See the quoted text within the quoted text above? That is the gist of your original post. Stated again in just a different fashion. You answered your own question just as I did. It is the service recommendation of a battery pull from the carrier. They are instructed to follow protocols provided by the BlackBerry knowledge base. That would be the first step for the "carrier" to assist you with your issue. As you stated... "pulling-off the battery is the ultimate remedy for such problem, although not elegant". So what is your issue with my reply? And why can't you believe my reply as well? You sure can't believe a lot of the reality of the situation around you...

Just because you may not like the solution of a battery pull does not mean that the solution does not work for most issues. Yes, battery pulls are still recommend. Like it or not.

Get it? Got it? Good.
    Whoa, where the hatred and folly came from?
    Do you read my post with hate in your heart, instead with a calm of heart? Did something awful happened to you before you read my post?
    You just want to be the person who have the last word, aren't you.

I answered my own question? It was not a question from the first place.
    Have you ever met someone who tried to share their feeling about a problem, and it all began with "Can't believe" expression? That's what my post is about, got it?

Of course I know about battery-pull to remedy any glitches, sluggish, frozen, dead-service in old BlackBerry OS 7 devices, I use one for years. You said it yourself in your post: I stated it twice, which means I know about the battery-pull already. I don't need a link to a BlackBerry's Knowledge Base, what I need is your empathy and understanding.

Just imagine yourself if you're having a conversation about your BlackBerry experienced errors and you had to pulled-off the battery many times to get it right again, then someone jumps in and refer a KB page to you. You, an advanced BlackBerry user already know about battery-pull solution, got served with a KB. Feel me?

That takes us to the "And why can't you believe my reply as well? You sure can't believe a lot of the reality of the situation around you..." Seriously, you're asking that? I used "Can't believe" expression twice, and you still don't get it. IT'S AN EXPRESSION, not a question. So to respond in kind of your aforementioned statement about me there: are you sure you have a real life situation where a friend, a relative, a co-worker, etc. who have tried sharing their dificulty started the conversation with "Can't believe" expression?

And the last one: "Yes, battery pulls are still recommend. Like it or not." I DON'T LIKE IT, now I don't know if you like it, but like I said in previous post: it's not an elegant solution and that's why I don't like it. That's why I started this conversation with "Can't believe" expression from the first place.

Got it all? No? That's disturbing. Stop this debauchery, if you do.

Oh wait, I do have a question in my original post: do this (BlackBerry service often down) happen with BlackBerry 10 devices? You're rocking a Z10, now that's what I want to know, just don't give me another KB link as answer.
    10-25-14 06:04 AM
    Whoa, where the hatred and folly came from?
    Do you read my post with hate in your heart, instead with a calm of heart? Did something awful happened to you before you read my post?
    You just want to be the person who have the last word, aren't you.

I answered my own question? It was not a question from the first place.
    Have you ever met someone who tried to share their feeling about a problem, and it all began with "Can't believe" expression? That's what my post is about, got it?

Of course I know about battery-pull to remedy any glitches, sluggish, frozen, dead-service in old BlackBerry OS 7 devices, I use one for years. You said it yourself in your post: I stated it twice, which means I know about the battery-pull already. I don't need a link to a BlackBerry's Knowledge Base, what I need is your empathy and understanding.

Just imagine yourself if you're having a conversation about your BlackBerry experienced errors and you had to pulled-off the battery many times to get it right again, then someone jumps in and refer a KB page to you. You, an advanced BlackBerry user already know about battery-pull solution, got served with a KB. Feel me?

That takes us to the "And why can't you believe my reply as well? You sure can't believe a lot of the reality of the situation around you..." Seriously, you're asking that? I used "Can't believe" expression twice, and you still don't get it. IT'S AN EXPRESSION, not a question. So to respond in kind of your aforementioned statement about me there: are you sure you have a real life situation where a friend, a relative, a co-worker, etc. who have tried sharing their dificulty started the conversation with "Can't believe" expression?

And the last one: "Yes, battery pulls are still recommend. Like it or not." I DON'T LIKE IT, now I don't know if you like it, but like I said in previous post: it's not an elegant solution and that's why I don't like it. That's why I started this conversation with "Can't believe" expression from the first place.

Got it all? No? That's disturbing. Stop this debauchery, if you do.

Oh wait, I do have a question in my original post: do this (BlackBerry service often down) happen with BlackBerry 10 devices? You're rocking a Z10, now that's what I want to know, just don't give me another KB link as answer.
    I don't know where you are coming from with this hatred stuff?!?! Reading this thread is painful. I guess you don't see all of the anger and emoticons in your own posts? Pot and Kettle. The only snarky thing I had to say was in response to your snarky "get it" comment. The rest was ALL information.

You say you can't believe battery pulls are still being recommended for your device. I explained to you that the reason they are being recommended is because that is the normal course of trouble shooting when dealing with a customer service rep. Why you can't believe this is still being recommended is beyond me. BlackBerry has not revamped your device. There is no secondary version for your device that does not require battery pulls. So, with that being said, you can come and complain about it all you want, but as long as you ask a carrier rep or anyone else for assistance, that will be the first course of action. Again, whether you like it or not.

So, you can keep complaining about it over and over again expecting different results, but that is the definition of insanity.

You may want to try to help yourself with an OS upgrade or re-installation. Other than that, every time you ask how to get back online, your first reply will be to restart or battery pull.

There is no need for your dramatics.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:55 AM
    I don't know where you are coming from with this hatred stuff?!?! Reading this thread is painful. I guess you don't see all of the anger and emoticons in your own posts? Pot and Kettle. The only snarky thing I had to say was in response to your snarky "get it" comment. The rest was ALL information.

You say you can't believe battery pulls are still being recommended for your device. I explained to you that the reason they are being recommended is because that is the normal course of trouble shooting when dealing with a customer service rep. Why you can't believe this is still being recommended is beyond me. BlackBerry has not revamped your device. There is no secondary version for your device that does not require battery pulls. So, with that being said, you can come and complain about it all you want, but as long as you ask a carrier rep or anyone else for assistance, that will be the first course of action. Again, whether you like it or not.

So, you can keep complaining about it over and over again expecting different results, but that is the definition of insanity.

You may want to try to help yourself with an OS upgrade or re-installation. Other than that, every time you ask how to get back online, your first reply will be to restart or battery pull.

There is no need for your dramatics.
    No, Mr. Smarty-pants. Reading your post in this thread is painful, you're just going round and round saying the same thing. And have you even feel the hatred in your own writing (on the previous post, not the last one)? Read it again, and try asking someone else to read and tell you about it.

The use of emoticons in my writing? Oh, you mean these emoticons: , , . What's wrong about them? The first is an angry emoticon, it's for the KB link you gave me, didn't I told you how would you feel if someone referred you a KB. Guess you don't feel me then, but even that angry emoticon is just for fun*. You're saying Pot and Kettle, but you use an angry emoticon yourself at your footnote, how about that, isn't that just for fun too. Oh, and the correct saying is: the pot calling the kettle black. (* Hint: have I ever use an exclamation mark in my posts?)
    The second is a can't-watch emoticon, there's nothing wrong with this.
    The third is the devil emoticon, isn't this one obvious? It's just for fun, everybody knows it just for teasing.
    Jeez.

The only snarky thing you say was in response to my "get it" comment, you say? Then how about this one: "You sure can't believe a lot of the reality of the situation around you..." That's not snarky enough for you? Wow.

You're saying the rest was all information, but you didn't realize you're being obnoxious. Don't you get it, you're saying the same thing over and over again. You know what, if you don't like what you've been reading so far and decided not to continue, then try reading my previous post before this one for answering every writing in your last post.

No? Still here? Okay, brace yourself it's getting rough from here on.

"You say you can't believe battery pulls are still being recommended for your device. I explained to you that the reason they are being recommended is because that is the normal course of trouble shooting when dealing with a customer service rep. Why you can't believe this is still being recommended is beyond me. BlackBerry has not revamped your device. There is no secondary version for your device that does not require battery pulls. So, with that being said, you can come and complain about it all you want, but as long as you ask a carrier rep or anyone else for assistance, that will be the first course of action. Again, whether you like it or not."
    Oh. My. God.

Did you hear yourself when you wrote that? I know a battery-pull is the ultimate recommendation from BlackBerry, and the wireless carrier just passing it along to users. I know all of that, the "Can't believe" is just an expression, got it? Holy cow, can't believe I had to explain this over and over again to you. There I used the "Can't believe" expression again, satisfied? Do you get it this time? Stop saying the same thing again and again.

Who says about BlackBerry revamping the Bold 9900? Who says anything about whether there's a secondary version of the Bold? Definetely not me, are you sure you're on the right forum thread?
    I'm not asking to a carrier rep, or anyone else (here in particular) for assistance, seriously are you absolutely sure you're not answering someone else's question post? I'm pretty sure I didn't tick the "Is this a request for help?" option box when I started this thread.

And who says about expecting different results? I didn't ask how to change it, the "Can't believe" IS JUST AN EXPRESSION. You're saying: "... that is the definition of insanity." are you sure we're not talking about you?

OS upgrade? Done that, three times. Tried also the Hybrid OS from CrackBerry Hybrid OS team here. If you carefully read my first post of this thread, I already stated the OS of my Bold 9900, it's one of the latest official OS release, doesn't get any higher than that anymore.

You're not being helpful, on the contrary you're doing the opposite. I'm expecting other BB 10 users to chime in about the BlackBerry service experience with their devices, now it's filled with your same o' same rambling about battery-pull. That's not ALL information, well that's just repetition. Oh, and by the way you're not even answering my actual question since the first post: how's the BlackBerry service on your Z10. Thanks a lot.

Again, stop this debauchery if you finally understand what I'm trying to say to you all this time. Got it?
    10-25-14 02:07 PM
    Someone needs help!

Forgot those most important meds?

You're sick, Bro.

I can't mess with you anymore.

I'm gonna walk away with my sanity.

If I tried to understand, I'd be just as looney.

Be Blessed.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 02:54 PM
    Whoaa, not so fast Mr. Smarty-pants. You think you could walk away from all of these while saying I'm sick and you're the one who's sane, don't you dare.

Someone needs help!
    Yes indeed, that someone is you.
    Hey, you're using another exclamation mark there, this is not the first time you used it. See, now who has the hatred and anger in his* heart when reading / writing these posts so far. (* Note: I hope you don't mind if I'm guessing you're a dude since you use "MADBRAD" in your name there, you're already mad from the beginning aren't you.)
    You still don't get it do you, from a simple post to those long posts, it's getting long in the tooth you know.

Forgot those most important meds?
    Don't really get this one here, perhaps you missed putting some words and lines in there. What's the "most" use for in that line, it shouldn't be used there. Oh, and maybe you forgot to put: "you usually take" at the end of that line? Try be more concise when speaking or writing, will you.

You're sick, Bro.
    Was it not you? You're like that Sheldon character in the Big Bang Theory tv show, who likes to explain the unnecessary technical details about something so simple and repeated it over and over again, even giving a link to a KB page stating the already obvious fact. Even worse, you're quoting from that KB page in your first post. The more I think about it, you speak like a tech support. If you actually work as a tech support, this would explain a lot. No wonder you're such a geek, giving me link to a KB page instead of an empathy like: "Yeah, that happens in BB OS 7, I feel you."
    Man.
    Have you read the other posts in this thread besides yours?
    And you know the worst part; you haven't even tell me how's the BlackBerry service with your Z10 ever since your first post. Maaan, you're missing the only question I asked in this thread.

I can't mess with you anymore.
    So, you do admitted it. You're just messing around with me?

I'm gonna walk away with my sanity.
    Not so fast, you're walking away without pointing out where I might wrong and calling yourself the sane one, is the same as the opposite of sanity. Mr. Smarty-pants.

If I tried to understand, I'd be just as looney.
    So, which part do you still don't understand?
    Let me explain everything from the start again, alright: that screenshot from my original post of this thread is a SMS from my wireless carrier XL Axiata, I just got the text message out of the blue. I never contacted XL Axiata or called its tech support, I just received the SMS. And then I posted the screenshot here, while saying the "Can't believe" to start the conversation, just like when someone normal trying to share their problem and dislike about something, hoping someone else experience the same thing and share it too here. And hey, whaddaya know those other posts (besides yours) feel me.
    I'm not asking how not to do battery-pull to recover the dead BlackBerry service, I'm not asking if there's another way to do it, I'm not asking if BlackBerry issued a revamped Bold 9900, I'm not asking whether there's an OS update to remedy the situation (which all of those you claimed I was asking).
    You were saying how I can't believe this and that is beyond you, I'm the one who should be saying that to you, right? Riiight?
    Got it now?
    If you still don't get it after this, I suspect you're already a looney from the start.

Be Blessed.
    Be blessed to you too "MADBRAD" from "NYC", just don't bother anybody else with links to KB pages anymore okay.
    Last edited by Joe Clean; 10-26-14 at 12:24 AM.
    10-26-14 12:13 AM
    Hark? Is someone talking to them self?
    I can't tell. It's muffled beneath a tin foil hat! Very troubled person!

Carry on...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:25 AM
    Mental illness is rampant!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:27 AM
    Hark? Is someone talking to them self?
    I can't tell. It's muffled beneath a tin foil hat! Very troubled person!

Carry on...
    Mental illness is rampant!
    Heey, look who's back.
    Look what the cat dragged in: it's "MADBRAD" from "NYC", a.k.a. Mr. Smarty-pants.
    Wow, look at those exclamation marks in your last posts. You should calm youself down a bit, have you tried listening to Zen music and a cup of tea?
    I thought you're already running away with your so-called "sanity".

So, no more battery-pull knowledge repetition? No more claiming me asking about how to change the battery-pull solution? No more effort to point out where exactly did I do wrong? Did you read all the other posts besides yours?
    I take it you've finally come to your senses and real sanity, finally repent from trying to mess around with me (which you openly admitted), finally understand what I've been trying to say to you.
    I'm glad my words finally got through your thick skull, good for you man.

You're blessed, you know. I thought we lost you for good, I was thinking of recommending you to see a good psychiatrist to deal with your strange use of "can't believe" expression in real life.
    But thank goodness at least you're done with the battery-pull, now all you need is anger management. Alas, I don't know a good doctor in that field.
    10-26-14 04:39 AM
    TL;DR. Jimmy cracked corn...

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 04:46 AM