Hi all,
    I am reporting this and hope to get some help from you guys.

After recent BBM launch, I got some new contacts. One of them (must be a mindless one who had too much time to kill) decided to put BBM group chat(note, not in BBM group) into a pressure test, by inviting over 100 people into a single chat session.

1) This instantly made everyone suffer from system slowdown and notification bombing.

2) Even worse is that no one can leave the chat! I mean when u choose to end the chat, it's still there. You can also see people leaving and reentering the chat, though everyone is complaining that they are trying to quit!

3) I can just turn off the notification, but it's draining my battery! WTF. Now everyone of us (>100) has agreed not to do anything to it just in order not to generate new messages!

4) My device is Q10 with 10.2.0.424. This means this thing stuck in my HUB, with not only one, but 3 entries(cannot be deleted)! And I believe those 100 people have various devices / systems. We are all suffering.

OK, my questions are 1) is it a BBM bug? 2) how can we get rid of it?

Thanks everyone's input.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 02:38 AM
    It's not a group chat, you just gotta keep on deleting the chat, and remove the silly person who started it from your contact list. I know it's stupid. And there is not much you can do.

Edit: it's called multi person chat.
    10-26-13 04:00 AM
    It's not a group chat, you just gotta keep on deleting the chat, and remove the silly person who started it from your contact list. I know it's stupid. And there is not much you can do.

Edit: it's called multi person chat.
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. And yes, I meant multi people chat.

I think I have removed the guy from my contact. And while nobody is doing anything, I can delete this entry.

BUT STILL, it pops up from time to time. I suspect it would be activated once someone on the list send me a BBM message.

I cannot remove all those who were in the list from my contacts, there were like 100s of them!

Gees, what's wrong?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:53 PM
    Does anyone know how to remove a group from the hub when you're no longer in the group? I've asked to be invited back and changed the settings to take the group out but the old chat is still in my hub.
    Advice?

I'm on 10.2.0.1791 official.

(Mods, if this is the wrong thread, please move it. Thanks)
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-28-13 03:16 PM
    Does anyone know how to remove a group from the hub when you're no longer in the group? I've asked to be invited back and changed the settings to take the group out but the old chat is still in my hub.
    Advice?

I'm on 10.2.0.1791 official.

(Mods, if this is the wrong thread, please move it. Thanks)
    THIS?! I need this as well. Have a deleted group stuck in BBM/HUB. Can't delete it. Is there a fix?
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-02-13 05:55 PM
    Is there a picture? Delete that.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:30 PM
    THIS?! I need this as well. Have a deleted group stuck in BBM/HUB. Can't delete it. Is there a fix?
    Haven't found a fix yet; even after a wipe, the stuck ones come back.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-06-13 06:24 PM
    Did you try deleting any posted pic in the group?

Haven't found a fix yet; even after a wipe, the stuck ones come back.
    11-06-13 06:44 PM
    Did you try deleting any posted pic in the group?
    The groups that are stuck in the hub aren't ones I'm in, either I left or they got deleted. They're 'ghost' conversations.

So I can't delete pics from those groups.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-06-13 06:50 PM