So I'm at a doctors appointment bored I start using my Z10 when I get this idea which I kinda wish I hadn't. I thought "hey why didn't BlackBerry advertise their Z10 and Q10 after someone installs the bbm app on a phone that isn't a BlackBerry". I don't mean like a huge 2 page pop up that details each product and their strong points (but that would be a good idea too). How about like a nice text box on the top of your contacts saying "hey check out the new Z10 and Q10 available now". So what do you guys think should BlackBerry have done something like this in the beginning?

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 03:01 PM
    I have so many thoughts on what they should have done. Yours is cool. Add a link to a discount on said Z or Q in that message and it might make them look twice.
    11-27-13 04:43 PM
    Why is this "they should have done it?" They can still do this.

I think they would have to be careful about not being annoying with it, but I'm sure they can figure something out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    XDrew42 likes this.
    11-27-13 04:51 PM

I think they would have to be careful about not being annoying with it, but I'm sure they can figure something out.

Fantastic point!
    11-27-13 05:08 PM
    So I'm at a doctors appointment bored I start using my Z10 when I get this idea which I kinda wish I hadn't. I thought "hey why didn't BlackBerry advertise their Z10 and Q10 after someone installs the bbm app on a phone that isn't a BlackBerry". I don't mean like a huge 2 page pop up that details each product and their strong points (but that would be a good idea too). How about like a nice text box on the top of your contacts saying "hey check out the new Z10 and Q10 available now". So what do you guys think should BlackBerry have done something like this in the beginning?

Posted via CB10
    Would be horrendously annoying.

Speaking of BlackBerry advertising, when I made the unwise decision to upgrade my BBM, I was quite perturbed to learn that BlackBerry had decided to "conveniently update my status" to tell everyone that I upgraded.

It was bad enough that if offered me the exciting opportunity to let everyone in my social network know that BBM has gone cross platform, but to update my status, or even suggest such a stupid status update, is infuriating.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:18 PM

Well true they can still do it but I feel they should have done it from the beginning when bbm was first rolling out it would of been more effective well in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 10:00 PM