I'm gay..... I love BBM the way it is...... sorry......

Posted via Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z10 powered by 10.2.(latest Leak)
    Oddsocket and bungaboy like this.
    11-03-13 10:40 AM
    I do not think it is ugly and I don't belong to any cults. Some people like simplicity in looks. It is a matter of taste. Less is more. What I care about are reliability, privacy and functionality which I hope they continue to improve and master in these areas.
    11-03-13 10:46 AM
    yes everyone has their own preference and op you entitled to your opinion and we also have our own preference

waiting for Z30
    11-03-13 10:55 AM
    I'm gay..... I love BBM the way it is...... sorry......

Posted via Lilly's hand stitched Frankensteined Z10 powered by 10.2.(latest Leak)
    You don't need to be sorry. I made that comment because, not only in this thread, I have in the past been associated with little girls and gays and women, and all manner of other segments of our society. I don't think being gay predisposes anyone to liking anything in particular. I'm sure you will agree with this. I'm not really a fan of such language.

Posted via CB10
    Oddsocket likes this.
    11-03-13 10:55 AM
    Folks, it IS NOT a question of personal preference when examining BBM'S potential. It is a question of the wide and varied preferences of millions and millions of people.

Why is this difficult to understand?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 10:58 AM
    THIS post ALSO has CAPS and hence MUST BE RIGHT.

If you disagree, you're being cultish.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 11:07 AM
    It doesn't right now, actually.

Posted via CB10
    I know people are reporting cross platform issues. I hope the reliability issues will be resolved pretty soon.
    11-03-13 11:08 AM
    THIS post ALSO has CAPS and hence MUST BE RIGHT.

If you disagree, you're being cultish.

Posted via CB10
    a completely meaningless post, and consistent with the level of maturity elsewhere in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 11:14 AM
    a completely meaningless post, and consistent with the level of maturity elsewhere in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    You mean like calling people cultish for disagreeing with you on the visual appeal of bbm?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 11:29 AM
    I do not think it is ugly and I don't belong to any cults. Some people like simplicity in looks. It is a matter of taste. Less is more. What I care about are reliability, privacy and functionality which I hope they continue to improve and master in these areas.
    This^

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    11-03-13 11:30 AM
    You mean like calling people cultish for disagreeing with you on the visual appeal of bbm?

Posted via CB10
    You are confusing yourself. I have not accused people of being cultish for disagreeing with me. I have accused them of being cultish for cultishly supporting BlackBerry, and refusing to accept that BBM does not have a visual appeal suitable to a wide and varied audience. The responses to my statements have been almost exclusively childish and silly, or focused on a person's individual preference while missing the fact that a winning BBM would have preference setting that visually appeal to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 11:37 AM
    You are confusing yourself. I have not accused people of being cultish for disagreeing with me. I have accused them of being cultish for cultishly supporting BlackBerry, and refusing to accept that BBM does not have a visual appeal suitable to a wide and varied audience. The responses to my statements have been almost exclusively childish and silly, or focused on a person's individual preference while missing the fact that a winning BBM would have preference setting that visually appeal to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    I think you're confusing two things. Yes, some people here are cultish in their refusal to acknowledge any shortcoming of BlackBerry. I am OBVIOUSLY not one of those people. However, I like BBM's look as it is. Simple and professional. I don't think it looks dated or old. I think it's simple but slick. I don't want all sorts of funky stuff in the look. That doesn't make me cultish. I just disagree with you.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 11:41 AM
    JAFTP!!!!
    11-03-13 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    1. I don't cultishly support BlackBerry, as I think you can see from my posting history. I just happen to like the way BBM looks as is.
    2. "BBM does not have a visual appeal suitable to a wide and varied audience" is a statement of opinion and not fact.
    3. I always prefer more options for users rather than fewer, but honestly...I think wallpapers etc for BBM is pretty low on the priority list. Which again, is just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and mujahid 10 like this.
    11-03-13 11:54 AM
    I've spoken to enough people to be certain that huge swathes of society want those options that folks in here find unnecessary. Obviously I can't prove that to anyone here, but I'm sure that just asking a random selection of people would produce the same result for you. Without being insulting, some of you would do well to read a little more carefully and successfully.

Can you find any evidence in this thread that I am interested in telling you that your preference is 'wrong'?

Regardless of your personal preferences or mine, these are issues that BBM should address so that everyone's preferences are catered to. They claim to want BBM to be number one, and that is going to mean covering all bases, and not simply relying on magical thinking that all the twelve-year-olds, and 'immature' people out there will suddenly 'grow up' and realise that BBM is what they need in their lives.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:13 PM
    Some people don't have the depth to realize that the key contributing factor to good user experience is the quality of the communication and not the appearance of the communication tool. If text messaging met my aforementioned needs, plus in some cases anonymity and affordability then it would be my chat app of choice. I suspect the OP has few and/or dull contacts on bbm or in general.
    11-03-13 12:25 PM
    Some people don't have the depth to realize that the key contributing factor to good user experience is the quality of the communication and not the appearance of the communication tool. If text messaging met my aforementioned needs, plus in some cases anonymity and affordability then it would be my chat app of choice. I suspect the OP has few and/or dull contacts on bbm or in general.
    Hence why I don't use fancy pencils with pictures on them. I use the plain-jain yellow quality ones.

To BlackBerry: BBM still looks dull and boring!-img_00000300.jpg

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    Oddsocket likes this.
    11-03-13 12:26 PM
    Here's the thing even though it's changed from what it used to look like on BlackBerry OS I hear ppl on ios and android who were former BlackBerry users complain it's so different or they aren't used to it or they don't like the look

Mind you of the brought the old look ppl will complain it's bland and hasn't changed

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:37 PM
    I've spoken to enough people to be certain that huge swathes of society want those options that folks in here find unnecessary. Obviously I can't prove that to anyone here, but I'm sure that just asking a random selection of people would produce the same result for you. Without being insulting, some of you would do well to read a little more carefully and successfully.

Can you find any evidence in this thread that I am interested in telling you that your preference is 'wrong'?

Regardless of your personal preferences or mine, these are issues that BBM should address so that everyone's preferences are catered to. They claim to want BBM to be number one, and that is going to mean covering all bases, and not simply relying on magical thinking that all the twelve-year-olds, and 'immature' people out there will suddenly 'grow up' and realise that BBM is what they need in their lives.

Posted via CB10
    Well take your complains to @BBM then! Than come on CB to point fingers. Are your hands clean?
    11-03-13 12:38 PM
    Honestly, regardless of anyone's desire for colors... what BlackBerry need to focus on is completing the function set as soon as possible.

They can open it up to 'skinning' and a million 'emoji' packs (because the alphabet obviously hasn't worked for human society) later.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:38 PM
    Again, childish insults and nonsense. As a matter of fact, I work in education, and hear the opinions and habits of hundreds of young people every day. As I used to own BlackBerry stock, I had an interest in their views, and used to chat to them about how they communicated, etc. You are way off. User experience is about everything, not just quality of communication.

You suffer from the same awful thinking in regards to this issue as BlackBerry. They were likewise sure that efficiency was enough, and that is why they have been wiped out. User experience is about everything. Some people care about efficiency and security, and some frankly don't. A top messaging app must be everything to everyone. BBM is not that right now. It could be, but it isn't. You can convince yourself that the whole world is shallow and silly, but no one out there is going to be interested. They will just stick with imessage, and WhatsApp with the pretty colours. As for my dull contacts, most of them have WhatsApp or imessage, and most have refused to download BBM because they say they are happy with what they have and don't need another messaging app, and the WhatsApp folks comment that BBM is too plain. I could call them all idiots, but I don't see how that would change anything.

Maybe BlackBerry should change their slogan? 'BlackBerry: Love us, or you're so immature!'

As the masses have been following BlackBerry's instructions when passing their phones in the shops, perhaps 'Keep Moving' is the perfect slogan after all.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 12:47 PM
    Honestly, regardless of anyone's desire for colors... what BlackBerry need to focus on is completing the function set as soon as possible.

They can open it up to 'skinning' and a million 'emoji' packs (because the alphabet obviously hasn't worked for human society) later.

Posted via CB10
    IMOP I think that they have to focus on bringing BBM on iOS and Android on par with the BBM we have while innovating new things. At the same time they have to add the emoji pack to entice millions on people who want more than the regular smileys. It should not be hard to implement. BlackBerry should have TAT design an emoji pack and can only be used on BBM from iOS and Android and throughout the whole OS on native Blackberries. Then worry about "skinning" it.
    11-03-13 01:12 PM
    Well take your complains to @BBM then! Than come on CB to point fingers. Are your hands clean?
    Post like this make no sense. If he can't express his opinion (even though he's wrong), then what's the point of a message board?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 01:40 PM
    BBM is very sleek and clean app,and to add on it looks very professional.
    11-03-13 01:47 PM
    BBM is class apart than any other IM??
    11-03-13 01:48 PM
57 123