Hi Friends,

I have both Blackberry phone and a Android phone. And i am glad to know that BBM is coming for Android in couple of days.
    This is a good step from blackberry towards connecting people together.

I have my email id already assigned for Blackberry ID which i am currently using on my blackberry device. So it possible for us to use the same assigned blackberry ID on the BBM for Android. Or we have to make a new one for the BBM on Android.

Friends please advise on the same.

Regards.
    09-19-13 12:54 AM
    Yes but if you do, the BBM on your BlackBerry will no longer work (Well, it'll still work but you'll be signed out) because you can't have two BBID's logged in. All your contacts from your BlackBerry will transfer to your Android device and if you initiate that same BBID back on your BlackBerry, it will then populate it and log you out of the Android one. Long story short, if you want BBM on both devices you'll need two BBID's to log into.
    jcraig, Hydir66, Dhriab and 4 others like this.
    09-19-13 12:56 AM
    Yes but if you do, the BBM on your BlackBerry will no longer work (Well, it'll still work but you'll be signed out) because you can't have two BBID's logged in. All your contacts from your BlackBerry will transfer to your Android device and if you initiate that same BBID back on your BlackBerry, it will then populate it and log you out of the Android one. Long story short, if you want BBM on both devices you'll need two BBID's to log into.
    That's also what I expect.

Really looking forward to have multiple BBM's running in sync across multiple devices.
    Maybe... when ... if ... BBM .. desktop ... :-o
    09-19-13 01:26 AM
    I likes this ides of BBM running in synchronized on across multiple devices. That would help us to have one Blackberry ID managing BBM across multiple devices.
    Do you think its possible...
    09-19-13 01:40 AM
    It is a WISH but if only they will make a desktop messenger too... that will be pretty awesome!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:16 AM
    Sir, if i registered the same Blackberry ID (which i am using for blackberry devices currently) for BBM on Android, will it generate different BBM pin or the pin will remain the same which is on my blackberry and if a different unique pin is generated, then the problem of 'log out' will be solved right.
    09-19-13 04:06 AM
    Pin is based on device indeed.

I don't think you can register an second id with same email

I will try

I'm not allowed to post my pin in my signature anymore...
    09-19-13 04:07 AM
    Gives an error when creating new id with same email.

Signing in with existing bbid I can't test at this moment

I'm not allowed to post my pin in my signature anymore...
    09-19-13 04:15 AM
    From a security point of view I can see why the single session works out better, unless they can introduce two factor authentication

When second phone signs in it request permission from the first signed in device in the form of a permissions screen being popped up on the first device.

Remember that blackberry is a proud company when it comes to security and the enterprise and government endorsements are their bread and butter.

Can you imagine if BBM were to get hacked for allow a handful of users the convienance to hack / clone sign in to another's BBM account?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 06:13 AM
    Actually that sounds about right.

If you log into your BlackBerry then you should get active chats and incoming messages there. If you then sign into BBM on a different device, your active chats should come over and all of the subsequent messages should only come to the logged in device.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 01:19 PM
    So, I used to have Blackberry device. Still access my bbm account online and updated my password.
    When bbm for ios is available will all my contacts get ported over to my my bbm for ios app? Or will I have to request all my old bbm friends again?
    Thanks

Actually that sounds about right.

If you log into your BlackBerry then you should get active chats and incoming messages there. If you then sign into BBM on a different device, your active chats should come over and all of the subsequent messages should only come to the logged in device.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:39 PM
    So, I used to have Blackberry device. Still access my bbm account online and updated my password.
    When bbm for ios is available will all my contacts get ported over to my my bbm for ios app? Or will I have to request all my old bbm friends again?
    Thanks
    Your contacts are transferred to your BBM for iOS if you are logged in w/ the same BlackBerryID. Just tested it.

Posted via CB10
    Zedi Master likes this.
    09-26-13 05:36 PM
    So after migrate to android, my bb will be no functional?

when I have finish migrating, i have tried to create new bb id and change the bb id in my old bb phone.

but when i check in my bbm android, the user email is also change following new id.

is it possible to set the old bb use new bb id but the bbm android will be using old bb id?

any suggestion?

thanks
    11-09-13 09:58 AM
    Has anyone performed the switch from BBM on blackberry to Android then back to blackberry?

How doesn't BBM on BB10 allow you to log back in? I don't see any option for this in Bb10.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 03:00 AM
    Has anyone performed the switch from BBM on blackberry to Android then back to blackberry?

How doesn't BBM on BB10 allow you to log back in? I don't see any option for this in Bb10.

Posted via CB10
    I just loaded BBM onto my Kindle, and used my BBID from my Q10. All of my contacts imported, and I got a confirmation message asking if I wanted to switch devices. I said yes, and it all went smoothly. I then picked up my Q10, opened BBM, and logged in there with my BBID. The android app on my Kindle closed, and all of my contacts repopulated into my Q10 without issue. So it DOES allow you to log back in, and apparently you can switch between devices freely and repeatedly.
    11-18-13 09:49 AM
    Thank you. That's wonderful to hear!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:27 AM
    I've BlackBerry Z10 for my BlackBerry phone and i've Android phone that I use BBM Apk in there too.. So I have six Apk that has been installed and all BBM Apk in my android is work well. All worked and i put new ID and new email per each BBM. I worried that if i put the same ID for all BBM App i think it would be error or slowly so i dont take risk.. I feel like have 7 BlackBerry Phones right now LMAO (to honest I just only have two phones)

Posted by Refan's Family
    11-22-13 04:21 PM
    Hello,
    I recently switched from a blackberry device to an android phone. I have tried to register a new ID with the old BB but to no avail. This is because only two options get to pop-up on the screen when i open BBM: 'Device switch' or 'Cancel'

Please advice how i can fix this issue,
    Cheers.
    12-14-13 06:21 AM
    Hello,
    I recently switched from a blackberry device to an android phone. I have tried to register a new ID with the old BB but to no avail. This is because only two options get to pop-up on the screen when i open BBM: 'Device switch' or 'Cancel'

Please advice how i can fix this issue,
    Cheers.
    To change the actual ID on BlackBerry device you need to secure wipe it and go through the setup. The BBID username is typically your email address and your email address can ONLY be associated with ONE BBID account.
    Jasmine O likes this.
    12-14-13 07:23 AM
    But how do i wipe it and go through the setup? As i said earlier, when i click the BBM icon, all i see is a blue screen saying my bb is associated with another device, and gives two options of "Device switch' and 'Cancel' which exits the page. There is no option for say a sign out.
    12-14-13 08:26 AM
    I log in my [email protected] in Blackberry 9790, Blackberry 9900 and I have BB Pins. Then BBM came for the Android and I login to BBM in my HTC One with same email ID and now i have 3 different PIN with same account.
    12-29-13 04:02 AM
    Ok what I have read is confused.
    Some people can switch between Android and Blackberry and some are having trouble.
    I have a Z10 and S4, I would like to switch between both of them using the same ID.
    Can this be done?
    12-31-13 08:43 AM
    Ok what I have read is confused.
    Some people can switch between Android and Blackberry and some are having trouble.
    I have a Z10 and S4, I would like to switch between both of them using the same ID.
    Can this be done?
    You can switch it .. login ur bbid and it will load and ask you Switch BBM jus tap on it and boom! Your switched!

Sent from my SM-N900 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-31-13 08:50 AM
    You can switch it .. login ur bbid and it will load and ask you Switch BBM jus tap on it and boom! Your switched!

Then I can go back to my BB and do the same thing?
    12-31-13 09:01 AM
    Then I can go back to my BB and do the same thing?
    Yes the same again.

12-31-13 09:18 AM
34 12