Well, I'm still waiting to get to the 'front of the line' for BBM (it's been a day so far... should I be worried?)

But, I was wondering if I could use my old BB ID from when I was using a BlackBerry to reactivate my BBM and get my old contacts back.

Best,
    Sam
    10-22-13 12:40 PM
    Yes, you can.

Is the email from your BBID the same one you used for your iOS BBM sign-up?
    10-22-13 12:45 PM
    I'm fairly confident my gf used the same email for her BBID that she used when she signed up last night on her iPhone. Been about 20 hours and still hasn't received an email...I'm assuming they still have her BBID/username in some database - she converted to iPhone like 3/4 months ago.
    10-22-13 01:06 PM
    Yes, you can.

Is the email from your BBID the same one you used for your iOS BBM sign-up?
    Yes it is.

Hopefully it will work! Still waiting on the email to activate!
    10-22-13 01:09 PM
    I'm fairly confident my gf used the same email for her BBID that she used when she signed up last night on her iPhone. Been about 20 hours and still hasn't received an email...I'm assuming they still have her BBID/username in some database - she converted to iPhone like 3/4 months ago.
    20 hours seems long. I got email confirmations (multiple accounts) within about 3-4 hours. Bla1ze posted a way around the email screen, might be worth a shot? Good luck.

Bypass the waiting list for BBM on Android and iOS | CrackBerry.com
    10-22-13 01:09 PM
    Cool. Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten the confirmation quickly
    10-22-13 01:11 PM
    20 hours seems long. I got email confirmations (multiple accounts) within about 3-4 hours. Bla1ze posted a way around the email screen, might be worth a shot? Good luck.

Bypass the waiting list for BBM on Android and iOS | CrackBerry.com
    Tried that last night with no success. Guess my gf will just have to wait it out a little longer.
    Thanks though.
    10-22-13 01:23 PM
    Cool. Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten the confirmation quickly
    Hopefully they'll get some emails out quickly. They should have some filter going for people who are trying to register with an email address that already belongs to a BBID. At least for my gf's case that would apply. She's only had her iPhone for 3/4 months. Anyone who tries registering with an email address that is linked to an already existing BBID that has been active within the last year or 6 months should get an automatic email granting full functionality. Sounds like it would make sense and wouldn't be too hard but who knows what kind of operations their running.
    10-22-13 01:27 PM