iPhone would be on BBMe now of course. Since both devices would now be routed through BlackBerry's infrastructure now, can we switch back and forth between iPhone and BB10 now?

My goal is on the days I feel like running iPhone, that I can just login with the same ID so my contacts will never see any difference

Anyone tried this yet? I don't want to try logging in to iPhone with my BB10 ID in case that gets permanently switched over and I don't want to create a new one on iPhone and move that over to BB10 as that would wipe the phone, I think.
    06-18-19 05:34 PM
    In theory you can, but you will have issues with message delays and contacts. Honestly I wouldnt advice it.
    06-18-19 05:59 PM
    My goal is on the days I feel like running iPhone, that I can just login with the same ID so my contacts will never see any difference
    It does work like explained in post # 2, but your contacts will notice every time you log into BBMe - it creates a feed item about security keys have been updated.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-19 06:14 PM
    What do you mean it works like explained in #2 ? As in yes it works or yes it works with wonky delays and contact issues? What exactly are these issues and how much delay?

I've noticed that ever since my contacts switched to BBMe, that my own switching between different BB10 devices has gotten _more_ reliable. Unlike before, it switches everytime and ports my contacts over. It used to screw up the switch often so that my contacts messages get re-routed to the previous phone.

As long as it doesn't lock my ID out of BB10 and I can come back, then I'm fine with it. I don't like to dual-carry so if it works then that's a better solution.
    06-18-19 10:54 PM
    What do you mean it works like explained in #2 ? As in yes it works or yes it works with wonky delays and contact issues? What exactly are these issues and how much delay?

I've noticed that ever since my contacts switched to BBMe, that my own switching between different BB10 devices has gotten _more_ reliable. Unlike before, it switches everytime and ports my contacts over. It used to screw up the switch often so that my contacts messages get re-routed to the previous phone.

As long as it doesn't lock my ID out of BB10 and I can come back, then I'm fine with it. I don't like to dual-carry so if it works then that's a better solution.
    I mean, I've only switched back and forth a few times - maybe someone who switches regularly can chime in. What I noticed is that chats on BB10 with BBMe contacts would dissappear when I switch to BBMe and then back, and also, contacts that were invited while on BBMe are then listed separately when you switch back to BB10.
    As for message delays I haven't experimented enough to say I guess.
    I know @CrackPriv does it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-19 06:37 AM
    Ah ok thanks, looks like it's worth a try. On a similar note, if I can switch between BB10 BBM and BBMe, what happens if I try logging into BBM desktop while on BB10?
    06-19-19 11:39 AM
    Ah ok thanks, looks like it's worth a try. On a similar note, if I can switch between BB10 BBM and BBMe, what happens if I try logging into BBM desktop while on BB10?
    I haven't tried, but I'm assuming you'd get kicked out on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-19 11:48 AM