Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    im writing this from KSA- Saudi arabia.
    BB10 does not use any server. its requirements are same as whatsapp. No BIS server needed for bb10.

check out the monthly cost for both from same operator.
    No wonder BlackBerry failed by its own marketing.

BlackBerry unrealistic packages in KSA-img_20140913_152356.png
    BlackBerry unrealistic packages in KSA-img_20140913_152436.png

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 07:28 AM
    im writing this from KSA- Saudi arabia.
    BB10 does not use any server. its requirements are same as whatsapp. No BIS server needed for bb10.

check out the monthly cost for both from same operator.
    No wonder BlackBerry failed by its own marketing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140913_152356.png 
Views:	909 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	297572

Name:	IMG_20140913_152436.png 
Views:	1299 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	297573

Posted via CB10
    Obviously it's not using its own server anymore because it has been all about data just like android or Ios users. No more BIS for BB10 since March'13.

1st all. You're comparing an IM against an OS. Totally different category.
    You should compare BB10 data package with other packages from KSA.
    Does it have particular package for iOs or Android phones?

2nd, with that BB10 package you get to browse internet and download movies, songs and apps.
    Obviously it's more expensive than a compressed video or audio in an IM.

3rd, I don't think data packages are priced by BlackBerry. You should ask KSA about the pricing.

With due diligence from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.1154
    syah iejam likes this.
    09-13-14 07:51 AM
    Huyyo. Hebat jafrul speaking. Hehe

White z10
    09-13-14 08:14 AM
    With due respect.

1- comparing whatsapp to BBM is what I meant.

2- if whatsapp cost SR20 per month unlimited then why should user pay SR 79 to get BBM + 1GB net? are they not using BBM name to force people to pay for 1GB? At the end people opt whatsapp which is 4 times less cheaper. who loses the market? BlackBerry loses.
    so it is for BlackBerry to fight their stance thru media and educate people.

3- different operators are simply giving SR30 per month for 2GB data plus phone service.

To gain back market BlackBerry has to clarify that BIS is no longer needed for Bb10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 01:25 PM
    With due respect.

2- if whatsapp cost SR20 per month unlimited then why should user pay SR 79 to get BBM + 1GB net? are they not using BBM name to force people to pay for 1GB? At the end people opt whatsapp which is 4 times less cheaper. who loses the market? BlackBerry loses.

3- different operators are simply giving SR30 per month for 2GB data plus phone service.

To gain back market BlackBerry has to clarify that BIS is no longer needed for Bb10 phones.

Posted via CB10

Name:	IMG_20140913_152436.png 
Views:	1299 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	297573

No where on the picture it says BBM only. It says BlackBerry 10 data package.
    Which means internet browsing as well.
    Whatsapp doesn't include internet browsing.
    And it does says 'IN ADDITION to unlimited BBM service'.

Why do I have a feeling this is a troll Q? Duh...

With due diligence from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.1154
    09-14-14 09:31 AM
    With due respect.

Posted via CB10
    It's clear that BIS is no longer needed... if carriers say otherwise well they are at fault...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-14-14 10:10 AM
    just coz you don't get it, someone becomes a troll. tsk tsk.

it is pretty clear. the operator is fixing BBM to a browsing package which is no longer a must for Bb10. They are fooling users in KSA.

before bb10 they were charging 79 per month as BIS was needed. but even after BIS is not needed they are charging same.

. while at the same time offer whatsapp at 20 per month without any attached browsing package.

thats called unfair competition between two IM, and in this case BBM loses coz of high end cost per month (even if they don't want 1GB browsing they have to pay for it)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by subclavian; 09-14-14 at 12:43 PM.
    09-14-14 12:33 PM

it is pretty clear. the operator is fixing BBM to a browsing package which is no longer a must for Bb10. They are fooling users in KSA.

before bb10 they were charging 79 per month as BIS was needed. but even after BIS is not needed they are charging same.

. while at the same time offer whatsapp at 20 per month without any attached browsing package.

thats called unfair competition between two IM, and in this case BBM loses coz of high end cost per month (even if they don't want 1GB browsing they have to pay for it)

Posted via CB10
    So send your complaint to the carrier.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-14-14 01:03 PM
    Yes subclavian is right it's juts not KSA most of the place like India too its described as whatsapp standalone and bbm+data they dont have standalone bbm palns

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 02:25 PM
    Believe it or not, BB10 still needs access to BlackBerry servers, but only for BlackBerry-specific services (BBM, BlackBerry World, Protect, etc). And yes, carriers can provision their network so they a BlackBerry plan is required to access those services on their network. The difference is that, back on pre-BB10 devices, BIS would ONLY work if you had a BlackBerry plan from your carrier, even if you could connect to a wifi network. Nowadays, even if you don't have any data plan at all, you can still use wifi and connect to the BlackBerry servers.

Long story short,... it's up to your carriers, not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn and syah iejam like this.
    09-14-14 02:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why do you care about what's advertised? I live in KSA and since I got my Z10 I never used those packages, I use normal data packages that are used by IOS and Android and you get to choose whatever data you want from 150 MB to unlimited per month.

Also, Zain had an offer for BBM users, I don't remember the offer but it was something like 20 Riyals per month for BBM only, it was just a month ago I think.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:41 PM
    Why do you care about what's advertised? I live in KSA and since I got my Z10 I never used those packages, I use normal data packages that are used by IOS and Android and you get to choose whatever data you want from 150 MB to unlimited per month.

Also, Zain had an offer for BBM users, I don't remember the offer but it was something like 20 Riyals per month for BBM only, it was just a month ago I think.

Posted via CB10
    I care for BlackBerry. BlackBerry is systemically discouraged by bundling high costs subscription with it.

sure u can buy 150MB package separately but can u compare the cost to the cost of unlimited whatsapp package?

"BB10 does not need monthly subscriptions anymore".. spreading this fact to people is the responsibility of BlackBerry . Operators don't care even if bbm shuts down.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 10:31 AM