i am going to be getting a new bb this week i want to meet nice people not to be disrespectful but i want to meet people from the usa only how do you recommend i go about meeting new friends, all my current friends use iPhone and want nothing to do with bbm. i just want to meet new and exciting people.
    02-28-14 06:06 PM
    Meet real people who use Bbm.

All you will find here is a lot of 30-45 year old men pretending to be whatever you want to try to get you alone in a chat

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-28-14 06:09 PM
    All you will find here is a lot of 30-45 year old men pretending to be whatever you want to try to get you alone in a chat
    I'm not sure if you are making a reference to fantom or yourself.

Fantom ... i'm not sure it is that easy to do that with BBM. You can always find nice members here and perhaps one of the "US ONLY" folks will give you their PIN to share. Otherwise, maybe join one of the BBM groups or channels that caters to US friends (or create your own) and go from there.

If you are just looking for friends, I really don't get the "USA only" comment. Personally, I like having friends around the world and would never restrict myself to a small population. But everyone is different. Hope you find what you are looking for.
    02-28-14 06:15 PM
    I'm not sure if you are making a reference to fantom or yourself.
    . Technically, the reference is to any 3rd party...

I know it seems like a jaded statement but we are on CB and that is the CB intended demographic. So realistically, odds are that's who you would meet.

Edit: In full disclosure I don't get the whole chat thing for friendship or whatever anyway. No judgement on those that do. And sure if someone needs help with software development, or electrical engineering 101 - I'm happy to help - and have several bbm groups open in the subject. But how is your day going, and what colour do you like? I don't have that kind of spare time in a day.

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-28-14 06:25 PM
    Try to convince your friends on iOS and Android to use BBM. That's the best way.

And if you like to meet new people. Just share your PIN in forums you're active in, or maybe on twitter or whatever.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 06:40 PM