Exciting news! An update to the BlackBerry� Tablet OS is coming to the BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet this week. BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.3 brings a bunch of new features to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, including a Video Chat application and BBM� support via BlackBerry� Bridge�, so we�ve compiled a list of important need-to-know facts and tips so you can take advantage of these features right after you install the update. Let�s get started!

BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat

The Video Chat application enables video and voice over Wi-Fi calling between BlackBerry PlayBook tablets in peer-to-peer or enterprise environments using your BlackBerry� ID profile. Here are some of the features I�m really excited about:

� One-Click Calls � With just one click you can make a call from your Video Chat contact list, log of recent calls or simply by entering the BlackBerry ID email address of the person you want to call.
    � Incoming Call Notifications � You will receive a notification pop-up when a new video call comes in, allowing you to accept the call as either a video or voice call, or decline the call. For those quiet moments � such as when you�re watching a movie, playing a game or listening to music � you will also have the ability to simply set the �Do Not Disturb� option and the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will automatically ignore all incoming calls.
    � Powerful In-Call Functions � By using the picture-in-picture function you can easily preview what your camera is seeing prior to placing the call to see the video feed you will be sending. You can also easily switch cameras from front to rear so your friends can see what you see, and for private moments you can mute/unmute audio or make or take calls using voice only.
    � Friends List � BlackBerry PlayBook Video Chat comes complete with a Friends List for maintaining your contacts. A friendly name and a picture can easily be added to a contact to personalize the entry and a Call Log makes it simple to keep track of who called, as well as when and what calls were missed. Friends are added using their BlackBerry ID profile.
    � Video Chat Multitasking � Thanks to the power of the BlackBerry Tablet OS and its true multitasking capabilities, video and voice over Wi-Fi chats can continue running in the background while you interact with other applications.
    � HDMI Video Chat � In addition to chatting using the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet�s high-resolution screen, Video Chat supports HDMI output when in �Mirror Mode�, allowing you to output what is on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet�s screen to a larger HD television or monitor.

BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS v1.0.3 Update – Video Chat, BBM, and More! �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog
    05-02-11 03:24 PM
    05-02-11 03:25 PM
    thanks for the newsflash
    05-02-11 03:25 PM
    sorry...missed it
    05-02-11 03:26 PM
    I got the video chat update, but not the BBM?

I'm working on build 1.03.1868

Could the fact i'm in the UK have something to do with this?
    05-11-11 02:29 PM

What version of blackberry bridge do you have installed on your torch?
    05-11-11 02:35 PM

its all in that update, if you have nothing on your pb try doing a security wipe and try again, its possible you being in the UK could have something to do with it but i doubt it.

otherwise you got me all excited there'd be a software update when its really the old one -.-'
    05-11-11 02:54 PM
    Just updated it to 1.0.0.83
    05-11-11 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD