Same problem here on my DTEK 60. Worked perfectly until this morning. I'm guessing that this also means that when I get signed back in that I will have lost all of my chats and pictures too. Awesome.
    Agreed. It's really frustrating. I swap android phones every few months so I'm used to it, but it's better than having to create a new account (which I'd have to move my paid subscription to) and then having to try to add everyone back as a contact and get added to groups by the admins (in some cases I was the admin so I can't even add myself back.)
    10-13-17 12:06 PM
    Same problem here on my DTEK 60. Worked perfectly until this morning. I'm guessing that this also means that when I get signed back in that I will have lost all of my chats and pictures too. Awesome.
    Likely yes. Initially before this happened to me, I had it set to automatically back up chat and it always did. When they sent me this update and it fixed it for me yesterday, all the chats were gone and the option to back up chats was turned off so had to turn it on again.
    10-13-17 12:55 PM
    Likely yes. Initially before this happened to me, I had it set to automatically back up chat and it always did. When they sent me this update and it fixed it for me yesterday, all the chats were gone and the option to back up chats was turned off so had to turn it on again.
    Like I said on the News comment section, I think the "update" had nothing to do with you being able to sign in again. I think it was just a coincidence - aligning with what they did for you on the back end.
    10-13-17 12:58 PM
    Like I said on the News comment section, I think the "update" had nothing to do with you being able to sign in again. I think it was just a coincidence - aligning with what they did for you on the back end.
    Right. Either way, if they have to do whatever it is they are doing with every individual ID, then this is a huge disaster.
    10-13-17 01:02 PM
    Right. Either way, if they have to do whatever it is they are doing with every individual ID, then this is a huge disaster.
    Huge disaster was in 2011 when they had outages that made your phone useless.

Might be a minor issue for a few people, but most that do still use BBM, have alternatives solutions to fall back on.
    10-13-17 01:06 PM
    Huge disaster was in 2011 when they had outages that made your phone useless.

Might be a minor issue for a few people, but most that do still use BBM, have alternatives solutions to fall back on.
    Yes they do but most won't bother contacting them and giving them their ID or log in details. They will just lose those users. And judging from here it more then a few. I doubt many have bothered to post.
    hakdaddy likes this.
    10-13-17 01:11 PM
    Yes they do but most won't bother contacting them and giving them their ID or log in details. They will just lose those users. And judging from here it more then a few. I doubt many have bothered to post.
    Exactly.

Between this and BBM's complete lack of support for iOS (terrible notification management, pictures no longer send propely, etc), now may be the time for me and all of my contacts (who only use BBM because of me) to say goodbye to BBM.
    10-13-17 01:29 PM
    Exactly.

Between this and BBM's complete lack of support for iOS (terrible notification management, pictures no longer send propely, etc), now may be the time for me and all of my contacts (who only use BBM because of me) to say goodbye to BBM.
    I'm stunned that BlackBerry wasn't able to figure out in advance that this would happen and they don't seem to care. I may say goodbye to BBM as well because of this. I would never have thought of doing this given that 30 people still actively use it because of me, but this seems to be an indication of worse things to come, not better.

I just created a new BBM account with a phone number, but then realized I'd have to re-add those 30+ people who would then be confused at my multiple accounts, ask others if I could be made an admin of groups I own (I have redundant BBM accounts as admins in those groups but those can't login either.) I'd also have to cancel my subscription and renew on this new account. While I might be willing to do all this, a few of my friends who joined BBM in the BlackBerry 10 days because of me would not.
    10-13-17 02:29 PM
    I must be receiving messages from my BBM contacts because periodically I receive a notification that says "New BBM Messages - Sign in to BBM". Of course I can't, so who knows what I'm missing. It would be REALLY bad if those messages that I can't get to are showing as delivered to my contacts. This is pathetic.
    10-13-17 02:39 PM
    Ok, so here is an interesting new twist.

I was able to use my same credentials and log into BBM Enterprise. I once paid for it and don't anymore, but apparently it's still active (BlackBerry never shut me out).

So could this be it? An active Enterprise account gets you locked out of EMTEK BBM?

I wouldn't care, but BBM Enterprise only has multi-person chats and not Enhanced Groups.
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-13-17 02:41 PM

I was able to use my same credentials and log into BBM Enterprise. I once paid for it and don't anymore, but apparently it's still active (BlackBerry never shut me out).

So could this be it? An active Enterprise account gets you locked out of EMTEK BBM?

I wouldn't care, but BBM Enterprise only has multi-person chats and not Enhanced Groups.
    Can't imagine this is the case as I've never had an enterprise account except for the BBM Meetings thing someone mentioned earlier. And I did try to log into enterprise BBM just to see if the fix that was mentioned here on another thread would work. It didn't work and it didn't let me log in to enterprise either although it tried and said I don't have enterprise access.

But if what you say is the case then it's BlackBerry that completely dropped the ball by keeping these accounts tied to their enterprise stuff when they shouldn't be.
    10-13-17 03:01 PM
    Can't imagine this is the case as I've never had an enterprise account except for the BBM Meetings thing someone mentioned earlier. And I did try to log into enterprise BBM just to see if the fix that was mentioned here on another thread would work. It didn't work and it didn't let me log in to enterprise either although it tried and said I don't have enterprise access.

But if what you say is the case then it's BlackBerry that completely dropped the ball by keeping these accounts tied to their enterprise stuff when they shouldn't be.
    You seem to be the only one to have the problem resolved, so I'm not sure if you had the same issue as everyone else.

It will be interesting to see from others chiming in.

As far as laying blame, I can't really say. The Emtek system didn't seem to care about the issue two days ago. One should be able to switch back and forth if they so choose, no?
    10-13-17 03:08 PM
    You seem to be the only one to have the problem resolved, so I'm not sure if you had the same issue as everyone else.

It will be interesting to see from others chiming in.

As far as laying blame, I can't really say. The Emtek system didn't seem to care about the issue two days ago. One should be able to switch back and forth if they so choose, no?
    Check my initial threads started Wed night. I had the exact same issue and errors as everyone. I have even directed 2 people I was dealing with to these threads.

I was just lucky enough to have contact with a person at EMTEK. I gave them my log in details as well as screen shots of the log in screen. It still took over 24 hours for them to get it fixed.

And since they are asking for people ID's, leads me to believe they may have to fix it with each ID. Hence why many haven't had theirs fixed yet. I was in contact with Emtek a day before everyone in here and direct contact with their senior Beta manager for BBM.
    10-13-17 03:23 PM
    Check my initial threads started Wed night. I had the exact same issue and errors as everyone. I have even directed 2 people I was dealing with to these threads.

I was just lucky enough to have contact with a person at EMTEK. I gave them my log in details as well as screen shots of the log in screen. It still took over 24 hours for them to get it fixed.

And since they are asking for people ID's, leads me to believe they may have to fix it with each ID. Hence why many haven't had theirs fixed yet. I was in contact with Emtek a day before everyone in here and direct contact with their senior Beta manager for BBM.
    There seems to be a laundry list of BBM log ins that are being rejected.
    Last edited by conite; 10-13-17 at 04:20 PM.
    10-13-17 03:30 PM
    I now know a second person who had an active BBM Enterprise account (unbeknownst to him) and was able to log in there.
    10-13-17 04:20 PM
    I now know a second person who had an active BBM Enterprise account (unbeknownst to him) and was able to log in there.
    I don't think anyone was denying that could be a cause but there are also many who have never had an enterprise account with this issues.
    10-13-17 04:42 PM
    I don't think anyone was denying that could be a cause but there are also many who have never had an enterprise account with this issues.
    I also had a previous BBM Meetings account (I may have tried in the past to create an Enterprise BBM account but can't remember). If there's a fix from Emtek that involves them needing my BBM email address, I'd happily send it their way to get this fixed. I have a BBM Group that I cannot access anymore and I'm the Admin, so others can't re-add me. If someone knows who to contact, please post it here for those who are also having troubles. I don't think it's a huge numbers of users, but for those it is affecting, it's likely the people that rely on and still use BBM regularly.
    10-13-17 07:08 PM
    This issue also seems to be affecting newly created BBID's that are being created on BBM Android/iOS. It's not just older BBID's that ran on BB10/OS. Probably pythian didn't look into post migration issues & hence this outage. It's a good thing BBM is not as popular like Twitter or WhatsApp lol.
    10-14-17 12:19 AM

I was able to reproduce it. It is working for me. So there is the error.
    10-14-17 02:50 AM

I also was able to log in through Enterprise, but still not standard.
    10-14-17 03:20 AM
    Same problem here. I opened a support ticket yesterday, but haven't been contacted by a person yet. Only got the automated response saying my email was received. I'm surprised we haven't heard an official statement from emtek yet. I hope this gets resolved soon.
    hakdaddy likes this.
    10-14-17 03:29 AM
    Same problem here. I opened a support ticket yesterday, but haven't been contacted by a person yet. Only got the automated response saying my email was received. I'm surprised we haven't heard an official statement from emtek yet. I hope this gets resolved soon.
    Same here.
    hakdaddy likes this.
    10-14-17 03:31 AM
    Looks like BBM is doing the same to me. Glad I'm not alone and BBM isn't the only way I communicate.
    10-14-17 03:38 AM
    It would appear that anyone who had/has a BBM Enterprise or Meetings account is affected.

It is my understanding that BlackBerry has already diagnosed this problem and a fix is imminent.
    10-14-17 07:28 AM
    How did you open a support ticket? Can you send the email or link? Having trouble figuring out how/who to contact.
    10-14-17 07:31 AM
82 1234