Hi; I am new to the forum and new to the iPhone 6 and android world and could use some insight

I have a nexus 5 running 4.4.4 and was wondering if I were to bbm someone having an iPhone 6 or 5 or 4 would the messages show on my end as delivered (blue d) on my android if the iPhone is turned off because it is being repaired or out of battery. ?

My understanding is that the iPhone has to be on an connected to WiFi or a data network with the bbm app running in the background or actively running to see the blue d on my android . Please correct
    Me if am wrong here
    01-06-15 11:26 AM
    Hi; I am new to the forum and new to the iPhone 6 and android world and could use some insight

I have a nexus 5 running 4.4.4 and was wondering if I were to bbm someone having an iPhone 6 or 5 or 4 would the messages show on my end as delivered (blue d) on my android if the iPhone is turned off because it is being repaired or out of battery. ?

My understanding is that the iPhone has to be on an connected to WiFi or a data network with the bbm app running in the background or actively running to see the blue d on my android . Please correct
    Me if am wrong here
    I believe all devices should work the same.
    Blue circle with D means it made it to the phone.
    Green circle with R means it's read.
    Grey Circle means the phone never received it.

In some case if Iphoner's or Android Users have older versions of BBM you will still see Grey circle even if it made it to the device. Will only show D once the app is opened

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 12:15 PM

Me if am wrong here
    The D will only show if the phone is connected to Wifi or mobile data, and obviously it has to be switched on.

In most cases though, the iPhone terminates the app ONLY if it's been sitting in the background for a long time OR has been closed from the background, which causes the D to not show on the senders phone, even though it is delivered on the iPhone

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:48 AM