Hi guys, new here. Just happened to delete BBM as I'm busy with my school assignments and it's a lot of distraction.
    I would like to have some answers on the following:
    1) Would my contacts see my name disappear on the list of contacts, or will I still be there but unreachable?
    2) When I re-install the app, would I see all the messages that I missed while I had the app uninstalled?
    3) When I get a message while not having the app, will I get informed by an email or any sort of contact details that I have received a message from someone?

Please note I'm asking about the latest version of BBM, the one were you could retract messages.Thanks for the help in advance
    11-24-14 09:59 AM
    1) Your name will be there but unreachable
    2) You most likely won't see the messages especially if they're really old. Maybe some more recent ones closer to when you reinstall
    3) No message notification, you have to have the app installed to know.
    11-24-14 10:09 AM
    1) Would my contacts see my name disappear on the list of contacts, or will I still be there but unreachable?
    The message will be sent and remain on the server not delievered to you.

2) When I re-install the app, would I see all the messages that I missed while I had the app uninstalled?
    Not sure. I think it would depend on the amount of time you remained off and how long BB will keep them on the servers for.

3) When I get a message while not having the app, will I get informed by an email or any sort of contact details that I have received a message from someone?
    Nope not at all.
    11-24-14 10:09 AM
    Hi guys, new here. Just happened to delete BBM as I'm busy with my school assignments and it's a lot of distraction.
    I would like to have some answers on the following:

Please note I'm asking about the latest version of BBM, the one were you could retract messages.Thanks for the help in advance
    Hmm... How did you delete the app? Are you on Android or IOS?

Deletion of the App will only show your contacts that you are offline. You have not lost any of them either (when you re-install you'll be back to where you were ). You won't necessarily get your messages that you missed : They are only stored for a little while before the servers give up. Because you've nuked the app you will not get any indication that you have messages or new contact requests.

It might have been easier for you to put yourself as "away" or "offline" or "do not disturb" rather than deleting the app itself. Just saying.
    Or develop some will power (in your case "Wontpower" as in "I won't be distracted").

Make sure you delete Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, and Reddit as well ;-)
    11-24-14 10:12 AM