I got my BlackBerry Classic on the 26th so only had it a few days. Did the update and all. But my BBM won't go pass the setup where it tries to associate your BBM with your blackberry ID. I cant uninstall and reinstall and dunno how to reset it. I also updated BBM. Any advice BTW I love my phone would gotten the passport but not on my carrier but this one is Awesome

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:50 AM
    I just wiped my passport to clean it up and start over and now my Bbm Is also stuck on this screen! Awwww. I've tried everything including restart and open it on wifi or cell data

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 08:08 AM
    Maybe I should restart and start over.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 08:33 AM
    Sucks cuz I wanted to use it

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 08:33 AM
    Ugh. I tried everything. From wiping and starting over to rebooting soft and hard. If have no idea what to do next besides create a new bbid

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 12:28 PM
    BTW Classic is a great phone! Hope you enjoy it!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 12:29 PM
    Did creating a new I'd work. I'm thinking bout the same thing. I havent had a black berry since the bold 9500 I believe it was. Been watching blackberry for years. Feel like I came home lol. And having Google play is a Bonus as well

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:25 PM
    any resolution? i just wiped my passport and its also not starting up. ive tried wiping and running an autoloader for an older os, tried updating bbm, tried setting bbm up on an older device. nothing works
    08-29-15 09:35 PM
    any resolution? i just wiped my passport and its also not starting up. ive tried wiping and running an autoloader for an older os, tried updating bbm, tried setting bbm up on an older device. nothing works
    Not yet. I've tried everything except an autoloader because they don't have autoloader for macs.

Only resolution until BlackBerry fixes the bug is a new bbid I think. Obviously that's unacceptable if you have a bunch of contacts because you'd lose them.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 12:42 AM
    I hope they fix it soon. I haven't had my phone long. Only 4 days and haven't been able to use it since day one. But everything else is good

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 12:51 AM
    @eden do you have a lot of contacts on BBM? Honestly until it's fixed the best solution I can think of is to wipe u our phone then setup a different bbid when you start it up.

I can't do that since I have a ton of contacts and groups setup but if u out don't, it might be an option.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 09:40 AM
    I fixed it!! (no thanks to BlackBerry support of course).

Basically what I did was use the latest 'official ' autoloader to reload the os. Then do a security wipe then kept restarting the phone until I got the screen that asked me if I wanted to switch Bbm devices. Boom! It took awhile (about an hour maybe?) To copy over my Bbm info but now I'm golden!!! Using my passport again!

Try to restart your phone until Bbm migration works!!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 02:02 PM
    Blackberry classic BBM stuck on Setup-img_20150910_002016.png

So this is the screen that ever one is talking about?

Damn.

I will give it a try. Thanks

The worst part is before I upgraded the Passport I did a backup but the full backup didn't take or at least is is not reloading ALL the content that it should have. Seems odd actually.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:07 AM
    Yup. That's the screen of death. Just loads and loads. Sucks.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 05:49 PM
    Well I checked it today and it came up lol. So now I just need contacts. Guess it was some issue they were having.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 09:00 PM
    Well I checked it today and it came up lol. So now I just need contacts. Guess it was some issue they were having.

Posted via CB10
    Really weird. BlackBerry support told me bits a hardware issue with my passport and I should try to exchange it under the warranty program.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 11:21 PM